PDA

View Full Version : Team Tryouts Tell Me What I Can Do!!!!please Help

blueangelboy
07-21-2003, 12:57 AM
hey,
hey im comin off not havin my own gun for a few weeks and i only played like twice in those few weeks with other peoples guns. i am getting my gun and its almost here. one of my local teams that i want to be on is going to have tryouts for me, i dont know when prolly just when i want to and they can. but anyways, i needa know some things i can do to train or prepare for the tryouts. i love paintball and really wanna make the team so i will get better and hopefully go further in paintball. im allready going to train with one of the players on the team until the tryouts but that training might not be very much i dunno. he is going to try to teach me everything he knows. but i wanted to get some tips from everyone out here. please help me out. thanks.
-Cameron

oneshot
07-21-2003, 03:43 AM
-shoot with both hands is a plus.
-work your bunker
-play every position

lack of grace
07-21-2003, 10:02 AM
Dont walk into it nervous....the worse they could say is "No, your not what we are looking for."

When trying out...be aggresive....Not enough to piss one of them off just enough to pass as slightly crazy. But smart too. Move when you can if your position requires you to

blueangelboy
07-21-2003, 10:48 AM
when do i use both hands for shooting? im always supposed to have the gun come out of the bunker on the way im going right? so if im poking out to the left the the gun should be on the left, vice versa with the right but what about the top? most dominant hand for that one? yeah i'll prolly know when to use my left hand to shoot.dam* its hard though. i gotta work on it. what else can i do?thanks so far.cya

EsPo
07-21-2003, 11:01 AM
my field owners team is 2nd in some tournament bracket (not sure which one)and he always gives me tips.. the one he gives me everytime i go there is something like this...

when you are about to snap shoot (or shoot anywhere for that matter) tilt your gun across your face so the hopper is to the left of your mask (if shooting out the right side), and your barrel is still sticking out in front of you. This way, your hopper wont be exposed, but just part of your mask and other small parts.

another he always says is..

run with your gun cradled in your arms, and ALWAYS keep your knees bent when doing so. This way the gun wont bob up and down...

bsolomon
07-21-2003, 11:08 AM
Always remember that there are plenty of things other than shooting that need to be done during a game. One of the most important is communication - find the opponents and let your team know where they are, figure out who is the biggest problem and how you are going to solve it, and then get your buddies to eliminate him, possibly without ever firing a shot!

During tryouts, I'll usually pick the players that show me the ability to communicate (i.e., the big mouths). As a captain and coach, I can usually teach any player the necessary physical skills, but for some reason, loud players tend to stay loud, and unfortunately quiet players tend to stay quiet. It is very difficult to teach a player to communicate if that is not in their nature. For these reasons, even if the player is great on the trigger, and can move well, I'll usually pass on a quiet, non-communicative player.