PDA

View Full Version : ULE triggers at iao?

punkcmonkiez
07-21-2003, 10:16 PM
did the people at the tech class get ule triggers? cause thats what i heard. if so how are they?????????

Dayspring
07-21-2003, 11:06 PM
Yes we did get them.

I've only shot the one Tom set up. See, they will actually slow down an Emag/Xmag b/c of how it works. (The actual physics behind it are WAY to complex to type.)

Classic valve- won't work really. Possible short stroking.

The RT valve is where it will shine. Only person I know who has it working and all is EdWeird. Played for AFTICA all weekend. Seems to work well.

edweird
07-21-2003, 11:17 PM
I placed mine in the day after the tech class and couldnt be more pleased.

Currently I have 3 shims installed in it and the distance between Fire and Recharge are just far enough apart to avoid runaway.

This is a wonderful upgrade for any RTP user... Although I have to piggy back on TK's concerns about the average user and the possiblitys of ruining the pin during installation.

If anyone has any specific questions I will be happy to give my further input.

Grasshopper
07-22-2003, 01:02 AM
edweird, is the trigger really 66% lighter?
I'm getting one as soon as they hit the online store :cool:

Thordic
07-22-2003, 08:14 AM
The trigger is VERY light, I'll give it that.

I have my concerns about Joe Automag trying to shoot the trigger without short stroking, but time will tell how easily learnable the trigger is.

Its so light that people start to assume its an electro and when they start trying to pull like an electro that wheres the trouble starts.

Its right on the verge of being walkable right now.

rkjunior303
07-22-2003, 08:23 AM
word. How is it to shoot? Since the actual distance hasn't changed on the pull, does it feel kinda long?

Dayspring
07-22-2003, 10:29 AM
If the distance hasn't changed from stock, how can it feel any longer? ;)

07-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Did anyone else lose a rediculous amount of reactivity. I figured there might be some but I have like none at all at 800psi.

Kevmaster
07-22-2003, 11:19 AM
yes...the reactivity WILL go down...

if i remember right....it goes from 6lbs to 2lbs of pushback

Thordic
07-22-2003, 12:44 PM
I think a "normal" rt has about 8 lbs of return force.

A normal classic valve has like 2 lbs of kickback.

The trigger length was fine. It is kinda tough to shoot though because your brain gets confused trying to shoot it like an electro and a mechanical at the same time.

SG Avenger
07-22-2003, 05:23 PM
So for those who have either never shot an electronic marker, or ones with very little experience with them. Would you say that this would be more in their Arena?

My X-valved mag is plenty fast for me... and I've not been corrupted by using e-markers.. my mind is ready for the wonder that is the ULE Trigger.

Muzikman
07-22-2003, 05:32 PM
Damn...I knew I forgot to do something at IAO....pick up my damn On/Off bottom!!!!!!

Kevmaster
07-22-2003, 05:36 PM
i almost did....that sucks Muz

Star_Base_CGI
07-22-2003, 05:59 PM
The video says the gun has a 2 lb trigger pull and the return is 4 pounds. The on off pushs the trigger return forward to latch on the valve but I dont know cause I dont have an RT, yet.

afrankart
07-22-2003, 09:24 PM
Has anyone ben able to find a sweetspot on this yet?:D

Dayspring
07-22-2003, 09:49 PM
With the reactivity going down, I doubt it.

acecl22
07-22-2003, 09:53 PM
i thought it was alot less than two pounds

edweird
07-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Ok the basic therory behind this is a change in piston size in the on-off assy. adding shims basicly moves the point at which the on-off pin contacts the O-ring and allows it to recharge. Adding shims moves the recharge point closer to the fire point in the trigger swing. Eventually you can add enought shims in which the fire and recharge points are close enough to be within the distance the reduced reactivity pops your finger forward (this is bad news) so you have to remove a shim and get it just on the verge of runaway without crossing it.

basicly it installs alot like the LVL 10. But its far easier to break if your rough with it.

Oh and to counter the comments of the reduced reactivity... the ratio of reactivity is the same. its just reduced to allow you to have a shorter effective trigger swing (I fail to remember the spiffy H-word TK used for it) with out insane bounce. After all a 1 pound pull and 6 pound bounce would runaway even if the trigger pull was as long as a stock spyder

So.....
15 oz pull- 2 pound-ish bounce is balanced

Star_Base_CGI
07-23-2003, 09:07 AM
I think the whole gun concept safety thing is that if you have a 2 pound trigger pull its more difficult to accidently pull the trigger. Thats why Tom said there would be safety issue with the gun.

Dayspring
07-23-2003, 10:04 AM
Hysteresis

The distance between recharge & fire.

:)

Originally posted by edweird
its just reduced to allow you to have a shorter effective trigger swing (I fail to remember the spiffy H-word TK used for it) with out insane bounce.

openboater
07-23-2003, 11:39 AM
My ULE trigger is now up and running. I have not completely tuned it but it is very nice. I am running 1 LX shim (.010) and 2 ULT shims (.005 each). Tonite I will get a chance to tune it further.

the trigger seem suited to my finger since I don't go for 47 BPS. I like 4-8 BPS with each shot a unique pull so I haven't had any short stroking problem.

I'll update on the tuning effort.

edweird
07-23-2003, 12:57 PM
one mod I may do myself is to tap a hole for adding a set screw at the top of the trigger to shorten the distance between the fire point and the forward stop

it seems logical enough and the next step in the process

mistwolf
07-23-2003, 01:05 PM
Now I am sad. I almost came to IOA completely to go to this class, hoping to get one of these and the knowledge on how to use it. But I held myself back. Stupid me!

Jamie

openboater
07-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Edwierd, I went out at lunch and got a tap and drill and screw so I could do just that, tap the trigger for the post travel.

edweird
07-23-2003, 02:40 PM
I dont konw how well it will work for post travel... but pretravel would be an easy mod

68magOwner
07-23-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring

Classic valve- won't work really. Possible short stroking.

wolnt REALLY work?...does this mean there is none, or just very lil hope for me (i have a classic valve, and appear to be stuck with it 4 life!)

afrankart
07-23-2003, 04:52 PM
If the force to pull the trigger and the force returned on the trigger are both reduced by the exact same amount, why wouldn't it sweetspot? It would still have the same push/pull ratio on the trigger correct?

Dayspring
07-23-2003, 07:40 PM
None to very little hope. There is a very REAL chance of shortstroking and double feeding. It wasn't really designed for the classic valve.

68magOwner
07-23-2003, 10:59 PM
ok, so it will work with the classic valve, but not very well, and only with practice, WOO HOO! im gettin a ULE trigger!

afrankart
07-24-2003, 05:23 AM
If I still had a classic valve, I wouldn't waste my money. It would probably just frustrate you and hurt your game.

Dayspring
07-24-2003, 09:24 AM
Read my lips.

NOT DESIGNED FOR THE CLASSIC VALVE.

Will it work? Maybe. Will you have LOTS of problems? You betcha.

68magOwner
07-24-2003, 10:53 AM
poo :( well, i shoot fast enough already, but just out of curiosity, what would all the problems be?

Dayspring
07-24-2003, 11:24 AM
MASSIVE shootdown.
Short Stroking.
Possibility of "chuffing" the ball- shooting one only part way down the barrel and the next one is full speed. Balls meet in barrel and you are now shooting a Wagner Power Painter.

BTW- use your signature only once per thread. You can disable it in the reply menu.

07-24-2003, 01:14 PM
I definately would not get it for classic valve. I am having trouble getting use to trigger with RT valve.

mistwolf
07-24-2003, 01:25 PM
Save the money from a ULE and get an X-Valve, and get someone to give you a ULE for xmas. If it's out by then.

Any chance we'll see these at/by Shatnerball?

Jamie