PDA

View Full Version : Using a P/F boomy on a C/F mag?

striker
07-19-2003, 06:50 PM
Okay, so I just bought a Dye Boomstick for my C/F RTP. I asked the guy before he shipped it if it would work for a C/F mag, and he assured me it would. It shows up yesterday, and low an behold, it doesn't fit for a C/F. I can, however, use it, because the twist lock travels past the C/F part, and I could just leave the barrel there and play. What I mean is, if I had a H/L body, the barrel would work fine, but to get the barrel to lock into the hopper left position, it travels *past* the centerfeed position. I could simply leave the barrel at the centerfeed position and play, right? But I'm wondering if it will get loose during play or something else for more drastic that I'm not aware of. Thanks for your help!

Warewolf50
07-19-2003, 07:28 PM
I did that for about a year when i had a centerfeed e-mag and a powerfeed freak. It works fine jsut make shure that the barrel lines up exactly with the centerfeed, cause if it is a little off the ball wont feed all the way, and u will get some nasty chops. But overall i didnt have many probs doing this for however long i did it for.

fire1811
07-19-2003, 07:32 PM
you can also put and oring on the barrel to hold it tighter OR

take your body off and line up the hole in the centerfeed
now turn it over and mark where it is in the grove though the pin hole. remove the barrel and drill a SMALL hole where you marked take your time and drill slowly
try it as you go
this will make a place for the pin to fit and then you wont have to worry about it moving.
any question let me know