PDA

View Full Version : need to know what to get....

automag223
07-20-2003, 07:01 PM
ok guys i need to know what to get....a cocker or a impy...

cocker wouldn't be stock or just random parts thrown on...would be something like a shocktech or cold fusion....

impy would be stock....maybe an I-frame but not much other stuff....

thanks ahead of the input...

FreakBaller12
07-20-2003, 07:28 PM
i'd say shoot em both but thta's wat they all say. I'd try a cocker if you are mechanically inclined and stuff but impulses are great guns for the money

Xero
07-20-2003, 07:51 PM
If you don't mind the weight a Shocker is phenominal. You can pick one up for around $350 new right now at paintballgear.com. I've got mine warped and hooked into the trigger pull (which I've wicked shortened) and it's wicked accurate. For another $300 or so Doc Nickel can install a glacier board with the eye so you don't chop any paint. Otherwise I'd go impy.

minnimag
07-20-2003, 08:46 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! since when have shocker been so cheap!!! i always remeber them being like 500 or 600 minimum, of course that is awhile ago

robertjuric
07-20-2003, 09:23 PM
since the introduction of the 2k3 shocker, prices seriously dropped.

cockersuk14
07-20-2003, 10:54 PM
alrite first off cockers suck u can all flame me but its the truth. I have lots of friends with them that just dont have good experiences, two of my friends have hooked cockers and their trading for impys. even if the cocker has alot of upgrades on it it still is a cocker and i have seen so many people at local fields come in with worked shockers eblades race frame and they still suck. I mean adding a solenoid to a cocker is just another part to break. alrite moving on to the impy idea. i own one, two of my friends have em, and two are buying impys. their just great guns, they compete wit angels, trixes, bushys and they do it well. however stock they are not wat u will expect. a stock impy has a long and disgusting trigger that is impossible to walk. however with the edition of a nd or eclipse blade u can really get the full potential out of an impy. their like 20 bux and it will really help. if u have a little more $$$ for upgrades get the impy ull love it. iplay mid/front and most other friends play back so u can really use it everywhere. their good guns and their made quality.

Ov3rmind
07-21-2003, 02:02 AM
Cocker's only suck if you are too dumb to take care of them. Mine can dump a lot of paint for a mechanical gun, is very efficient, has very smooth and low kick cocking action, is easy to work on, is very well balanced, pinches paint, is totally adjustable to your preferances, looks like the paintball equivalent of a Ferrari, and is uber consistant. What sucks about that?

Imps are just poor excuses for Angels, Vikings, and other high end electro ram-bolts. Sorry, but it's just the truth. I don't want to deal with SP quality, inferior eyes, and an all around poorly executed rip-off (Bushy predates it, not to mention the Bushy is noticeably smaller/lighter and comes stock with many things the Imp lacks). They can keep up, but everything it does there are several guns that do it better.

rehme
07-21-2003, 02:29 AM
instead of a impulse i would say get a bushy and get it vaporized sam does amazing work with bushmasters

automag223
07-22-2003, 05:10 PM
thanks everyone and up for the night

Torbo
07-22-2003, 07:40 PM
id go either bushy or cocker, depending on wether you like the mechanical deal. I dont know about you, but i am now defenitly boycotting smart parts. they can blow me.

bunkermaster10
07-23-2003, 05:37 AM
I would go with a hook up series shocktech cocker. They look so NICE and have great parts on them. I'm getting one this week :D.