PDA

View Full Version : Warped? Get rid of those hopper batteries!

Xero
07-21-2003, 12:40 AM
If you run AGDs Warp Feed with a revvy or re-loader (not sure if this will work with other electric hoppers) you can run your setup w/o hopper batteries. This is a siple process with a few basic tools and some soldering skills.

Step 1: Remove all the electronics from your hopper leaving a motor assembly w/ agitator.

Step 2: Solder 2 wires to the hopper motor leads on one end and to a 5/32 2 conducter male plug on the other (the same size plug that goes into the warp to accuate it with your marker).

Step 3: Mount a 5/32 female plug in your warp body (I found room in the battery compartment) and solder 2 wire leads onto it.

Step 4: Run the leads from the plug you just put in the warp up to the warp motor and solder them piggy back style onto your warp motor along with the leads that are there.

Step 5: Put everything back together, plug in the hopper to the female plug you installed in the warp, and let 'er RIP!

How it works:

Every time your marker acctuates your warp feed the board in the warp sends a voltage pulse to the warp motor causing it to spin. By hooking up your hopper in this way it uses the same voltage pulse to run its motor and no longer needs on-board batteries.

Mine works great so have at it. Oh yea, if you mod your hopper and it's spinning the wrong dirrection you just need to switch the leads soldered to your hopper motor leads to get it to spin in the opposite dirrection.

sniper1rfa
07-21-2003, 02:02 PM
if you want to use the existing wires in the hopper, they are the outside two wires from the connector going from the servo motor to the board. I have done this before.