PDA

View Full Version : Which reg is the best

Mikey#1
07-19-2003, 09:28 AM
Which reg on the market toda is considered the best. I need something that will recharge fast, very fast, but yet stay very very consistent.

-Mikey

Xyxyll
07-19-2003, 11:28 AM
Max-Flow all the way.

darklord
07-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Depends on what kind of reg. HP/LP? For LP, no question the Sidewinder is king. And are we talking inline regs, or tank regs? CO2 or compressed air?

Brak
07-19-2003, 12:42 PM
inline: sidewiner

tank reg: dynaflow, maxflo

beefstew
07-19-2003, 01:30 PM
Maxflow and conquest tanks, dynaflows spike sometimes. Sidewinder is the best inline reg on the market, maxflow inline is good for higher pressure applications.

JT2002
07-19-2003, 01:36 PM
a torpedo reg is a great inline reg too. they recharge he!!a fast :D and are very consistent

Marek
07-19-2003, 01:47 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree. Cheaper than most and performs just as well.

rehme
07-19-2003, 01:47 PM
inline - sidewinder
lpr - micro rock
tank - armegedon

Jerhew
07-19-2003, 02:30 PM
inline?
palmer stabilizer.

Mikey#1
07-19-2003, 04:42 PM
Sry, lemme give you guys more info. I'm lookin for an inline reg. Right now i'm using co2 but i plan to go to compressed air very soon. I wont be getting a very expensive bottle. I'll probly end up getting a nitro duck, pmi or cross fire tank. Right now i'm using a spyder that runs on high pressure but i plan on making it run low pressure. the reason i want something fast and consistent is because i play front and i hope to get a mag one and know they can rock, so i want some thing that will supply air to it as fast as it can shoot. keep the ideas coming guys. right now i'm lookin at getting either maxflo, palmer, messiah, or sidwinder.

darklord
07-19-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Mikey#1
Sry, lemme give you guys more info. I'm lookin for an inline reg. Right now i'm using co2 but i plan to go to compressed air very soon. I wont be getting a very expensive bottle. I'll probly end up getting a nitro duck, pmi or cross fire tank. Right now i'm using a spyder that runs on high pressure but i plan on making it run low pressure. the reason i want something fast and consistent is because i play front and i hope to get a mag one and know they can rock, so i want some thing that will supply air to it as fast as it can shoot. keep the ideas coming guys. right now i'm lookin at getting either maxflo, palmer, messiah, or sidwinder. A Spyder? Save your $ bro, trust me, i've been there. I added everything you could imagine to my old shutter, but it wasn't satisfying enough. Even a classic mag with a lvl 10 and an intelli will be a WORLD of difference. Save your money!

Jerhew
07-19-2003, 05:04 PM
ok well a stabilizer will work good with co2 and nitro
but if you ultimately plan on getting a mag
just save toward that instead
mags don't need an inline reg
you can run a low end screw in nitro tank with a mag and still get pretty good consistency
you'll just end up starving the gun if you add another reg
as far as syders go
ya you can put a really good inline reg on it...
but
you'll most likely never get it as consistant as you want it

minnimag
07-19-2003, 06:05 PM
4 years ago i bought a spyder compact 2000. i upgraded every single part execpt for the body. but that is every single part on it, and i still ended up getting a mag. i still have my spyder and yes it is a ton of fun to fool around with but it cost me so much money and now i cant sell it for nearly what it cost me so its better just to keep it. I would just save the money and play with what you have now, it is never as bad as you think it is.

Mikey#1
07-19-2003, 08:59 PM
No, the spyder isn't to bad. that is why i haven't got a mag or anything else already. I'm not gonna spend a bunch of money on a new gun right now. that is why i do little upgrades to my spyder. I haven't gone all out with it and replaced every part, i've just made modifications to the stock parts to make it preform better. my spyder doesn't have all the fancy parts but when it gets down to it i'm still taken out the guys with the high end electros( angels, shocker, impulse, cocker, and yes the Emag). I don't plan to fool around wiht my spyder. That is why i wann reg for it. I'm not sure if i'll end up with a mag, but i atleast want to be able to put that big dollar reg on whatever i end up getting. to get back on subject, i'm hearing alot about the sidewinder. Gemme some specs on it. how good are the other regs that i listed in my last post. btw, add a gladiator reg to that list. thnx for the suggestions.

Mikey#1
07-28-2003, 11:30 PM
UPDATE: I now have a compressed air bottle. Any suggestions on a good reg for my better air supply. I want soem info on any reg.

Jerhew
07-28-2003, 11:49 PM
unless you managed to buy just a bottle...
they're just about always sold with a reg...
if it has an asa then it has a reg
honestly
there is no justifiable reason to buy an inline reg now...
it will benefit you in such a minor way that it'd be truly a waste of money

take that extra $80 you'd blow on an inline reg and spend it on some practice paint.

SIGSays
07-29-2003, 10:54 AM
these aren't the best but these are pretty good for the price.....

nitro duck xstream reg and wdp mini reg

oneshot
07-29-2003, 02:43 PM
inline- sidewinder, torpedos also work well

as for tanks, Nitro Duck mega regs are as good as maxflows. both work good single regged.

Mr.Orange
07-29-2003, 03:16 PM
Palmer Stabilizer...

My two cents...

James

Muzikman
07-29-2003, 03:47 PM
If you now have an HPA system for the Spyder, forget about the inline reg. If you really want an inline reg, go with the Palmer Stablizer. You can even wait for the new one to be officially released.

http://www.paintmagazine.com/cgi-bin/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=8&thread=6820