PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Rex Problem

AFRaven
07-19-2003, 05:14 PM
Hey. A couple of weeks ago, I purchased an adjustable output, 88/4500, fiber wrapped, Air America Raptor Rex. Whenever I play, I get anywhere from a small, nearly inaudible leak, to a larger, hissing, load leak. When I mess with the adjustable output screw, I can find a happy medium where my gun still fires, and the tank reg doesn't leak. I am wondering, is this normal? If not, can I fix it somehow. Below is a picture of the reg setup. The red arrow points to the little hole that the gas is leaking from.

Phil
07-19-2003, 07:52 PM
Call Air America. Your tank has a lifetime guarantee. Their regs are simple they can probably diagnose it over the phone and put the part in the mail.

AFRaven
07-19-2003, 09:05 PM
Wow! Thanks Phil. Also an up for anyone else who has any ideas. I will be calling them on Monday more than likely.

slushee
07-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Yah, I have an AA Raptor (pretty much the rex). That hole has never leaked on me once! They do have a no questions asked Lifetime Warrenty (at least that's my experience, even if it does say 'limited' lifetime warrnety ;) )

PLUS they will be able to tell you for sure what the problem is over the telephone.

A+ for the guy's over at Air America.

Only problem now is getting the tank back w/o any brokerage or duty fees for warrenty repair to canada.
:rolleyes: (long story)