PDA

View Full Version : Children's Hospital Charity Event in Washington St

Los
07-18-2003, 03:12 AM
Children's Hospital Charity Event in Washington State

I didn't know where else to put this, so here it is.

I am putting on a Charity event to raise money for Children's Hospital. it will be on August 3rd, 2003 at 9am at Splat Attack Paintball.

We are trying to raise $10,000 for Children's Hospital. KIRO Radio, Paintball 2xtremes, and Splat magazine will be there to cover the event. I am also sending out a press release to all of the other local television, radio, and other media companies. This will be great for Children's Hospital and the sport of paintball.

Some of the businesses helping with the event and raffle prizes are:

Splat Attack Paintball, Paranoid Paintball, DYE, Cobra Paintball, Pod*****.com, Severe, STP, National Paintball, Chem-dry, Wings Aloft flight School, the EMP, Outback Steakhouse, FORD motor company, Hollywood video, RedRobin, Lamiglass Inc, Starbucks, Electric Bannana, Subway, Verisign, and others are still signing on.

I work for the Washington State Patrol so I have arranged for two of our patrol vehicles to be at the event and there will be some troopers there also to talk about the WSP and to support the event.

Email me for more info. I can send you a flyer.

Carlos Rodriguez sear0d@rainierconnect.com

Los
07-19-2003, 09:02 AM
up

RetroEclipseMan
07-19-2003, 08:12 PM
Hey, this sounds like a good cause guys. I'm supposed to be going out of town for the weekend but since it's on a sunday I think I may be able to come back early for it. Maybe we could get a little AO day going as well. I'll talk to some more people and see what they say to.

Los
07-25-2003, 04:21 AM
up

Los
07-25-2003, 02:28 PM
up

GatoLoco
07-25-2003, 04:06 PM
wow man, this is a great thing you are doing for children and paintball

Los
07-26-2003, 08:48 AM
up

Los
07-28-2003, 07:39 AM
:D up

aaron_mag
07-28-2003, 12:54 PM
Exactly where is Splat Attack paintball (what part of Washington). Also what is the format (entry fee, paint fees, etc.). I know it is for charity but these things help.

SG Avenger
07-28-2003, 01:11 PM
Sounds awesome, and I commend you on all the effort that has been put into it. I just wish I was back on the West Coast so I could attend..

Los
07-29-2003, 01:33 AM
It is in federal Way Washington near the Enchanted Village Amusement Park. If you want a flyer just send me an email at sear0d@rainierconnect.com and I will ship it right out.

Carlos

Blazestorm
07-29-2003, 04:20 AM
cant wait im going :D

Los
07-30-2003, 04:52 PM
up

heftylefty
07-31-2003, 12:13 AM
darn, why does it have to be on the same day as the severe 3 man. i wanted to go to it but im going to play in the tourney:( ill try and have someone buy me some raffle tickets so i can donate somehow.:)

Los
07-31-2003, 08:41 AM
It was hard to find a date witohout a conflict this year. The event was planned back in February.

heftylefty
07-31-2003, 02:59 PM
ooh gotcha;)

aaron_mag
07-31-2003, 03:11 PM
Do you have a planned schedule? I am 90 percent sure that I am going to go to this but I want to tell the wife when to expect me back home. The flyer says starting at 9:00 what is the planned end time? Raffle to be held when? Etc.

Los
08-01-2003, 05:55 AM
it ends at 6pm. I just received workd that ther are 5 DirecTv systems added onto the raffle. this is 5 systmes which include 2 receivers, a dish and full installation.

aaron_mag
08-04-2003, 11:07 AM
Great event I had fun. Any other people from AO make it? I took a bunch of pictures and will be getting them from the developer Tuesday. I'll post some on the board. This is an event that NW paintballers need to support. Carlos Rodriguez is a great guy and it is not easy to pull something like this off. Next year after you post it on AO I'll drop off some of the flyers at the local paintball stores. I think you may be surprised how many Oregonians would be willing to make that drive.

Any count on how many people came to the event and how much money was raised? The attendance seemed to grow as the day went on.

RetroEclipseMan
08-04-2003, 01:05 PM
Hope the event went well guys. Sorry, it was my mom's birthday so I was stuck in Cle Elum for the weekend so I couldn't make it. Hopefully I'll make the next one.

Los
08-04-2003, 04:34 PM
I appreciate all that showed up. We had some great prizes and I made some new contacts in the industry so next year will be much better.

We had about 100 people that particpated plus vendors. Next year the event will not conflict with any other events, which should help with attendance.

Also next year in order to win prizes that are related to paintball you will have to be present ot win. Any other prizes you will not have to be present ot win. I think this will also help to increase the attendance and make it a bit more exicting for those attending the event.

Once the schedule this out for the 2004 torunament season I will begin to plan for next year.

Also look for the coverage of this event in Splat Magazine, you should be able to find it at your local 7-11. Next years event will also be advertised a lot better, and much sooner.

We raised $4500 the day of the event, whcih is pretty good with only 100 in attendance. Thanks to all that helped by showing up!

Cardinal_Biggles
08-04-2003, 08:54 PM
I'm glad to see you guys raised some cash! Sadly, I couldn't play (waiting on my x-valve) but I showed up and donated some anyway. It had a great atmosphere, and I really enjoyed chatting with aaron-mag. We should set up an AO-NW Day some time. I'll definitely be attending next year's Children's Hospital event, so as soon as you guys set a date, let me know.

Biggles

aaron_mag
08-04-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Cardinal_Biggles
It had a great atmosphere, and I really enjoyed chatting with aaron-mag. We should set up an AO-NW Day some time.

Second that! Need an AO NW! Need to show those darn east coasters and So Cal Players who really owns AO!!! :D

heftylefty
08-04-2003, 10:06 PM
the last time blazestorm tried to make an AO meet up here, only 3 people showed up. this time we should try and have more people show up. ill go but i wont have a mag. someone should organize it.

sounds like the event was a blast and you guys must have raised a lot of money for the amount of people that showed up. ill defientely go to the charity event next year.