PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone put down full auto?

Stingrayman42
07-18-2003, 12:12 PM
What is the deal with full auto? It is banned most everywhere. I don't see the logic in this. Most full auto settings on markers limit them to around 13 bps. Why is this banned, when it is ok to shoot 15-20 bps in semi? This doesn't make sense. Am I missing something? Please share your thoughts.

Crighton
07-18-2003, 12:16 PM
Its all about controlled fire. With FA people have more of a chance to bonus ball people on accident.

I guess I'm lucky in the fact that one of the fields around here does allow FA.

QUINCYMASSGUY
07-18-2003, 12:19 PM
Because it is unstable, if the trigger got stuck back the gun would shoot nonstop and be unsafe, if you lean it on something and the trigger gets hit it will start shooting wildly, and it prompts people to basically just stick the gun over a bunker and just wave it wildly. Having one shot, one pull is safer, keeps the gun in the control of the user in and out of their hands, stops insurance from having an issue with the aforementioned issues, and on top of that adds some skill to the game instead of it just being about waving a marker around like an idiot and hitting refs, teammates, etc. Just my two cents!

LittMag
07-18-2003, 12:22 PM
Because most people cannot pull 12-13 BPS for more than half a second. Also, if someone gets luck one shot can slightly lift a mask off someone's face, with full auto, the second shot is gonna be close and a third or even 4th ball is following behind it. This leads to the potential for someone litteraly getting their mask shot off and without a controlled fire, there are a lot more shots following towards the same spot.