PDA

View Full Version : The JT Axiom kind of scares me

nippinout
07-21-2003, 03:58 AM
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/iao/2003/tradeshow/DVC00538_jpg.shtml

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/iao/2003/tradeshow/DVC00538.jpg

That's the part of the lens that locks into the rest of the mask. It's a prototype, but those cracks really fudging scare me.

Gadget
07-21-2003, 04:13 AM
They don't look like cracks to me, just scratches on the plexi, shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Only thing about that mask that worries me is that it's so damn ugly.

Did the designers deliberately try and design something which would be a nightmare to clean? "Hmmm, I know, lets cover the whole thing with little nooks and crannies that will take a couple of hours to clean.......what's that? Smooth and easy to wipe clean? Nah, it'll never catch on. Oh and go buy me some more shares in Kleenex!"

;)

Temo Vryce
07-21-2003, 05:02 AM
I agree with Gadget on the fact that they look more like Scratches than Cracks.

silentdeath55
07-21-2003, 08:42 AM
The lense will be really easy to clean because of the lock/unlock system. The nooks and crannies should be able to be cleaned if you run it under a faucet or something.

shartley
07-21-2003, 09:11 AM
Yes, I think those are scratches as well. Overall however, I think that mask would look 100% better if it was Black, or some other color. Light Gray is not the best color for making most products look nice.

ogre55
07-21-2003, 09:48 AM
I, for one, am very much looking forward to the Axiom. I have been using JT masks axclusively since the Whipper Snapper, back in the day, and I have always likeed the protection they offer. Over those years I have seen only one lense failure, and since it was a thermal lense, the secondary lense, kept the users eyes safe.

Also, I have a big head and wear glasses, but the JTs have always kept me safe.

The only draw back has been the annoying snap on lenses, and the difficulty in changing/cleaning them. The axiom, for all it's "less than prettyness", looks to solve that problem. I know that no matter their appearance, one of the axioms is as good as purchased when it is released.

P.S.: those look like scratches.

Ogre

07-21-2003, 10:21 AM
I think I will stick with my new Flex. I think the Axiom is ugly and unless it offers some benefit over the flex. Which the prototype did not show I think I will stick with it. Of course this could all change and the Pros start using it. Then I would buy one in every color. Yeah I am a tool :rolleyes: Oh and those look like cracks. However this is probably the prototype and the lens wasnt even a real lens. It was just plastic. The funny thing is someone stole it. I hope the moron tries to use it.

Oh and for anyone who has trouble taking lenses off it easy. Pure brutal rippage. If you just pull on the thing violently it just pops out of each one. Being gentle with it takes forever.

dcmander
07-21-2003, 10:49 AM
You guys have a picture of the whole thing you could post please?

shartley
07-21-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by dcmander
You guys have a picture of the whole thing you could post please?
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/iao/2003/tradeshow/DVC00536.jpg

This is taken from Warpig.com... please support them by visiting the actual site and looking at all the tradeshow pictures... good stuff.

Albinonewt
07-21-2003, 11:24 AM
I like ugly stuff. Good ole' functional yet ugly, has been my motto from day one!

On a seperate note, I wore my Dye Invision for the first time of the weekend, and I don't think I care for it.

Torbo
07-21-2003, 02:11 PM
why coulnt they have just redisgned a flex or proteus to hold a new lens. I cannot deal with the looks of that mask

UltimatePaintballer
07-21-2003, 03:39 PM
that mask is soooo fugly i mean the lens thing kicks *** but the rest of the mask is stupid

Off Center
07-21-2003, 03:55 PM
If you want something easy to clean, pick up any V-force mask.

SpecialBlend2786
07-21-2003, 05:11 PM
The V-Force masks are great, i have one. only problem is the mask is hard and doesn't flex like some of the JT ones. The axiom doesn't look like it can flex either though.

JonDaAzn
07-21-2003, 06:29 PM
the morph has a flex bottom

Tron
07-21-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by SpecialBlend2786
The V-Force masks are great, i have one. only problem is the mask is hard and doesn't flex like some of the JT ones. The axiom doesn't look like it can flex either though.

Then get the morph.

-Tron