PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Battery

l33tpaintballer
07-18-2003, 06:57 PM
How do I attach my e-mag battery to the gun? I have 1 screw. The guy at the paintball store said I need to turn the trigger off or something because when I tried attaching it I got a bunch of sparks.

Any instruction would be appreciated, thanks.

ChucktheMAGician
07-18-2003, 07:13 PM
I'm assuming it's an original emag frame and emag battery housing? If so slide it up the grooves in front of the trigger guard and put the screw in right under the barrel.

The sparking sounds weird tho, I wonder if it's assembled right?:confused:

l33tpaintballer
07-18-2003, 07:35 PM
So what do I do about the sparking? There are two buttons on the back, would those have something to do with it?

ChucktheMAGician
07-18-2003, 07:42 PM
The buttons on the back of the frame cycle thru programming options. I'm assuming you got the gun used?

fire1811
07-18-2003, 09:58 PM
lol
no matter what it shouldnt be sparking
i would suggest you call agd first thing monday

l33tpaintballer
07-18-2003, 11:51 PM
Crap! Ok I'll call them. Yea I got it used heh

l33tpaintballer
07-19-2003, 02:04 AM
Alright, so I think I've found out my problem. The sparks have something to do with the screw I'm using to fasten the battery to my emag frame. Do you use the same screw that fastens it to the charger?

When I simply put the battery on with my hand, it works fine. So how exactly am I supposed to fasten the battery to the frame? Thanks

dcmander
07-19-2003, 02:28 AM
The battery fastens to the frame with the same screw that fastens the frame to the rail. It is the tampered "field strip" screw.

l33tpaintballer
07-19-2003, 12:37 PM
So is it the same one as is used to fasten it to the charger?

l33tpaintballer
07-19-2003, 12:58 PM
I am now quite sure that I am indeed using the right screw. Is it possible that there is some kind of wire going through the grip frame that is stripped or something and then touching the screw? The reason I ask is that when I simply hold the battery in place, everything is fine.

ChucktheMAGician
07-19-2003, 01:48 PM
Some of the contacts could have been messed w/ by the previous owner. Seperate the rail and the grip and the positive terminal has a little post/bolt that sticks up and has a wire attatched going to the circuit board. Negative is just grounded, like a car, so if that terminal was removed and spacers that keep it off of the body weren't put back right it could cause problems.