PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT!: proposal to BAN Paintball sales to minors in NJ

GatoLoco
07-19-2003, 06:17 PM
http://nj.com/news/times/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1058601983145811.xml

NJPaint
07-19-2003, 06:39 PM
Kevin Smith is my friend... He used to work at a paintball shop....

FreakBaller12
07-19-2003, 06:51 PM
how is paintball ever going to shake this bad image it has:( :(

jungleguy
07-19-2003, 07:17 PM
to some extent, id have to agree with the proposal.

it would decrease the drive-by's.
which is really mostly what gives paintball a bad rap.

i feel bad for the kids who really want to play but cant, coz theyre not tall enough to ride.

what will they do with the young guns who already
bought the markers? will they still be allowed to play?

man...

FreakBaller12
07-19-2003, 08:28 PM
hey hey hey!
i am a yougn gun 14 and i just got my emag if paintball got banned i woudl crawl up in a corner and cry
i dont have the funds to go to depot or somehwere when i want to play

SIGSays
07-19-2003, 08:45 PM
how would it reduce drive buys idiot? i bet most people that do it are over 18 anyway... and cars???

Farlow
07-19-2003, 09:33 PM
Lets see kids drive by and smash mailboxes with baseball bats, lets outlaw them from playing baseball until the 18. Typical answer from politics. No personal accountability or parents watching their kids. A few people doing something wrong and every one pays for it. Now they want to know why the malls are packed every weekend with kids running around. If they keep stopping them from doing stuff that is what happens. This opinion coming from a 33 year old who has played outlaw paintball since he was 15.

Dark Cloud
07-19-2003, 09:45 PM
A lot of these kids who are shooting neighbors houses, pets, streetsigns, etc and the ones who arent as serious about the sport. They think its okay if they go around shooting other peoples' property. When infact, they are giving people more and more reasons to ban paintball for example.

Safety comes first in paintball. I've heard that said several times at local fields. All of these accidents happen when someone does something foolish or just out right stupid. If everyone was more responsible and careful, we wouldn't have as many problems like this.

Farlow
07-19-2003, 09:46 PM
Lets see kids drive by and smash mailboxes with baseball bats, lets outlaw them from playing baseball until the 18. Typical answer from politics. No personal accountability or parents watching their kids. A few people doing something wrong and every one pays for it. Now they want to know why the malls are packed every weekend with kids running around. If they keep stopping them from doing stuff that is what happens. This opinion coming from a 33 year old who has played outlaw paintball since he was 15.

i_baked_cookies
07-19-2003, 09:50 PM
well this sucks... if congress passes her bill (which would outlaw the sales of pb guns to minors and would almost completely eliminate private woods play), then paintball would take a big hit.

space_weazel_45
07-19-2003, 10:16 PM
i propose a non afiliated ninja squad who finds the sorts of people who go out looking to be destructive with PB equipment and makes them "DISAPPEAR" *wink*wink* *nod*nod*

hehehehehehehehehehhehehehee mwahahahahhaha....okimdone!

Athius
07-19-2003, 10:30 PM
Well in my opinion the thing that many people "hate" or are against paintball is because well it supposedly "encorage kids to violence" and well another thing is that it trains u for combat even though fightin with markers and with firearms are 2 diferent things. And well politicians are always with that cr@p about cleanin the streets of violence and blah blah blah.

But anyway if people think paintball should be banned because encourage kids to violence or use weapons well then thay have to ban martial arts, boxing, fencing or any kind of sports that has to do with weapons and fightin.

Like George Carlin says "United States has a strange culture they ban toy guns and they are keepin the real ones!"

mjs1217
07-19-2003, 10:47 PM
wait, this is the same kevin smith who directed and costarred in every single jay and silent bob movie with the exception of dogma? is he okay??

GatoLoco
07-19-2003, 11:21 PM
I especially love how our senator referred to them as "weapons":mad:

Benfica4ever
07-19-2003, 11:42 PM
I hate this peopele who just judge the sport just because they are paintball GUNS. They know nothin about it, they just think that we are all littke imature people who go around shooting peoples property.t They probably just think we dont wear masks or anything.

Damn strereotypes

Ov3rmind
07-19-2003, 11:59 PM
Personally, I'd be cool with the no outlaw ball. Although I wonder, could parents buy paintball guns for their kids (and the kids would pay them back)? It doesn't say kids aren't allowed to play, just that they can't buy paintball guns.

wobbles82
07-20-2003, 01:28 AM
Ok first and foremost on this topic...I am just glad that the owner of OTS said that, it made an incredible amount of sense. Although, paintball being a young sport though has to break in squeaky clean. I myself once shot an abandoned building (yes it was abandoned completely) with nobody around to hurt or anything and was arrested because I was "a juvenile deliquent" who was trying to harm people. When the police contacted the former owner of the building he said he didnt care, so I was allowed to leave. I really feel stupid for doing it, it was only a few shots to make sure the oil was running right, but I felt like I let myself down. Ever since then things like this just make me really mad, I mean why cant people realize whats what in the world? Is Kevin Smith the one who might lose his eye? He is from North Jersey himself and it would really suck to have that happen, because thats less support for the paintball world. Paintball is getting too popular to miss the media, so everything people do will be noticed. Why dont we stop selling eggs to minors? Dont they actually STAIN things if used improperly? And as for the bats why dont we outlaw them to minors? The reason that we dont is becuase both have broken into our culture, and paintball is still doing so. But I believe this bill will not do anything, and is really just a political stunt. Im sorry to Kevin Smith and feel incredibly angry at peoples stupidity but banning sales to minors will do nothing but give paintball a bad outlook. :)

Catch22
07-20-2003, 01:41 AM
I live in florida and I'm not allowed to buy paint wether it be paintballs or spray paint from home depot. Because they think kids are going to get high off of spray paint they ban the sales of "paint" in general, to minors. That's gay. If you guys really want to do something then lets get on online petition going.

stondroopy
07-20-2003, 05:30 AM
the law is to stop the sale to minors,but the crime was done by 4 men in there late teens to early twenties.i remember when i was 13 and wanted a bb gun,i couldnt buy one but i could by a sling shot?heh funny the way laws work.:rolleyes:

cphilip
07-20-2003, 12:38 PM
I agree with restricting the sale to minors.

I agree with restricting play on Public Property. However I believe there should be a Permit process that would allow it in apropriate places after carefull review.

I do not agree with restricting play on ALL private property. This smacks of a restiction that is too broad. I can see instances where private property would not be large enough to play on and should not be played on but I certainly know there are tracts of land large enough to do it and the owner should be allowed to do as he wishes. And he would of course be liable if he allowed it and did not take proper precautions for safety and minimizing the effect it had on adjoining property owners. I believe those laws already exist to assure that. I see no need to complicate that. At the very most it may could be restricted and a simple permitting process employed that is not too expensive or even free.