PDA

View Full Version : Looky What I Got at IAO

poolshark5226
07-21-2003, 03:57 PM
My new baby:
Black ULE Body
Black X-Valve
Black Y-Grip
RTP foregrip and rail (built from an RTP)
also picked up:
68/3k Fiberwrapped Crossfire tank
Black Kapp duckbill ASA
Black CP nipple cover

Huge thanks to Havoc for building this baby for me and for answering my questions and such, and thanks to Tom for welcoming me to the mag family:D ...maybe I should...get a barrel...

edit: pics arent working I'll try to get them up

snoogans
07-21-2003, 04:09 PM
sounds, nice...ur wallet lighter?;)

poolshark5226
07-21-2003, 04:42 PM
Yeah, about $785 lighter to be exact:eek: :D
soon to come: Lapco Aluminum Bigshot or CP 1-Piece 10", ULT, and an Endo cradle...muahaha

S.S Bandit1
07-21-2003, 08:22 PM
and why not a pic??

Mag Master 04
07-21-2003, 08:50 PM
sounds nice...get those pics up:p

poolshark5226
07-22-2003, 05:11 PM
muahahah

EsPo
07-22-2003, 05:16 PM
SO.. so.. sexy...

i'll get to see this baby in real life soon.. just as soon as i pick up my poster :)

Skoad
07-22-2003, 05:16 PM
nice but im not diggin the rtpro forgrip and stuff.

could use a nice drop. :)

poolshark5226
07-22-2003, 05:35 PM
Might pick up this cradle (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/iao/2003/tradeshow/DVC00463_jpg.shtml) when it's out. Ugly as sin but soooooooooo comfy. Or pehaps I will go with something a bit more...traditional.

As for the foregrip, it might be ugly, but its very comfortable. In a while, after I get everything else I need (a ton of stuff), I'll pick up an omega rail, vert adapter, and a CP foregrip

joker4hire
07-22-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Skoad
nice but im not diggin the rtpro forgrip and stuff.

could use a nice drop. :)

Maybe if it was black instead of silver?

fcpchop
07-22-2003, 07:35 PM
Awome gun dide, did you have fun at aio?

poolshark5226
07-22-2003, 08:27 PM
Thanks man. I had a lot of fun, messing around with new guns, meeting people and such, but if it weren't for the Mag and tank I dont think the 16 hours (:eek: ) of driving;) :D

spydervenom
07-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by poolshark5226
Might pick up this cradle (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/iao/2003/tradeshow/DVC00463_jpg.shtml) when it's out. Ugly as sin but soooooooooo comfy. Or pehaps I will go with something a bit more...traditional.

As for the foregrip, it might be ugly, but its very comfortable. In a while, after I get everything else I need (a ton of stuff), I'll pick up an omega rail, vert adapter, and a CP foregrip

is that JAM's endo cradle? i loved that thing. wasn't very pretty but o-so comfortable

poolshark5226
07-22-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by spydervenom

is that JAM's endo cradle?

Sure is...I wanted to pick one up there, but they were only taking pre-orders ($35 plus a $10 deposit. According to the JAM guy (the same guy as in the pic) they had sold one of the display models and weren't getting rid of any more:(

magman007
07-22-2003, 11:59 PM

il tell you, it was comefortable to hold, but when i tok my posistions, and tries switching it from hand to hand, i found it very difficult to get into any "comefotable" posistions. I liked the idea, but im a traditionalist, i am so used to playing the way i do, after doing it for so many years, that changing to a new drop like that, would require alot of re working.

On a side note, JAM enterprises was a bunch of asses to me about owning a mag. Scenario:

I ask if i can take a few shots on their display timmy, and then stick my finger in the breach to test the JAM bolt's softness. He said that i may only put my finger in the breach, and that he didnt want me wasting his air. I protested and i said, i wasnt wasting his air, i was testing out 2 products, that could earn both himself, and BLAST a sale. OK that asside, when i went to pic up the marker, i set down my beloved SFL on the table.

They guy had a fit. He said something stupid like, i dont want you shooting my gun after shooting that(reffering to my mag) he then complained about how they were not consistent etc. I just chickled about it etc, but deep down inside, i knew i didnt ned to take his crap, and i have reminded my self, not to support thse 2 bums in any business adventures they decide to make.....

and btw, lvl 10 is still softer!!!!!

gamarada717
07-23-2003, 01:09 AM
I want a signed Capo poster.....that would make my day.....maybe even month.

elpimpo
07-23-2003, 01:24 AM
is that dude outa denver that makes those cradles

edweird
07-23-2003, 01:32 AM
Lord1234 bought one of them drops... but it looks sorta diffrent. anyhow they are quite comfy and if they had another I was going to give it a whirl.

If the keeper of the Spydarm checks this thread out he may post us a pic of his marker with it on it.

EsPo
07-23-2003, 09:00 AM
magman- so the JAM bolt did work? I'm about to own a... cocker...and i may have chopping issues.. in which case i will buy this bolt once i hear more about it.

poolshark5226
07-23-2003, 10:46 AM
Yeah the JAM guy was sort of a jerk to me too. When I asked about buying one of the endo's he was like "I already TOLD you, we have NONE TO SELL!" (I was asking because he had sold off one of the display models). Switching hand was a bit odd, but overall I liked the feel. My only real concern about it is actual shootability (hehe) on the field. You can't really "shoulder" your tank, so it seems that it would provide a nice big target near your head, and also, without a solid platform to place your tank against, I'm not sure how easy it will be to rip on your gun. I'm still pretty interested in it though, and I'll probably end up picking one up in a while

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-23-2003, 10:50 AM

Go with a Dye long drop, then a dovetail on/off.

shartley
07-23-2003, 10:55 AM
Very nice… I actually kind of like the Y-Grip on that one. I think it would look even nicer if the RTP foregrip bracket was painted black too, and an AO Drop used. :)

poolshark5226
07-23-2003, 11:04 AM
Well the thing with the Dye long drop is...its long...and expensive:p ;)

Thanks for the compliment Sam. Actually I'm having paintballbeaver powdercoat it black for me as soon as I get money:D What's the AO drop? Do you mean Datapimp's? It's still a little too big for my taste, I'f I get a more "traditional" drop I'll probably go for the Shocktech short

shartley
07-23-2003, 11:09 AM
Well the thing with the Dye long drop is...its long...and expensive:p ;)

Thanks for the compliment Sam. Actually I'm having paintballbeaver powdercoat it black for me as soon as I get money:D What's the AO drop? Do you mean Datapimp's? It's still a little too big for my taste, I'f I get a more "traditional" drop I'll probably go for the Shocktech short
No problem…. And you’re welcome.

Yes, I was talking about Datapimp’s drop. Have you seen it in person? When I put mine on, it was actually tighter than I thought it would be by looking at the pictures. It was pretty comparable to my KAPP drop.

But, as always, get what YOU want and what makes you happy. After all, you will own it and shoot it… none of us will. :)

poolshark5226
07-23-2003, 11:16 AM
I saw it on the purple x-mag in the back of the AGD cougar, but haven't actually held it or anything, so I guess it's not really my place to say how it feels, but it does look pretty big. The thing is that the Y-grip already bring my tank forward a little over the Intelliframe, and that's the main reason I want to stick to something small. If it's not a problem, could you get me the measurements (how far it drops the tank and how far forward it puts it)?

Also, I just remembered that the air fills there were free, and super fast too...it's pretty lame of the JAM guy not to let you shoot them

shartley
07-23-2003, 11:21 AM
I saw it on the purple x-mag in the back of the AGD cougar, but haven't actually held it or anything, so I guess it's not really my place to say how it feels, but it does look pretty big. The thing is that the Y-grip already bring my tank forward a little over the Intelliframe, and that's the main reason I want to stick to something small. If it's not a problem, could you get me the measurements (how far it drops the tank and how far forward it puts it)?
This is true… the Y-Grip does bring it forward anyways so a smaller drop would probably be better….

Measurements…… (going to measure now…)

Mine is roughly 2 ½ inches forward, and roughly 2 inches down.

Now, this is rough because the drop does not take up the entire base of the Intelli-Frame. But this should give you a good idea on where it will place your tank.

poolshark5226
07-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Oh wow..i remeber reading somewhere that its like...7 inches or something...must gotten it confused with something else...
anyway, my new drop/cradle choices are as follows:
Black DP and my current asa: $50
Black Shocktech Stubby and current asa: $30
Black Benchmark Shorty w/ on/off: $40

These are prtices form pbgear...I'll probably end up getting used though

aut911
08-11-2003, 11:51 PM
honestly, get the system x cradle. its 40 bucks and look really good. they have a short and a long version so youcan pick an choose.

aut

Fuji
08-12-2003, 12:20 AM
CP has some nice drops also. I prefer the razor and the mini razor drops myself. They bring the tank forward without too much of a drop. That way it minimizes the overall height of the gun, while bringing that tank forward. But, as Mr. Shartley has put it, it is all preference... Have you tried out other peoples setups? Granted, it's not the same but it gives you an idea.

Army
08-12-2003, 12:38 AM
Hmm...then it wasn't just me!

At the Vegas Pan-Am, the JAM table was across the aisle from Paintball Daddy/AGD. OK, what's the thing people do at any event that displays markers with full air tanks? Yup, shoot them as fast as they can.

Unless you are across from the JAM guys...

I'm wailing away on my Emag, matching the Carter Machine guns pop for pop, when I hear: "HEY, DO YOU MIND?", and the JAM guy is yelling at ME to be quiet! The noive of'um!

Of course...I waited 10 minutes and let another kid wail away on the Emag again!

RobAGD
08-12-2003, 12:40 AM
If you just want something to shorten it a tad, get a CP Perfect Rail and CP On/Off Tank adapter. YOu will get it a bit shorter just by changing out the donkey you have now.

Next I would re route that hose, Never sweep hose forward it just not right :)

-Robert

poolshark5226
08-12-2003, 10:18 AM
I'm most likely getting a Shorty Shocktech or CP micro.
I'm hoping I can change the hose setup, but right now I need to use it because:
A) The hose is weird and when I put it the other way it kinks inward
and
B) When I flip the ASA the fill nipple sticks up and guage digs into my hand

Treefall25
08-21-2003, 09:37 PM
hey i m interested i m just not sure if i want urs or a e-mag from tunaman. how s 500 sound shipped? and i cant believe no one bought that yet. how many shots through it? any scratches? lmk i m very interested

poolshark5226
08-21-2003, 09:56 PM
You got the wrong thread of mine:D Sorry not really looking to sell, only to trade for Vikings or Emags or whatever catches my eye

Treefall25
08-21-2003, 10:02 PM
woops sorry i had both going at once cause i was looking at ur sig but alright i want a e mag too hehehe

blueangelboy
09-28-2003, 10:17 PM
so nice..must have..right now.

no j/k i love my own. nice gun man.