PDA

View Full Version : advent

punkcmonkiez
07-20-2003, 08:24 PM
i just saw and shot the advent marker at the iao from off the break paintball. i have 1 thing to say and that is the thing is awsome it wieghs nothing but thats because of all delrin internals. this thing can rip its board has no cap so its as fast as you can go. it also has the otb frame which is soooo comfortable fast. the advent is crazy and id suggest takin a look at it http://www.offthebreak.com/

Doc Nickel
07-20-2003, 09:34 PM
Okay, here we go again.

Advertising it as having "no ROF cap" is pure marketing hype.

Naturally, what they mean is there's no self-imposed "cap" like the 13/bps limit which was supposed to be the industry standard a few years back.

But obviously, there must be some limit on the actual ROF. I mean, can it do a million firing cycles per second? No? Then how about 500,000 cycles per second? No? 100,000?

Firing a paintball takes time. Exarin's Morlock board could theoretically execute it's complete set of firing instructions over 25,000 times a second (and Curt noted the that balls would be breaking the sound barrier just in the loader neck in order to be fed that fast) but that naturally doesn't mean the gun can fire that fast.

If the Advent has a fairly quick cycle time (the period in which it goes from it's "at rest" position, to close, fire and return to at-rest) of, say, 25 milliseconds, it would have a "cap" of forty shots (or cycles) per second.

It may not be an "intentional" cap, a designed-in limitation, but it is a "cap" on the ROF.

Doc.

punkcmonkiez
07-20-2003, 09:47 PM
doc you are right and the gun can only shoot as fast as he loader feeds.... the advent is still a nice feeling gun from what ive experienced