PDA

View Full Version : I just spent a while messing around with a gun design. It's unique not oringonal

Catch22
07-21-2003, 02:18 AM
Any ways if you happen to click into my post then you are interested in what I'm talking about. Unique and not oringonal? How can that be Well look for yourself. I thought I was makign something really cool and new. Then I realized that it was just a backwards inverted spyder. It has a blowback valve and I really don't have any idea how you would get the pressure to the back of the gun. I suppose you could just use Co2 only because I don't think an 800psi blowback is a good idea.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/291535/InvertedBlowbackdesignjpeg.JPG

I would LOVE some input on this. I don't think this would work with gravity fed hoppers because the breech wouldn't be open for very long at all so you need like a warp or halo or egg to use it. Plus ALOT ALOT ALOT of blowback up the tube. Any comments are appreciated.

EDIT: I edited this 4 times to get it right.

tony3
07-21-2003, 05:02 PM
think of all the blowback shooting up the tube, im not quite getting your design......

Catch22
07-21-2003, 05:17 PM
I was just messing around last night. It wasn"t suppoed to work> its on of the reasons for having to be forcefed.

Impuls
07-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Well it certainly look cool enough Catch, but you need your sig from the wgp forums dude.

personman
07-21-2003, 08:12 PM
ahh I was just improving on the idea when I noticed..
Look, you have it setup so the bolt rests in the closed bolt. It cant fire closed bolt though, look, you pull the trgiger, hammer flys back, hits the valve, meanwhile the bolt is alligned with the valve.. it fires the paintball with the bolt in the open position

thats alot of blowback on the balls and basically the only force behind the ball is the air..

Catch22
07-24-2003, 01:46 AM
Yup. That's the design. A TRUE blowback!!

And Impulse. You actually think They'd let me put her on here? I dunno.

Catch22
07-24-2003, 03:29 AM
Okay how about this one. Not as much blowback.
There are a couple of things in the drawing that I want you to notice. Where the valve spring is there are some holes for air flow but they got blurred out. And the Valve itself would need to be a blowback valve with one hole on top like an autococker. Is that possible?
Another thing is that there is an exhaust valve for the air pushing the bolt back. It just got blurred away when uploading.

Another thing. If you were firing this gun it would have a big air connection moving back and forth out the back of the gun so you'd probably need a beavertail.

A gun like this would probably be a pain in the but to manufacture and even harder to assemble or disassemble. That valve itself would take a maufacturing miracle.

if i've forgotten anything let me know.http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/291535/Onetubeclosedboltkinda.JPG

Impuls
07-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Good point, these guys don't have Richie so I don't think so.

Thorpydo
07-26-2003, 02:07 AM
Im a little bit confused with the last 2 drawings, but I think I get the gist.

It seems to me like your almost working backwards. What I mean is, "I need a bolt, its got to move, cause thats what other paintball guns do" instead of "I need to chamber the ball. Hmm, I could use a bolt in the *closed* position to do this."

Look at your first drawing, now take out the bolt. It's not doing anything. See what I mean?

Nice work though, you've got to start somewhere!

aut911
07-28-2003, 11:09 PM
ok two things. one. on the first drawing it show that in the full open position the valve vents through the bolt. what you need to do is lengthen the power tube so that when the bolt is closed the valve can still vent. so in the closed position the marker fires.

on drawing two, it seem that you have made a simpler deisgn of a tippmann valve.

interesting designs, you just need to rethink some parts.

aut

personman
07-29-2003, 02:14 AM
Dude holy crap in your second drawing the whole gun is moving?
Do you know how much kick that would have?:eek:
I changed a few things (redid the gun)
A cross between a blowback and a mag. I bring you a blow forward open bolt wierdass gun!!! Heh atleast the air fitting doesnt go back in forth. I mean if you want something moving outside your gun, get a cocker ;)
Sorry I do springs really crappy.
This would be a wierd gun because instead of cocking it back to fire you would have to cock it forward?? :p

Catch22
08-05-2003, 01:27 AM
So basically what you did there is you put a blowback valve in an automag. I am seeing that my gun designs are actually stoopid now but at least i did something besides prevent cancer.

personman
08-05-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Catch22
So basically what you did there is you put a blowback valve in an automag.
Yeh thats basically it, It'd be combining a tippmann.. and an automag.. OMG THINK ABOUT HOW RELIABLE IT WOULD BE!! lol
Theres probally a reason its never been done before:rolleyes:

Impuls
08-05-2003, 10:44 AM
All it would need is a heavy pressed aluminum body!

aut911
08-05-2003, 03:03 PM
that valve is somewhat similar to armsons semi automatic gun in that it uses a cup seal instead of an onoff tofill the gun. so basically when the bolt is fully open the cup seal gets pushed by thebolt and it becomes open. i guess it works pretty good but i dont like it. extremely easy to make fully auto though. kinda like a spyder with the trigger action though.

aut

Blurry
08-05-2003, 10:50 PM
you could do a trap door like on the epic and it would work then if u dont know what im talking about go to

www.icepaintball.com

buckwheat05
08-09-2003, 05:30 PM
but keep trying 2 figure it out mabey u invented the next gun 2 be used at the world cup

Crimson_Turkey
08-09-2003, 10:30 PM
If you added a sliding plate to block the feed tube to the bolt that would eliminate the blow-back problem. This would also require a shortening of the bolt. You would also need a ball detent on both sides of the bal to prevent double feeding

paintballbeaver
08-20-2003, 01:35 PM
your basically trying to create a closed bolt spyder or delayed hammer blowback its been done its called the omen :) prinicipals are fairly simple nothing complicated

your major prob w/ a marker like this is tremendous blowback so much like spyders w/ electronic grips that the balls wont feed much like the omen had trouble w/ then they went to there "flicker feed" basically a ball drops and it forced into the chamber by to little rods and then the marker fires recocks and goes though the cylcle a gain

more or less you could gain the same thinng your going for by movin the valve forward and more and placing a a special or custom hammer in to fire the gun when its in the "near closed bolt or closed bolt position"

Brak
08-23-2003, 09:43 PM
hahaha, tippmann and and automag. the reliability is orgasmic!