PDA

View Full Version : Which mag?

canemaster
07-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Hi im new to mags (own a BKO) and i was loooking into a mag cause i heard awsome things about them.

When i get the money im going to have around 500-600 dollars so what should i get

Cmaster

Much Thanks

FalconGuy016
07-18-2003, 09:57 PM
Welcome to AO :)

500-600 can buy you a LOT depending on what path you choose.

<b>NEW!</b>

You can always go simple (and boring IMO :)) and buy a RT Pro. That will give you

-Xvlave! Fastest recharging valve ever, now lightweight! Comes with LEVEL 10 meaning no more chopping paintballs
-Intelliframe
-The rest of the gun :) Look at a pic of it, its pretty complete

You can always start from the ground up also. Buy a mag, buy the parts and put them on :) You can choose whatever you want, and the advantage here is that you can buy ULE bodies as well, which are light bodies, and design the mag the way you want it to be.

Here is a plan I devised like 20 minutes ago in another thread
Buy a Minimag/Classic Rail for $40 new at the AGD store
Buy a used stock valve from these forums for around $75 (you wont be using it)
Buy a ULE body in color of your choice - 145
Buy an Intelliframe - 115
Foregrip, Hosing, ASA, drop - 100
TRADE in your valve, and buy an xvalve for 225 (comes with LX)
Buy a barrel - 100 (or whatever, cheaper or more expensive depending on what you want to do, or can)

You're set! Thats REALLY building it from the ground up
*This is assuming you have a tank and hopper

<b>Buy Used</b>
!! Greatest value. Mags dont lose performance (unless abused or altered) when used, so buying used is a good deal! You get a big cut on money while keeping the performance. Also this way you can get a complete setup quickly. Check out the buyer / trader forums

Thats all I can think of :) good luck

ramennoodles
07-18-2003, 10:02 PM
i think that falcon's plan is a great idea.

canemaster
07-18-2003, 10:07 PM
thanks

FalconGuy016
07-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Oh, and one more thing, you can probably squeeze a used emag if you really tried. I just saw one for $550 (although they are usually a bit higher)

CrazyLad
07-18-2003, 10:18 PM
yeah i say get an emag (assuming since you had a bko you already have revvy,nitro,etc.) or get a sweet use mag or build from ground up