PDA

View Full Version : Automag RT? E-mag?

Blink
07-18-2003, 08:38 PM
I am thinking about gettign a new gun, I have right now a M3 Black Dragon LED, which a nice electric gun. I am looking into a Automag RT or a E-mag.

I was looking at this Automag RT, and what I really liek on this, is the valve, it is out of the way, and nothing to get in your fingers direction, is this a upgrade, if so, what is it?
http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_36ab1f60229fcb5e8eeeff9abe43cfd6/i-2.JPG

I just wanted to know, what is a better gun, I play woods ball and speedball, I want to know what would be better, I like shooting fast, and I want it to be touney legal. I think I read that the Automag RT is not electric correct? How fast can it shoot? What do you all prefer for guns? Are there any other mags that you might think would be better for me?

Thanks a lot guys,

Blink!

Ryknow
07-18-2003, 08:49 PM
first off, welcome to AO!

You are correct, the automag RT is not electronic, but it is extremely fast once you learn the trigger. And with the new ULE trigger coming out, it will be very light. I could pop off 14 or so on my RT no problem.

the particular marker you posted is actually not in production anymore, they are now called RT Pro X's and come with a x-valve (all aluminum RT valve), intelliframes, and Level 10. I would suggest an RT profor woods ball, becuase of not being electronics. I am not saying an e-mag will crap out on you in e-mode, because they have switch to manual on them. But the RT pro is a nice choice, or search the marker for sale forum and pick up a nice x-valved mag. An RT pro with a different name.

Hope this helps,
Tyler

FalconGuy016
07-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Welcome to AO :)

Pretty much all mags can perform the same with the proper upgrades, they just look a little cosmetically different from each other, except emags (because they are electronic) and old RetroMags (because they have slightly nonstandard parts, but it still performs the same). For example, a regular mag with a Xvalve and intelliframe, will work the same as an RT Pro, but it will not have the same look as an RT Pro. Look around the different pictures of mags on the forums to get an idea, you can really upgrade a mag.

Here is a nice, and light, mag
Automag ~ 250 new, just buy standard feed for cheapness
ULE Body ~ 145 new
Xvalve ~ 225 with valve trade in
Intelliframe ~ 115
Hosing, Drop, ASA, Forgrip ~ 100
Barrel ~ 100
Hopper ~ 50

Thats pretty much the most ideal mag fully upgraded, and those are all new prices, most people usually buy used and its MUCH cheaper and there is no performance loss (check the buyer traders forums)

I cant tell you about the emag I never used one

Edit: You know I realized? It would be probalby easier just to buy the rail and stock valve (used stock valve just for the trade in, not to use) than to buy a whole gun and upgrade everything. Stock valves go for around $75 used or less, and the rail <a href="http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=236&CATID=6">Here</a> is $40 brand new. So replace the automag with $115 and all you need to do is find the stock valve :)

Or you could just buy an RT Pro lol

Ryknow
07-18-2003, 09:03 PM
or you could do...
Omega rail - 55
ULE - 145
Y-frame/i-frame - 120
X-valve - 325
SP teardrop - 50

All that and you will have an ultimate paint slinging marker. total cost = around 750

Blink
07-18-2003, 09:42 PM
What type of feed d you guys use? Left, right, vertical? I shoot with my right hand on the right side of the gun (viewed from behind it) and the tank at my right shoulder, what should I use, right now I have a vertical, but is the right or left feed any different, and if I were to go to a slanted, which way would I want it?

Torbo
07-18-2003, 11:30 PM
definatly vert feed. Far superior.

balanced better
hopper is lower (with a low rise at least)
No elbow= not breaking the elbow, and not having the hopper twist around when you open and close the lid
Not having a huge target whenever you come out the opposite side of the bunker.

Thus, id go with a ULE body, and i will once i get some money