PDA

View Full Version : gun metal grey special edit. timmy

sereignity_31
07-20-2003, 12:37 AM
im looking for info on a timmy that has some special internals, that apparently increase the velocity as you rapid fire the marker. if anyone can help me out with the info on this i would really appreciate it. im part of a shop in my home town, and a customer tried some marker off a tourney player, and was amazed by the way it worked. needless jto say im really intrested in this as well, so any info would really be appreciated. thanks guys and gals, this forum has never failed me, and i know you guys have conections :D

JKW
07-20-2003, 09:11 AM
I think what you are referring to is the rumored Equalizer board with ramping dwell. Ramping dwell was considered as a way to reduce "shoot down" at high rates of fire by upping the dwell as the ROF went up. There have been cries and accusations of "cheater boards" that wildly increase velocity by ramping the dwell. All claims of this are bogus (as far as the Intimidator goes) and can be proven wrong. While increasing the dwell will boost velocity, it does not yield the huge jumps claimed by others. At the max dwell setting of 25ms, it is usually only 10 or 12 FPS depending on barrel length. With more modest dwell increases, it is much less. At 25ms dwell an Intimidator sounds horrible, EATS air and cycles like molasses has been poured in it.
I am not sure to what degree ramping dwell was ever implemented, but I do know that it is not an effective way to cheat the velocity limits.
Some guns do simply shoot a little better than others. I have talked with Terry Fong at length about this phenomenon, and he says they feel it is a total parts synergy thing. They have taken parts from one particularly good shooting gun and put them on another, to try to narrow down, and pinpoint which parts were making the difference. They ended up scratching their heads. Maybe the Timmy your customer shot was one of those, or maybe it was just well tuned.
The Oakland Assassins team guns for instance, are just well maintained, well tuned Intimidators. The guys that choose to work on their own guns, have the benefit of a familiarity that comes from their close association with Bob, and those that don't do their own work have the best techs available to them. I know that other than a very special trigger;)there are no magic parts involved.
Hope this helps!
http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/16119/p/378840_8876663756812519452_vl.jpg