PDA

View Full Version : Gino Re-Opens Big Time!!! (South Jersey/Philly Field)

1stdeadeye
07-19-2003, 01:49 PM
Well, Gino from NPS has decided not to fight Mantua about his field on Route 45. He is building a new one instead.

The new fields are next door to his headquarters on Mantua Blvd. They are much larger then before. The 10 man is up and open now. More fields are coming soon.

TJ took me on a tour of the site today when I stoped in to get a new mask. The 10 man field is awesome. The netting is great and the spacing is perfect. They are moving the other 2 fields over in the next week. When they finish, there will be 4 speedball fields (3 Air, 1 hyper) and 2 woods fields. The speedball fields are being placed on former land that Gino rented to farmers in a semicircular pattern with a staging area in the middle. They are building a pavilion for the staging area. As per typical Gino, he is doing it fast. All of the construction material is already on site!

The two woods fields run from the railroad tracks to the edge of the speedball area. It will be a combination of buildings, wooden bunkers and mounds. They are fairly good size too! The woods have some pretty good trails cut into them and 1 of them is set up on a wicked cool hill!

The field will be FPO, but pretty cheap. $15 for entry and all day air/CO2 and $15 for rentals. The FPO is Blaze at $60.00 a case. When I questioned him about the FPO, he told me that they considered continueing the BYOP from the old field until last week. Apparently there was a HUGE problem last week at Picasso Lake. A couple of players started using frozen PBs or T Balls and hurt a bunch of people. Picasso may now be going FPO soon because of that.

A bunch of us are going to Paintball Invasion tomorrow on Rt. 73 in Winslow, but next time out, I plan on playing at NPS. It will be open on Saturdays and Sundays. Gino os also having lights put in for Wednesday night play sometime down the road.

lopxtc
07-19-2003, 01:54 PM
Hey how far is this from the Red Bank area? I go there allot lately for work and I would love to have someplace to play when not working.

Aaron

wobbles82
07-19-2003, 01:55 PM
I saw this also, its great that Gino is back. I think some people had obsessions with Ginos old field that cannot be explained. Heh. Anyway, Deadeye I wont be at Invasion tomorrow, unless its late, im sposed to be reffing. :rolleyes: But thanks for the offer, Ill finally get der one day! And whats up with the field paint thing? Pardon my French, but I think it sounds like bs. Gino is prolly just trying to sell some paint, lol. :D :D

Oh and as from Redbank, you have a good 40-50 minute drive down to South Jersey. But dont forget to stop in at Jay and Silent Bobs store! It rocks.

1stdeadeye
07-19-2003, 02:00 PM
Redbank is way too far away to make a quick run. This field is like 10 minutes south/east of Philly!

Wobbles,
I don't think FPO is a ploy by Gino. Everyone buys there paint from him anyway! It is most likely a control issue, because he used to allow it at his old field. TJ and Jarred have never lied to me, so I believe them here. The money this field generates will be peanuts compared to his empire. I also believe that it will be BYOP within a few months after the bruhaha from Picasso Lake dies down.

lopxtc
07-19-2003, 02:36 PM
Thats not that far ... I drive on average 45-50 mins just to my practice field ...

The hotel I am always at is like 10-15 mins from the Secret Stash :) ...

Aaron

Originally posted by wobbles82
Oh and as from Redbank, you have a good 40-50 minute drive down to South Jersey. But dont forget to stop in at Jay and Silent Bobs store! It rocks.

e mag
07-19-2003, 03:21 PM
i'm guessing the field is in NJ if its southeast of philly? do you have an address, i live about 45min north of philly and the closest fields are about an hour and 15min away in NJ.

JT2002
07-19-2003, 03:40 PM
NOBODY better complain about that FPO price. thats a great deal. at my local highway robbery, i mean indoor field :rolleyes: cousins, on BYOP night u can get midnight for 50 a case, and on FPO nights, (6 days of the week) it costs 100bux for a case of field blaze

1stdeadeye
07-19-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by e mag
i'm guessing the field is in NJ if its southeast of philly? do you have an address, i live about 45min north of philly and the closest fields are about an hour and 15min away in NJ.

Simple!

Take the Walt Whitman Bridge to Rt 42 in NJ.
Take Route 55 south.
use exit 53B
Make First left onto Mantua Blvd.
Go straight 1 1/2 miles.
Field and headquarters are on your right immediatly after you cross the train bridge.

LOPXTC,
Redbank is by Toms River. You are 1 to 1/2 hours from this field. The problem you have is Route 70. It is a one lane road. Get caught behind the wrong group of cars and it is a very SLOW trip!

magking1971
07-19-2003, 08:33 PM
$100!!! BUCKS FOR PAINT!?!? And people still play there?
That field would be out of busness in a month around here.
YIKES!!!!!!!

JT2002
07-19-2003, 08:55 PM
yep, and they make a killing on it. but they are really bust on byop nights