PDA

View Full Version : IAO thanks

oldsoldier
07-21-2003, 09:55 AM
I just wanted to start a thread, thanking all the folks that went to IAO and made it a memorable experience. For those of you that missed out on this, you missed an awesome time. It was nice to put faces to names, and see some people I havent seen in a long time. Anyway:
A special thanks to Tom, his techs, and the mods that went. We all had a great time. Also, a thanks to my fellow teammates-we accomplished what we wanted, and did it in style to boot! (Jeremy, thanks for the bubba). Thanks to all the folks we all went out with every night, the true spirit of IAO. Thanks to thor, for graciously allowing us the use of his room to party in almost every night. Thanks to Clare, for being a good sport, and calling Jeremy names (that will remain a funny memory for a LONG time). Thanks to all the guy in Black Cell, for both the memorable game (ok, pregame) and the fun all week.
And, to everyone who attended from AO, thanks to all of you for showing up. We were out there in force, and hope to be again next year. Thanks all for the great fun, great food (those wings arent THAT hot, just ask Mel ;), and great memories.
And a shout out to Pride, Kids, and Factory. Good job all, it was awesome meeting you guys, talking with you, and sharing drinks. Good luck to all of you.

robertjuric
07-21-2003, 10:40 AM
wish i coulda gone. oh well, looks like yall had fun.

Albinonewt
07-21-2003, 11:15 AM
I had a great time at IAO this weekend, even if I was only able to roll up on Friday. I got to meet everyone right away Friday night and then just had a blast from then on in. Thanx for a great weekend everyone.

SHIRT NINJAS

wyn1370
07-21-2003, 11:55 AM
I would like to thank everyone for doing carbombs.
Nothing better than having a dozen people doing a carbomb at once.
I would also like to thank the girl at the back bar of the sheraton for showing boobs.

Thordic
07-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by wyn1370
I would also like to thank the girl at the back bar of the sheraton for showing boobs.

Hooray for Tina who has nothing to do with paintball!!

Boo to the cockblock.. booo...

Creative Mayhem
07-21-2003, 12:28 PM
LOL! This week was a BLAST, there's not much else i can say. Thanks to everyone for carrying me INTO the bar, I don't know who you are, yet. :D A good time was had by all, hands down, no questions asked. The Blackcell vs AFTICA game was too funny even though we got spanked, props to Riot for hitting Puking BOB ;) Thanks to Clare for putting up with my antict while she was dealing with her Adoring fans :D and Havoc for hooking me up with the warp mod, it ran flawlessly. Thanks to Kayle for the warp shells, thank god we got the musical warp shells all settled. :p All the mods that were there, I see you either enjoyed my company, or just haven't gotten around to banning me yet ;) thanks for coming down it was great fun hearing some of the mod stories you guys have. God I love AO, all you guys make every event memorable.

Thanks

CM

.bolink
07-21-2003, 04:35 PM
Hey this is sorta off topic, but this is one of the members of Bohica B. (Im sure you remember that game :)). Anyways I just wanted to say that the guys on Aftica were some of the nicest people that I met the whole tournament. They were all around good sports and I was surprised that you didn't get a sportsmanship award. And just as a side story the guy on my team whom you all wanted to meet that did the tape run...when you all were following me from the chrony tent and I called his name he got scared cause he didnt know what you all wanted lol. Oh yeah and you got to love how someone can get beat by another team and then the first thing they say to you is nice mag! Its like an instantaneous bonding. In case you were wondering Creative, we came 6 points from winning our semi-final bracket and placing.

My thanks:

Tom- For my wonderful emag, and for me not breaking a single ball all weekend.

Person at AGD booth- When i asked when I could get my software upgraded to 1.37 he said "Do you have it with you?". I pulled it out of my bag and he did it right then and there, and to top it off he gave me a new on/off pin when he saw my ghetto pin that I manufactured.

Refs- What can I say...I personally thought the reffing was awesome.

The fill stations- Was that not the coolest thing ever?

Smart Parts girls- For providing the beautiful scenery.

My only gripes:

Paint- rediculously overpriced, for a 100 bucks a case I expect nothing short of the freshest paint. What i noticed was dimples in almost every bag. If they want to keep this tournament alive (There was a noticed absense of people) they need to lower the prices.

Chronographs- None of them seemed calibrated right. I went on four different chronys, with the same gun and never touched any ajustments. One read 280, one read 260ish, one read 295ish, and one read in the 270s.

Overall I had an AWESOME experience for my first tournament ever.

PsychoBaller
07-21-2003, 06:25 PM
"I shot you in the mouth... I shot you in the mouth !!"..... sorry Oldy..... muuhahahah

~baller

Kevmaster
07-21-2003, 08:16 PM
OS: Thanks for coming man. Great meeting you and everyone else. YOu're right...lotsa faces to names I know. Most of all, be safe down in Cuba and represent our country well

ntn4502
07-21-2003, 09:01 PM
thanks to everyone that made this event the greatest part of my summer, Aftica, AO, AGD, the refs, and anyone else Im forgeting

Dayspring
07-21-2003, 09:31 PM
I would also like to thank the AO people. I had SUCH a good time. I don't want to go to work EVER.

Thanks specifically-
Tom- thanks for renting space just for AOers to hang out.

AFTICA- you guys provided us with a great fun game to play.

Black Cell- for allowing us to entertain the crowd. (If you were there, you know why.)

PBX Mel- for being the best. CPL all the way! (Definitely getting earplugs next time.)

ICOM
07-21-2003, 10:22 PM
Sounds like you all had a fun time, Next year i will be there, just was too busy this year.

manike
07-22-2003, 05:33 AM
OK, I have to know...

what is a Carbomb?

I know what the other things are though... ;)

wyn1370
07-22-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by manike
what is a Carbomb?
half pint of guinness, drop a shot glass with half jameson half bailey's in and slam
very good

manike
07-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Sounds good to me! rack em up...

tremis
07-22-2003, 08:06 AM
I too have a couple of thanks. Specifically :
Tom, for the excellent Tech class and the ULE Trigger
Load, for sponsoring my ref shield with one of his excellent stickers.
ang Jon, for giving me the AGD/IAO banner before anybody had a chance to steal it.
I wasn't in the pic as I spent most of the week on field 4 (head ref). Next year, no reffing for me. I'm either playing or just hanging out the entire time.

Thanks again.

Tremis

Echez09
07-22-2003, 04:59 PM
I was lucky enough to come up and see the AGD booth, which was awesome and I was fortunate enough to get a poster from Claire and meet some of the AO'ers that were packing up sunday. Since im new, thanks for making my visit a memorable experience.

BradAGD
07-22-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by .bolink

Person at AGD booth- When i asked when I could get my software upgraded to 1.37 he said "Do you have it with you?". I pulled it out of my bag and he did it right then and there, and to top it off he gave me a new on/off pin when he saw my ghetto pin that I manufactured.

Think that was me, so you're welcome. Glad to help.

I'd like to thank the AGD crew for helping me out with the missed flight stuff and thank Army and Sarah for the couch to spend the night on. Way cool couch.

It was cool to finally put a name with a face and hang out with the gang...just don't touch my allen wrenches without asking.:D

One memorable thing I can remember is Army about shooting cole slaw out his nose when I recommeded the official Revolustion hair style...that was funny.

laters

ezrunner
07-23-2003, 11:06 AM
You guys left out EZRUNNER, you know he showed up for one day and hung out in the sheridan, that had to be worth something :)

-rob

Load SM5
07-23-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by ezrunner
You guys left out EZRUNNER, you know he showed up for one day and hung out in the sheridan, that had to be worth something :)

-rob

Yep, that was the hightlight of my event. :D

magman007
07-23-2003, 12:25 PM
Well, I would like to thank everyone For a great time. Some main ones are

Mayhem: Thanks for being the best canadian

NTN: thanks for just being......um.... wait you didnt do any thing! hahaha thanks for being cool

LOAD: Thanks for being scruffy and funny, and i will never forget, the Curb feeler!

KB: Thanks for providing comical relief to every situation, even if you didnt mean too some times!

Riot: THanks for being from new england, i had a lot of fun walking around with ya, and ofcourse, bothering mike from halo.

Ed: Thanks for the fun conversations, the trip to kinkos, and the countless car rides.

Thor: thanks for being a cool fun to be with person, and thanks for the transportation..... GET IN THE TUB!

Day: Thanks for playing along when we ragged on your periwinkle truck.... ;)

Blazingace... you are by far the funniest, biggest, and best person from NJ i know

Govnamac... THanks for having a wierd last name, that makes me think your in Weezer

Puking(freshman)Bob: Thanks for being the only Sane one....ANd for keeping me slightly sane

Psychoballer, thanks for the ride back to the field that night, i really appreciate that.

Miscue... thanks for coming, and i hope your butt feels better after sleepin on the toilet

Army, thanks for being army, Your a great Mod, and your not as powerfull as people say! nice head shot with the silly string BTW

Sarah, thanks for threatening to shank me 20 times over... that made me feel real safe you sure are ":cool:"

Blackvcg, thanks for the lvl 10 work, i really appreciate that

Rob, thanks for being ROB! hehehe it was cool to meet you again.

Brad, thanks for the hookup on that trigger, im just waiting for the guy to write back now

Jon, thanks for being there man, it was really cool to see you again, i missed ya too bro!

Curtis, thanks for being cool, it was fun to talk to you

CLare, you are by far the coolest cat around, It was nice to talk with you, you truely are like the sister of AO

Tom, thanks for coming to the event, and for having us as your AO company, i tihnk evetyone really appreciates it when you come out to visit us, i know i do.

Timmy63, Chupas, Scooter, and Festus, Thanks for the great time at the Sheraton, it was cool to talk with you guys, Timmy il be sending you a pm soon.

Kidz, it was deffinitely cool to be there with you guys, see you guys rip it up etc, Thanks for the conversations we shared, and Chester, thanks for the input on how to play the fields, we really appreciate it!

and last but certainly not least, I want to thank my dad, for taking me out to pittsburgh, putting up with me comming in late every night, and all that great stuff.

thanks everyone!

Thordic
07-23-2003, 12:50 PM
I have a few quick thanks, Im not gonna hit everyone because there were like 30+ AOers there.

Thanks for magman and freshmanbob for stealing that awesome mug for me. It rules.

Thanks to the AA guys for fixing my Vigilante, I thought it was toast, and they got it workin brand new. I was thoroughly impressed. And you guys donated your car for our sticker fest, how nice :)

Thanks to miscue for being an entertaining drunk. Much fun was had at your expense.

Thanks to wyn for driving in from Canada. I mean Michigan. I was wondering if any real drinkers were gonna show up...

Thanks to NTN for NOTHING! WHERE IS MY WINE SLEEPING BEAUTY!!!! Just kidding man... :)

Thanks to everyone else for showing up and making IAO rule. Come back next year or I'll track you down and make you pay.

Army
07-23-2003, 09:11 PM
Fantastic time.

I want to thank all the AO members that I met, and there were MANY. I want to thank all the PBNation guys, that came over to introduce themselves too, there ARE some cool guys there:)

Nero, thanks for Sarah's new 'Cocker, no doubt the nicest slider trigger I have ever shot, good job. (...and props to the Hyper-Spyder too, that thing RIPS!)

Load, you are the best. Nobody else made me laugh and giggle as much as you did. It was good to see you again.

Miscue.......leave the booze alone:D You ain't built for that kind of self-inflicted damage:D It was good to see you again too, and we'll meet up again at Pan-Am in the Fall.

AO members, if there is any way possible to make one of the AO gatherings, do it! You are missing out on something really special, that doesn't happen anywhere else on the net.

Clare, someone "borrowed" the poster you signed for Jon and Lew (with special thanks to Glen), is there any way you can do another and send it to me? I'll pay for any shipping. (this is only for me fellas, it's not an open deal!) It was wonderful to finally meet you...and hug you....and sweep you off your feet! (...and to Curtis for not beating me to a pulp for it:D)

Tom, thank you again for providing the means for thousands of people to become aquainted, and good friends, under a single banner...AO:)

AGDJon
07-23-2003, 09:22 PM
I posted my thanks in the other thread but will restate it here.

Thanks everyone for making AGD number 1 at this IAO event.

Again, can't wait till next year. Hopefully Lynn will come out next year :) She says hi :)

Muzikman
07-24-2003, 10:01 AM
Magman007: What I get no props for picking you up at the campground Monday night???? I see how it is:)

Creative Mayhem
07-24-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Muzikman
Magman007: What I get no props for picking you up at the campground Monday night???? I see how it is:)

Dont feel bad Muz... he wasn't there when i went to pick him up early tuesday morning for the tech conference :p

magman007
07-24-2003, 12:16 PM
I knew i forgot some one real special muz! Dude i feel so sorry i forgot you! i noticed the :) but still! you have made both of my IAO's a huge sucess, and i appreciate it more than any thing. Thank you and Nero so much for picking um me and my father. We appreciate it sooo much man.

Mayhem, i told you not to come get me, apparently you drank enough to forget that part!!!! :)

Riot[Z-Grip]
07-24-2003, 03:51 PM
I suppose it's about time I did this.... =)

Thanks to:

Magman007: For being cool and hanging around with me all week, giving me the sickest hat ever, and hitting on waitresses.

Creative_Mayhem: For being fun to talk to, being Canadian, and putting himself in the position where I had to drive a Canadian car.

Oldsoldier: For being from New England, and being a great captain for AFTICA and keeping everything together.

AGDJon: For making sure every last person at IAO knew where I was from, giving use of the AGDCougar to destroy a video tape, and being an all around cool guy.

Load: For slapping me in a way where I didn't care.

Thordic: For the car rides and the good times. (And not realizing that I also helped steal him that mug.)

Edweird: For the car rides, Kinkos, storage space, and more good times.

ntn: For being great to hang around with, putting up with me forgetting who he was for a while, and for snagging the last palmer reg at the tourney.

KaiserBob: For being as cool in person as he was online and winning the Tippmann Target Shoot.

Miscue: The Q-man, Q-meister, what more can be said.. great guy, great chess player.

Nerobro: For being more forgiving of my liking Impulses in person than he is online.

Sarah: Great to finally meet you, next time I promise I won't forget you when demolishing a movie.

Muzikman: For captaining a team that beat RMOG and being a cool guy as well.

FreshmanBob: For being a good target.

All the AGD Team Players: For being great guys, making some awesome games to watch, and giving AFTICA much support. (And Chester for being Chester.)

All the AGD Techs: For being forgiving of my constant pestering, fixing my mag, etc. (And Kayle for fixing my glasses so I could play.)

Anyone I missed: Everyone was so awesome and contributed to the experience, feel free to berate me for forgetting you. =)

-Riot

Dayspring
07-24-2003, 04:07 PM
You forgot the Black Cell guys. You are dead to me now... ;)

Riot[Z-Grip]
07-24-2003, 04:36 PM
Additions to thanks list:

Dayspring: For putting up with truck jokes and lots of good times.

Blazingace: Italian Salad.

PsychoBaller: For being exactly as I'd pictured him.

The Rest of BlackCell: Great times, my favorite game of the event.

(Happy now?) =)

Thordic
07-24-2003, 05:18 PM
Thanks to Riot for helping steal the mug and for driving us home Friday night, god knows no one else was in any shape to get home :)

I had no idea you helped steal the mug, though. I said I liked it, next thing I know its getting handed to me in the parking lot. :) Im drinking out of it right now, though. It really is a kickass mug.

Miscue
07-24-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Thordic

Thanks to miscue for being an entertaining drunk. Much fun was had at your expense.

Anything for AO! :p

Potatoboy
07-24-2003, 06:20 PM
No one thanked me.

*cry*

Muzikman
07-24-2003, 06:23 PM
Thank you tater, for snuggling with me that one night...er...wait...;)

mistwolf
07-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
Thank you tater, for snuggling with me that one night...er...wait...;)

I don't even want to ponder the tater tots THAT would produce.

Jamie