PDA

View Full Version : color scheme

minnimag
07-21-2003, 12:47 AM
anyone have a a good idea for a chrome/black color scheme. like what to get in each color? so far i have a chrome intelli frame, the flatline's dropfoward is black, a stock black rail, a stock minimag body, and a black AA berral.

edit: oh yah and a black ASA and a black gasthru foregrip

robertjuric
07-21-2003, 12:57 AM
sounds good to me, when doing something like that, I think its best to make it so no same color touches, which you did. but thats just my .02

Cryer
07-21-2003, 01:11 AM
get a black ULE body, X-valve, and a nice barrel kit with Stainless Steel back(s) and black front(s). Keep the black Stickies on the Intelliframe, keep the black drop, and get a black Dye Tank cover.

It will look pimptastic!;)

FreakBaller12
07-21-2003, 06:46 AM
or you can do everythign black with just a hint of chrome to make the whoel gun stand out

Dryden
07-21-2003, 08:42 AM
Is the stock MiniMag body the beadblast gray? If you're looking to replace that and save some money, you could just polish the existing finish off. There are plenty of threads about how to do this already (or ask Cryer or me).

I polished mine - going for the same chrome/black look.

http://www.bininger.com/Mag_1.jpg

minnimag
07-21-2003, 09:57 AM
yours came out really nice dryden. i may do that. well i bought the intelli from pputkowski here on AO and i only had 85 from the 100 he was asking (brand new in packaging) so i bought it without the grips and im just going to take my clear DYE stickies off my spyder for awhile... in the future im going to have to get another set of grips.. so you think i should get balck ones? or keep the clear?

so far my plan is

polish the minimag body (if easy enough)
get a black ule body
black rail
chrome frame
grips (clear/black?)
(black/chrome?) gasthru
black drop

Dryden
07-21-2003, 10:11 AM
Polishing only takes about 1-1/2 to 2 hours to do and you'll only need to spend about $15 on the sandpaper and polish.

My feeling when I did mine was, who cares if I screw it up, I was going to get it powder coated or replaced anyway, so it was worth a shot ... and it turned out very nice - saved myself $100.

Use the forum search and look for some of the other threads (there's plenty). Doc Nickel had a very good tutorial on how to do it. However, since I didn't have the hardware to "finish," as per Doc's instructions, I went further with one sheet of 2000 grit paper and polished with 3M 1500-grit scratch remover (you'll have to go to an AutoZone or Pep Boys to get these).

punkcmonkiez
07-21-2003, 12:42 PM
im rockin the crome/black sceme and i think its hott. i have a black ule with black stock minimag rail black shocktech drop a crome intelli crome forgrip crome crome cp crome asa its sweet {this is a really bad pic}

minnimag
07-21-2003, 09:33 PM
lookin good. i think im goin to go for whatever is easier at the time and switch as i go along, right now that would be to polish the body, keep my black berral, chrom intelli w/ clear stickies, black asa and gas thru, black drop and black loader.

f3rr3+
07-21-2003, 10:07 PM
i dont have the wallets of you guys so ive got that cool gray thing going on :P

xrancid_milkx
07-22-2003, 01:35 AM
Heres mine, it can give you an idea on what more chrome than black might look like. Thats how I like it at least, the shinier the better :D

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=911496