PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on my next AGD product...

mjs1217
07-21-2003, 08:14 PM
Okay, heres my story:

Right now I own a used minimag with a dye SS barrel, lvl 10, dye stickies, and an anno'd sightrail that came with it but I don't use. I've had it for a while, but i actually don't own all of it. The day I heard of it being sold for a little over 300 bucks, I jumped at it. But, I didnt have enough, so me and my friend bought it to share. I payed about 60 percent for it, and my friend took care of the rest, the idea being that we would share it (which we have been doing).

Now, on saturday it is that friend's birthday and im giving him my part of the mag, since he has done alot for me and i feel almost like i owe it to him.

However, this leaves me marker-less, so my question is this:

Should I build my own mag, or buy an RT Pro with the LX and X-valve?

I'm open to any suggestions on what I should put in my mag if I build it myself, but I have a short budget: 560 bucks.
And, right now I have nothing but a 12v Revvy, since the nitrogen tank we were using on the minimag is my friends.

So, what should I do? Please give me suggestions on what I should put in my new mag if I build it instead of buying the rt pro (I would prefer to build one if possible, but please keep in mind my budget).

Thanks,
-mjs

SIGSays
07-21-2003, 08:28 PM
just buy a xvalve

mjs1217
07-21-2003, 08:36 PM
I cant just buy the xvalve because i'm giving up my entire current mag.

mjs1217
07-22-2003, 08:54 AM
\
|\
||\
|||\
||||\
|||||\
||||||\
|||
|||
|||
|||
|||
---

Up

NJPaint
07-22-2003, 09:52 AM
$560 can find you a nice mag on the classified forums... Just take out $100 for an HPA tank

kosmo
07-22-2003, 09:55 AM
Well either you hunt down places that have the specific parts in stock, or you pay extra and go through AGD. Thats if you want to build a mag. Unless you want to go over your 560 bucks, youre going to have to buy used parts, take a long time, and prolly wont get an X valve. But building a mag is just so much more satisfying then isnt it? So my advice would be to compromise, and email Tunaman. Se what you can get with your money, cuz hes going to have the best value.

mjs1217
07-22-2003, 12:14 PM
...But if I buy a tunamag I wouldn't be building my own, but instead i'd be mooching off of his hard work and labor...

Also, as of right now the rt Mag will be cheaper then building one, unless i can find an rt valve for like 100...which I can't.

Dave
07-22-2003, 12:53 PM
You might be able to just buy all the parts from Tunaman, and assemble it yourself. Talk to tunaman first, he's a good dealer, with good prices.

-Dave

bunkermaster10
07-22-2003, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I would also talk to tunaman about the stuff you want first. And if the price is to high from him then I would look in the classified forums cause you can find great people selling markers there.

e mag
07-22-2003, 01:42 PM
also check ebay, you can find some great deals on classics and rt pros.