PDA

View Full Version : good (twistlock) barrels

i_baked_cookies
07-18-2003, 06:11 PM
i have a 12 inch rt barrel and its pretty accurate and the range is a little less than what i want. i need a barrel with good accuracy and good range for under 60 bucks. i put a good eye on the smart parts teardrop barrel... and all the other barrels i looked at didnt please me. could some of you tell me if the teardrop is a good barrel and also if u have suggestions. i want the barrel to be available on paintballgear.com or paintballarmory.com

thanks

space_weazel_45
07-18-2003, 06:28 PM
i find the Smartparts All American in a 10-14" length to be most exelent and accurate tey look real good on mags to! read Toms Tech Tips under the resources tab and read about barrel tests. before you buy

Pballwizz
07-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Barresl dont give range, but velocity does :D A good barrel, how bout a Lapco bigshot, witha good paint to barrel match it is really accurate.

WarBUCKs
07-18-2003, 07:46 PM
Just so happens I have a smart parts Twist Lock 12 inch Tear Drop barrel for sale... see my signature... :)

I use a Tear Drop on my mag and it shoots quite nicely. The company I bought my TearDrop from accidently sent me two of them. So, I am selling it.

It is still in the wrapping too.

$20 out the door, that is including shipping.. :)

If you are interested, PM me.

RTGuy86
07-18-2003, 07:51 PM
well i would suggest a BOA. i have a 12" SS Custom BOA but it cost me more than 60. but i also have a 12" teardrop that i like to use. i think i use my little 8"BOA the most tho because im always playing indoor supair.

FalconGuy016
07-18-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by smee
i have a 12 inch rt barrel and its pretty accurate and the range is a little less than what i want. i need a barrel with good accuracy and good range for under 60 bucks.
thanks

Uh oh! :)

Barrels dont give extra range. The velocity of the gun is your range. However, if you DO switch lengths, the range WILL change, but that is because the velocity is changed. When you adjust it to the correct velocity again, the range will be the same.

If your barrel is bad, or your paint is bad, it may seem like your range is lacking at points, but its not because of your barrel really. Its your velocity (there isnt anything wrong with RT barrel I thought)

68magOwner
07-18-2003, 11:20 PM
i use a 14in DYE aluminum, its very accurate, but thats just beacuse of ball to barrel matchup, but also it is very quiet and light too...and barrels dont give you range