PDA

View Full Version : Change trigger pull!?

68magOwner
07-17-2003, 01:51 PM
ok, i was just messin around with my mag, and i took the longest spring (level 10 kit) and cut it shorter than the shortest one, then i put it on my mag, expecting nothing to happen, just messing around. But to my amazement, my trigger pull is now notecably (spelled wrong) shorter. Can someone explain this phenomina? Because i cant, but i love it, i can achive a high rate of fire much easier than before. :D :confused:

RSM
07-17-2003, 06:57 PM
someone correct me if im wrong on this, but i think its because you have changed the spring preesure pushing on the bolt. this inturn reduces the air pressure from the valve required to make the marker fire. so easier to pull trigger.
hows the antichop on the lvl 10 now?

68magOwner
07-17-2003, 07:11 PM
still works perfectly, i tested it with my finger, then i put a ball 1/2 way in the breech to test, no chop, and i also notice a bit more reactivity, i dont know (or really care) why, but this is sweet, ghetto ULE trigger (well not that soft)

sk8bordr706
07-23-2003, 04:30 PM
how do u cut the spring, as in do u have to bend it any special way after u cut it

athomas
07-24-2003, 09:17 AM
Lightening the bolt spring allows the mag to operate at a lower front chamber pressure. This reduces the amount of force you have to push against on the on/off pin. The antichop capabilities are reduced compared to the longer unmodified cut or uncut spring but still there. The length of the pull will be unaffected because the sear and on/off position do not change, but the pull will be lilghter for sure.

If the setup works for you and provides the antichop that you need, go for it.

sk8bordr706
07-24-2003, 10:04 AM
how short can u make the spring, does the end of the spring have to extend past the bolt, if not, how far down the bolt does it have to go? thx for ur help

crazy_penguin85
07-24-2003, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the info.