PDA

View Full Version : We got our arses whooped at the tourny

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Allright, well, our first tourniment...we got killed. We only won 1 out of about 8 games. During which all of those, my Xmag wouldn't fire. I couldn't figure out what is wrong, I was shooting silver/black cased paint. ACE was off, but my gun would not fire. Like it didnt have enough pressure, even though my output was 800 and I had a full tank (68/4500 flatline) When I take off the breech it fires normally, but with the breech in it wont fire at all.

Ok, so...
Game 1 -
We go up against some team that drove from Austin (they are actually a pretty good team) My 2 teammates get shot out, I'm the last one left, all 3 of their guys are rushing me, wide open. I try to shoot them, nothing comes out of my gun. I could have one this game for my team if my gun had worked.

Game 2 -
We win this one, and its the only one we win. Between the 2 games I switch LX springs, thinking it may ne a softer spring. Still doesnt work, our team is called. I just decide to go no gun. I get the flag, my teamate gets the last to guys out, we win. I'm thinking, ok 2 games, c'mon we're still in this, as long as my gun gets fixed.

Game 3-
We're up against Handsom Boys. My friends team. They have been playing for a while, they played in Mardi Gras, and they even beat Naughty Dogs. They are really good. So we know we have no chance, I thought I had my gun fixed. It didn't work. I got bunkers by Devin. (captin of that team)

Game 4-
Ok so we keep saying to ourselves, 'if we win the rest we have a shot at semi finals' My gun still doesn't work, my friend off Handsom Boys lends me his back up LED. I can't play with this gun if my life depended on it. I still give it a shot. We get whooped here, probably a 25-30 second game. My teammates Bushy starts acting up. And he loses his gun.

Game 5-8
We just lost spirit and got owned. :(

LittlePaintballBoy
07-20-2003, 02:08 PM
yeah, in our first tourney we got whooped bad, we didnt win a single game, but it was hecka fun and we learned new stuff and won a case of paint still for the sportsmanship award. so its ok.

07-20-2003, 02:10 PM
Its only your first tourny you will get better. You might wanna get a back up gun that helps :)

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-20-2003, 02:11 PM
Ya :( I spent all the doe on the xmag. Figured I wouldnt need a backup.

Rmarks
07-20-2003, 02:15 PM
Didn't you test out the gun before heading to the tourney?

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-20-2003, 02:17 PM
Yes, I shot a whole case, it worked like a dream. I have absolutly no clue why this happened.

dcmander
07-20-2003, 02:31 PM
I'm someone reading your thread in the tech forum on your X..

Was the reason it didn't work for you was because of the trigger adjustment? THe magnet was too close to the HES, so it did'nt fire?

If this is true, couldn't you have just switched to manual mode and played just fine? That's the whole point of the E/Xmag...Isn't it?

And I have to ask...Although it may be rude...DId anyone make fun of you when your $1000+ marker didn't work? :D Don't worry about it, it happened to me. I had my Sonic bushy (990$) and it wasn't working cause I had 600psi into it instead of 800psi.... It happens to the best of us..Although it is almost ALWAYS user error. :D

cris8762
07-20-2003, 02:35 PM
if it's your first tourney then try not to take it so bad

i remember my first tourney, middle of january, freezing cold, whole team using co2! we had like 3 hot gun penalties

ended the day with 14 points after winning 2 of 6 games

it was fun, and now we're placing in the top 5 in most tourney and making semis and sometimes finals

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-20-2003, 02:35 PM
Wouldnt fire in manual hybrid or e.

Yeah I fixed the trigger magnet thing last night.

penguinpunk555
07-20-2003, 02:42 PM
its the mag gods u probly said somthing bad like i did my first tourney for example i said a e blade cocker was nice mag gods punished me with my trigger frame fell off

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-20-2003, 02:43 PM
hhhhmmmmm...I did say that a eblade cocker was sweet, and wondered why it was a 10 year old using it.

Grasshopper
07-20-2003, 02:46 PM
At least you can say you won a game with no gun :)

cphilip
07-20-2003, 02:54 PM
Sorry to hear about your marker trouble

Three questions:

Did you ever figure out what it was?

Did you ever run it over to the AGD booth and have the guys look into it?

Did you have fun anyway?

Rmarks
07-20-2003, 03:08 PM
Phil, I think he played a local tourney not IAO

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-20-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

Three questions:

Did you ever figure out what it was?

Did you ever run it over to the AGD booth and have the guys look into it?

Did you have fun anyway?

Nope. :(

It was only a small local 3-man :( no AGD booth.

Sorta. I would have been 10x better even if we lost, if I had a gun. I played all the games except 1 with no gun.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-20-2003, 03:22 PM
OMFG!@

I just shot 500 rounds. NOT ONE SCREW UP. It worked perfectly. Earlier today it wouldnt even shoot. I didn't touch it. I wrapped it in my jersey, put it my case. 5 minutes ago, I pull it out, put a hopper on, fill it it worked. I tested the field paint we had to buy, and a bunch of diablo. both times it works perfectly.

tony3
07-20-2003, 03:28 PM
Dont worry dude, my first tourney I got owned, lets hope in my second we do decent, my goal is to make semis

dcmander
07-20-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by CoFFeY[NiTrO]
Wouldnt fire in manual hybrid or e.

Yeah I fixed the trigger magnet thing last night.

Why would the magnet effect manual mode? This kinda scares me! :eek: I thought that was the whole point of the Xmag/Emags...

omni
07-20-2003, 03:44 PM
Same deal with me this weekend.

I was going to use my friends GZ, but his Imp went down, so he needed it. So I gas up my e-mag chrono it fine, la la la. Mid game it goes down, I can hear the solinoid cycling, but it wont fire. So I stand up a bit more in my pill and I start calling out positions trying not to be useless. The whole time I'm doing this I'm walking my trigger at the ground, eventually it fires and I got back into the game.

I refused to go back into a game situation with it. After the huge wait for out next game I worked on it. The oring in the carrier was all nasty yellow, so I replaced it. Then it was working FINE, but I still didn't trust it. I let it sit for awile, tried firing it, wouldn't work again. Manual Mode seemed to work fine. Maybe it was my battery?

Strider
07-20-2003, 04:12 PM
The part that gets me with both of you is why Manual didn't work? Even when my electronics are futzing, M mode always worked...

Hey Omni, want to come out sometime and have a Emag Jam and get that bad boy fixed? I have two batteries and chargers right now so we could do testing that way...

Clockwork_Orange
07-20-2003, 04:18 PM
CoFFey,

Did you check inside to see if the elves were awake?:confused:

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-20-2003, 05:01 PM
OMG I KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!!!

I didn't cue my Elves to start working, by saying chuff chuff! :(

cphilip
07-20-2003, 05:14 PM
OK I was assuming he was at IAO.

You got a tech thread running on this? I have some suspicions I would be asking some questions to see if they pan out.

One comment that I have on what you report about your tourney experience. I notice you played your best game without marker. Try and relive that feeling with marker. Try and recreate the desperate, nothing to lose, wild abandon you mustered up for that game. Thats where you excelled and can use that "feeling" for the next time. Go all out!