PDA

View Full Version : Rainmaker help PLEASE!

-=Squid=-
07-20-2003, 09:33 PM
Well, I bought a rain maker as a backup to the angel, lol. $30. Hehe. Anyways, I have some problems. This is the old style one with the LONG shroud btw. Anyways, to the problem. The Solinoid doesnt have the 3 hose barbs to attatch the ram hoses. Where can I get those hose barbs? Would it be easy to get them at a hardware store? Does anybody have some for sale? Also, the three hoses, what order do they go in? There is one coming out of the bottom of the ram from the gun, one in the back of the ram, and one in the front of the ram. Also, how can I mount an LPR to the beast? Thanks for any help. Also, dont direct me to www.beog.com I trust AO more than them. ;)

Kevmaster
07-20-2003, 09:37 PM
um....

im gunna refrain from ragging on you for that BEOG comment.....

but go to www.beog.org and rainmaker.flipty.com

they are the two best sites out there for RMs. I own BEOG and help with RMOG. We WILL BE able to fix ANY problem of yours. I just took Thordic's RM and two others home from IAO to work on

RMOG will get your gun working

-=Squid=-
07-20-2003, 09:50 PM
Hey, I appreciate it a lot...however, the burning question I have is where I can get those fittings, and how the crap on the front is supposed to be configured. Im looking around BEOG now.

redlaser666
07-20-2003, 09:56 PM
Sorry to interupt, where could i find one of those solenoids that take barbs instead of manifolds? I need one for a project gun.

-=Squid=-
07-20-2003, 10:02 PM
Actually, im not sure what kinda hose fittings I need, it might not be barbs. :confused:

-=Squid=-
07-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Hey kevmaster, or anyone else who knows, is this what I need as far as the front end air fittings?
http://www.dropzonepaintball.com/dropzone/product.asp?s%5Fid=0&dept%5Fid=701&pf%5Fid=KFGCCMMEKIKDJAAO

Quickling
07-20-2003, 10:26 PM
those are high flow hose fittings.. the normal fittings take cocker 3way hose, those ones in the link take 3/16" hose if I remember... basicly I am too lazy right now to move the 20 feet to my RM. Sorry but I just worked 7 hours on my feet and want a break :)

If it is the stock plastic fittings on the ram you are looking for I have a bunch that you could have... just let me know.

-=Squid=-
07-21-2003, 11:02 AM
up

titan aresta
07-21-2003, 11:14 AM
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/CATALOG/fittings.htm

scroll down, you'll need the rock barbs. 3 for the 'noid and 1 for the LPR. If you want to replace the fittings on the ram, i would recomend getting a pair of QEVs (quick exust valves) from the same site.

Spartan X
07-21-2003, 12:49 PM
Thoses other 2 rainmakers are mine, right kev???

chizle97
07-21-2003, 01:36 PM
You guys shoul check out the rainmaker owners group.

-=Squid=-
07-21-2003, 02:15 PM
Also, can I mount an LPR to the hole at the very back of the gun, I believe on the front of the reg?

Kevmaster
07-21-2003, 08:24 PM
now that I am home and have more than 30 secs to answer:

"The Solinoid doesnt have the 3 hose barbs to attatch the ram hoses. Where can I get those hose barbs?"
-- you can get plastic ones, which are stock and work fine, from www.Dropzonepaintball.com (they are 10-32 thread NOT stock cocker size) or you can get metal ones from some of the guys on the BEOG forum--just ask for them. the stock hose is 1/16" hose or cocker hose. some guys (including myself) use high flow hose, which has more volume and is is 1/8".

"Also, the three hoses, what order do they go in?"
-- there is a hose from the LPR to the input of the mac. there is a hose from the front of the ram (bolt end) to the "A" on the mac and there is a hose from the back of the ram (barrel end) on the "B" of the mac. the EA and EB are exhaust ports and should not be filled.

"lso, how can I mount an LPR to the beast?"
--you can plug the stock LPR with a 10-32 set screw

"Sorry to interupt, where could i find one of those solenoids that take barbs instead of manifolds?"
-- www.dropzonepaintball.com sells them for around $70

"Thoses other 2 rainmakers are mine, right kev???"
yes they are

"You guys shoul check out the rainmaker owners group."
yes you should: http://rainmaker.flipty.com

"Also, can I mount an LPR to the hole at the very back of the gun, I believe on the front of the reg?"
yes you can. get a mac mount and a mag vert asa and mount it in the front. or mount it in the back...whereever you want. anywhere you can put a 1/8" NPT fitting, put that in

now...i am going to give you that ragging you need:
BEOG.org and its members is amazing for tech info/help/mods. We get tons of newbies who need help with various markers. There are intelligent moderators there, and the members are just as good. I know 100% of the info i post is correct and 95% of the info my membres post is accurate. we pride ourselves on being good paintball players and having correct on time information. come over to BEOG, talk with the guys, read our tech pages. you'll see a lotta info there....

-=Squid=-
07-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Thanks a lot !!! However, one thing you said was incorrect. I ended up being able to use stock cocker (LPR/ram) hose barbs. I only have one, so im not using them sadly, but thankfully quickling sent me some plastic ones! Thanks!

ScottQ
07-21-2003, 11:14 PM
wait, you actually used a cocker hose barb? How? The threads on all of the RM LP fittings are 10-32, while the cockers threading is 8-32.

titan aresta
07-21-2003, 11:20 PM
depending on parts, cockers have two different size nipples. there's the 8-32 which are the ones that are used on the 4ways and then there are 10-32 which are used on some (if not all) rams and LPRs.
you can buy both sizes from palmers.

redlaser666
07-22-2003, 01:42 AM
Actually the stock brass 4way on a cocker takes 6-40 brass hose barbs (i've had to retap several because of broken barbs).
Many aftermarker rams use the 10-32 barbs (Kapp fat ram is one i had that did).

Thanks for the answers Kev.

RTGuy86
07-22-2003, 01:51 AM
talk to Doc Nickel. he will be of most help to you. he has a very nice rainmaker in his gallery.

Kevmaster
07-22-2003, 10:55 AM
yeh...barbs on a stock cocker 4-way and ram are NOT 10-32. barbs on a Palmer Rock reg ARE 10-32

I dont know off hand every individual size, just get some plastic ones or a set of high flow fittings

Prairie
07-24-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by RTGuy86
talk to Doc Nickel. he will be of most help to you. he has a very nice rainmaker in his gallery.

sigh.

http://rainmaker.flipty.com

-=Squid=-
07-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Ok, I got it all settled, but have encountered a much larger problem. I get it all configured right, gas it up, litle leak, no biggie wanna see if it works. Doesnt work. I fix that so now it actually cycles, but not NEAR enough air is getting into it. I have adjusted the velocity, thats NOT it...now another problem, on the solenoid it is now leaking out the bottom left hole, the side with only one hose, and I dont see why air would go through there. So please help me with:

1) Tell me how to get more air into the gun, or whatever.
2) How do I fix the leak described above.

Kevmaster
07-24-2003, 12:19 PM
1) remove the crappy filter that is in the main reg. Unscrew the air fitting and there may be a air filter behind it. If so, remove it...its crap. If that doesnt do it, come back

2) the Mac vents when the LPR is too high (approx 130psi). Thats whats happening most likely (although your mac could have blown). TO fix it, take apart the LPR assy and you'll see a brass piston with a white end. remove the white end and flip it over and reinstall. Also, make sure there is a white washer in the end of the reg assy. All parts need to be there (white washer, two orings on brass piston, piston, spring, white seal)

-=Squid=-
07-24-2003, 01:16 PM
Thanks a lot! I saved that post and willt try that when I get back from vaction. I hope I didnt mess anything up, sounds like you really know your stuff. BTW, I went ahead and gave it to my dad, and he was all like, WOW! Thanks! lol, I woke up this morning and I heard the little noid clicking, and I go into my parents room and he was pretending to shoot it out the windown :p