PDA

View Full Version : Damage Inc. Takes 3rd Place at CPSA Event 4

damageinc54
07-21-2003, 02:04 AM
July 20th was the 4th event in the CPSA series. Through the heat and humidity Damage Inc. finished 3rd in the event. We had a decent run through the preliminary round and did well enough to finish 3rd in the finals. This is the third event in a row that Damage Inc has made a finals appearance including a 1st place finish at the last CPSA event. I am also happy to report that both mine and DJ Gruv's ULE Emags worked flawless again. No breaks and no chops through a combined 2 1/2 cases of paint. The paint was very poor quality and with the high humidity I am impressed that we did not break any paint. Here is a team pic from the event. Damage Inc is (from left to right) Bryant Williams, Eric Hany, Thad McCoy, Morgan Saliny, Jonahtan Edwards, and Tim Griffin.

SkeL
07-21-2003, 02:39 AM
Nice job guys.

Wish we did that well :(

oneshot
07-21-2003, 03:41 AM
congrats on the finish

Azemoth
07-21-2003, 09:25 AM
Grats guys, great to see that at least one of our teams is doing damn good....just give US some time and you'll have to worry about us in the finals :)

Jared Sampson
Capt. Damage Inc: Havoc

P.S. That reffing sucked.

Spaceman613
07-21-2003, 09:34 AM
I agree, a bogus flag pull call placed us 5th, With the flag pull we would have been 2nd I think.

No point in complaining, but if we didnt get the pull, why was my player holding it "statue of liberty" style after he was shot out.

And Why the heck do they have a flag station in the middle of a bunch of bunkers so you CANT see the pull clearly.

I will say that all o fthe teams we played were stand up guy. Damage Inc was a good bunch as were most of Nov 1. Only one team looked to be less than sportsmanlike. I wont name names, but there was some considerable playing on.

btw, Im James From Orbital. 5th place. Lil dispointed becuase of the circumstanses, but its done. On to... wherever the next one is at.

CoolGSak
07-21-2003, 02:45 PM
I will also agree that the ref'ing at this event was far less than perfect. This was especially true on the blue barrel field where we played our prelim games. There was a certain situation I personally was involved in that I am quite angry about how the refs handled, but I wont dwell on it.
On a positive note, the ref in the bright yellow jersey near the end did an excellent job! I think he was the only ref all day who actively ran around checking players...

OutRage86
07-21-2003, 06:42 PM
Just out of curiosity how did Team Oblivious do? any one know...

tony3
07-21-2003, 11:28 PM
Ouch, it was nice and hot yesterday, I sure wouldn't have wanted to play a tourney, wait yes i would of :). where was this one?

damageinc54
07-22-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by OutRage86
Just out of curiosity how did Team Oblivious do? any one know...

We beat Oblivious in our last preliminary round game. They scored 85 points out of a possible 200 for the preliminary round.

truss
07-22-2003, 02:05 PM
CoolGSak
i see you played for team whitewater?kinda off subject but i miss that place.what a great place to party.

OutRage86
07-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Nice job damage... Oblivious sucks haha nah im on that team, but not sure i want to stay on it. I didnt play in this tournament, because i didnt feel like it. But again congrats...

damageinc54
07-23-2003, 12:55 PM
CPSA standings have been updated. Damage Inc moved up from third place to second place in the overall standings. First place is only a few points ahead of us with four tournaments left.