PDA

View Full Version : I like my guns heavy

RTGuy86
07-17-2003, 02:35 PM
i just figured this one out yesterday. i was messing around w/ a friends ULE,X-valved, ULE mag and i just couldnt get used to it. i also ,essed w/ his cocker(same setup as mine just diff. milling to make it uber light) adn i didnt like that either. im always getting that "man your gun is a freekin boat anchor from the local guys that i alway play w/ but it never seems heavy to me. is any one else like this or am i just strange?

Ov3rmind
07-17-2003, 03:24 PM
I like my guns somewhere inbetween, like the weight of an Angel or maybe a Matrix. At the moment my Cocker with an SS barrel is a little too much for my tastes, which is one of the reasons I'm getting rid of it. I'm thinking a Viking with a CP Barrel will be just right.

PRPB
07-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Nope I'm the same way. I don't find my mag heavy at all, but every time someone uses it they complain about the weight.It gets old after a while when it's the same people saying it.

Sparq
07-17-2003, 03:43 PM
*raises hand*

Last time I played, my mag with steel tank, hopper, etc was about twice the weight of the next heaviest gun at the field. The thing is, I don't notice it once the paint starts flying.

RTGuy86
07-17-2003, 03:49 PM
ya. i cant wait to get myself a warp. it will add just enough for me. any of you have pics of your setups? i always like to see. also do any of ya have a warp youll trade? lmk

PRPB
07-17-2003, 03:54 PM
Here is my "boat anchor":D

Minimag with: SS Bigshot,J&J ceramic, ACI gas thru, Iframe, Warp, Rev, KAPP DZ, 88 stub, very long SB hose.

RTGuy86
07-17-2003, 03:56 PM
sweetness. id put up pics of mine but they never show up.

ReTro Boy
07-17-2003, 03:58 PM
I never noticed the weight of an old skool RT (Halo and 114/3K Raptor) until the second day of a 2-day big game. MAN, that thing was heavy...

...during a simple day of play, it's no biggie.

Clockwork_Orange
07-17-2003, 03:59 PM
Rtguy86 you're just strange...seek help, seriously!!! (joking):p ;)

I've been through the same ordeal, It's nothing new! My mag is heavy, but I play comfortably with it... Some people just have to except that we are part of a stronger breed:D

RTGuy86
07-17-2003, 04:00 PM
i have used my first classic RT w/ one of those old fugly benchy frames SS tank for a 3 -day scenario that i wnet to and didnt notice the weight of it at all. through out the whole scenario

RTGuy86
07-17-2003, 04:02 PM
ya we must be used to carrying around our big guns all day(as he flexes):D

Evil Bob
07-17-2003, 04:04 PM
A heavy marker is alot more forgiving on the barrel movement end when recoil and muscular twicthing and heavy breathing enter the equation.

I've seen guys with fly weight markers fan the hell out of their trigger and miss everything in sight, barrel tip bobbing all over the place. Sure, they can shoot fast, but they can't hit what they're aiming at, what's the point?

My marker tops out at bit over 12 pounds loaded with paint, I'm quite used to it, then again I used to fire an M60 from the shoulder too, so go figure. People who try my marker out have a hard time with the weight at first ("its SOOO heavy"), after 10 minutes of playing with it they usually setting into it, especially when they're shooting darts at everything in sight.

-Evil Bob

RTGuy86
07-17-2003, 04:16 PM
evil. i know what ya mean about the 60 from the shoulder. i am also a gun fanatic and i have fired almost every gun on the planet. im a smaller guy so the 60 from the shoulder was hard so i went prone and had much easier time.

on another note-----
i find that my Z-grip helps alot.

Eagle
07-17-2003, 04:33 PM
Back when I was at my peak, they called me 'La Longua Carabine', The Long Rifle, straight out of Last of the Mohicans. That was with my Tippmann 98. My EMag is even longer when I use my Voodoo stock. And yes, both markers are heavy. Thank god for slings.

RTGuy86
07-17-2003, 04:34 PM
can i see pics of the e-mag w/ a stock? i have never seen one. i wouldnt do it but if you like it more power to ya.

ChucktheMAGician
07-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Evil Bob, what setup is 12 lbs?!! My emag is barely under 10 w/out paint, I wonder if paint would make it that much more?! http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=692973

Hexis
07-17-2003, 04:45 PM
So all you heavy gun aficionados, who is interested in a uber Heavy AA SS Apoc 68ci/4500psi tank and reg? It’s built like a Tank, and I mean an M1-A2 Abrams.

:)

RTGuy86
07-17-2003, 04:46 PM
hexis i want it!!!! pm me

Clockwork_Orange
07-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Evil Bob:
A heavy marker is alot more forgiving on the barrel movement end when recoil and muscular twicthing and heavy breathing enter the equation.

I've seen guys with fly weight markers fan the hell out of their trigger and miss everything in sight, barrel tip bobbing all over the place. Sure, they can shoot fast, but they can't hit what they're aiming at, what's the point?

LOL... :D

Sparq
07-17-2003, 05:19 PM
Now with smoke shells, EQ Multiswitch kit, and with a y-grip on the way

http://www3.sympatico.ca/reids/Paintball/MyRT1Med.jpg

SIGSays
07-17-2003, 05:22 PM
your strange... lol... i had a full ss set up... lol dye ss and all.. warp and stuff.. i didn't mind it... but once i ran around the house with my ule mag.. damn i felt good... after walking around the field lugging around the old mag made my arms tired.... and i'm not a little little guy...

TheJester
07-17-2003, 08:53 PM
weight is never a problem...it's balance. i don't care if my gun weighed 20lbs as long as it was well balanced

Strider
07-17-2003, 09:13 PM
<i>involkes best Arnold voice</i>

You haven't seen heavy till you play VM! :D

http://www.thestrider.com/Paintball/VM_Freak/VM_Freak_Angle.jpg

personman
07-17-2003, 09:19 PM
I'm the exact opposite..
Ive always wanted to run with my mag.. hopefully I will be able to do that with my next setup :p