PDA

View Full Version : if you could change the future of paintball...

Konigballer
07-18-2003, 03:03 AM
If you could, Marty McFly style, what would YOU guys advance, create, change in the world of paintball in the future? Just curious?Not somethin' stupid like "mags rule the field again", more like where would you like marker technology, loaders, paintball-or in a broader since "projectiles" advance. How might the changes you want change the fields and tactics of the paintball "in the future". Think out of the box, Doc style...."where we're going, we dont need..roads."

FooTemps
07-18-2003, 03:08 AM
.... hmm.....

I would:

Fix trigger bounce
Fix runaway
BAN full auto everywhere
make a central index of all markers with current owners and history
make one unified paintball league
make one reffing body with refs that were given proper training
figure out a better way to manufacture paintballs cheaper
figure out how to dispell the bad image paintball has
ban all the morons who do bad things with paintball markers (ex: shoot old ladies and make them fall and break their hips)
etc

Ov3rmind
07-18-2003, 04:28 AM
My list:

-Much severer punishments for whiping in the NPPL, PSP, PanAm, NXL, etc. Also make penalties for bad sportsmanship.

-Ban all modes of fire except semi and pump. Full auto could of course be available to manufacturers to test their gun's maximum capabilities.

-Create an organization to fully/successfully defend paintball in the media.

-Make it so stores have to meet special requirements to retail paintball guns (no more idiots at Walmart telling customers masks aren't necessary with pumps).

-Make compressed air safety more widely available information to everyone.

-Make tanks capable of holding 6000 psi a common item. Inefficiency becomes a thing of the past, and current efficient guns could go for an extremely long time without refills.

-Start making a standard barrel thread type for all guns.

Jonneh
07-18-2003, 04:44 AM
RPG style Stats for every player on the planet.

I'm a level 12 front player.

SG Avenger
07-18-2003, 07:12 AM
1. Low gravity arenas for awesome airial bunker moves.
2. Computer Integrated Jersey's to register hits/breaks and location. As soon as a break was registerd the Jersey would change colors to a "Dead Mans" Jersey.
3. Tactical display in the helmet. [GameTime/Teammates still in play/Auto-leading crosshair that travels wherever the gun is pointed]

Of course this is all paintball 2099 stuff.. but [grin] hey, why not.

Albinonewt
07-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Simple

1) Bigger Markers
2) Louder Markers
3) Hoppers would make more noise
4) Tanks would make more noise
5) Everything would weigh three times as much (let those skinny athletic kids try bukering me with a 25 pound marker)
6) Paint would "stick" to a player, making wiping impossible

Star_Base_CGI
07-18-2003, 08:55 AM
Smart Mag with Integrated mask rules field. Players are able to shoot around corners and see in their mask where the gun is pointed. Special fully autocmatic only tournaments. New vest comes out and %99 of all balls bounce off.

Mag firmware 4.0 has a ressonance trigger bounce filter that automatically detects and filters out trigger bounce with a .0666666666 variable.

Tom Kaye Buys brass Eagle for $10,000,000. He goes to work improving all the product line. New Indestrucatble Revy shells come out and an entry level marker made in the US that costs $100.

Jack & Coke
07-18-2003, 09:10 AM
The future?

How about better technologies to prevent cheating?

I see WAY TOO much cheating (i.e. wiping, sliding on hits, spin and shoot, etc.) and MUCH LESS honor in todays "tournament" style ball.

I would like to see a "future" technology that disables your gun and makes a loud sound as soon as you are hit. Something like the military's version of laser tag.

How? I have no idea... that's for the future to figure out! :)