PDA

View Full Version : Strange tank fill today...

Skoad
07-19-2003, 05:03 PM
I'm running a HP tank right now and today at the field the guy doing the fills checks my hydro date, then fills it up to about 1500 with one tank, then takes it off goes over to another and caps it to about 3000.

I'm not sure what the crap he put in it but it my level 10 flipped out and i had to take out some shims. Then while playing a giant cloud of air was coming out of my barrel all day long, almost like if i was running CO2...it may have been the humidity but im not sure....

Is there any weird high pressure mixtures out there or something?

Derman2k
07-19-2003, 06:02 PM
If you only have scubas to fill it....he just needed to use a full one and thats why he switched. If it was raining that could have caused the clouds of smoke

NJPaint
07-19-2003, 06:44 PM
I had to read your post like 3 times before I understood what you said... He probobly emptied a tank and had to go to another, its just compressed air, nothing funny about it...

EsPo
07-19-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by NJPaint
I had to read your post like 3 times before I understood what you said... He probobly emptied a tank and had to go to another, its just compressed air, nothing funny about it...
i dont think he's talking about the air fill itself that was strange, but the way his lx acted and the cloud of smoke.

i have experienced clouds of smoke with my mag a long time ago using n2

jungleguy
07-19-2003, 07:07 PM
the two-tank air fill system?

we do the same thing at our field,
its just the other tank is higher pressure.
and its something about saving air.
its more convenient for the field to do that.

yeah, the weather definitely had something to do
with the "cloud" problem. i hate it when that happens.

Skoad
07-19-2003, 08:22 PM
yea, it was sooo humid today our thermal lenses were even fogging. I guess thats why there was the clouds. It cooled off later in the day but i really wasn't paying attention to it then.