PDA

View Full Version : New Powerlyte Isis

Ov3rmind
07-22-2003, 05:45 AM
FON Link (http://www.forceofnature.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=666&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

$599 for base model, $699 for upper end model. Should be released at WC.

Judging by the description (this is just my guess), this sounds very similar to a Matrix, only much smaller and probably lighter. Combine that with Powerlyte quality and this may be a winner. It also reminds me somewhat of the Advent, which is also a marker I'm paying close attention to. Both companies are dedicated to great customer service and quality, we'll just see which one performs better. I also like the new version of the Hybrid, Powerlyte is definitely ahead of the pack as far as AutoCocker type guns too.

GT
07-22-2003, 02:22 PM
cool gun,
If it is anything like my scepter I am sure it is a ncice piece. Althought having a different colored reg always bothered me.

jb

Johnny_Reb
07-22-2003, 02:34 PM
Looks like a Orracle body on a Matrix to me. But Powerlyte makes quality products so Im sure the Isis will preform well.

But why would you name a gun after an Egyptian god?:confused: :rolleyes:

krafty
07-22-2003, 03:20 PM
Looks a little like the new Shocker. They're gonna get sued.

FalconGuy016
07-22-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by krafty
Looks a little like the new Shocker. They're gonna get sued.

lol

Looks like a mix of the new shocker and angel LCD maybe? :)
However, it looks pretty plain. I dont mind though, especially if it performs well

Its so small though!

No sKiLLz
07-22-2003, 06:09 PM
Would look really sick with some nice milling. Need to see how it shoots though. Sounds fast, but I want to try it out. Definitely a backup candidate.

poolshark5226
07-22-2003, 06:28 PM
From what I've seen of the Isis, it looks pretty sick. I think the Advent is mucho cooler though ;)

Ov3rmind
07-23-2003, 06:46 PM
Aside from the FON link, here are some Warpig pics from the IAO:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/iao/2003/tradeshow/DVC00557.jpg

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/iao/2003/tradeshow/DVC00558.jpg

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/iao/2003/tradeshow/DVC00559.jpg

At first glance from the side, I was reminded an awful lot of a Nerve or Angel. However, from the back it looks very much like a Matrix.

Johnny_Reb, why not name it after an Egyptian god? IMO it's a better idea then naming it after a movie (*cought*Matrix*cough*).

FutureMagOwner
07-23-2003, 07:02 PM
yeah i noticed how it looked sorta like an angel/matrix/dye cocker(the swoop milling thingy)

i wouldnt mind selling one of my guns for one of those or an OTB

warpfeedmod
07-23-2003, 07:09 PM
It uses magnets in the grip frame to adjust the tension of the pull. You can take out or add in a combination to get the desired tension.

hmmm

...the upper bore contains all the workings of the gun. It’s a very simple design with basically one moving part. Removing the back plate with single screw will allow the user to remove all of the internals. Its very simple and easy to maintain.

double-hmmm field-strip screw? heheh

sooo many similarities!

Tom, imitation is the greatest form of flattery :)

Ov3rmind
07-23-2003, 08:11 PM
I would assume the field strip screw works more like the knob on a Matrix, not exactly like a Mag's. And yes, I know the E-Mag uses the same trigger concept (and was the first to if I recall right), but so do a lot of other guns.

Johnny_Reb
07-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Johnny_Reb, why not name it after an Egyptian god? IMO it's a better idea then naming it after a movie (*cought*Matrix*cough*). LoL ok then why Isis? Osiris would be cooler. But hey part of the Matrix's appeal is its name.

"What kinda gun is that?"
"Its a Matrix."
"Really?Cool lemme shoot it.":D

Ov3rmind
07-23-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Johnny_Reb
LoL ok then why Isis? Osiris would be cooler. But hey part of the Matrix's appeal is its name.

"What kinda gun is that?"
"Its a Matrix."
"Really?Cool lemme shoot it.":D
Osiris would have been cooler, but for some reason I'm thinking it's already been used for a paintball product (I may be wrong though). LOL, I just can't get used to "Matrix". Every time I think of that gun there's lines of green code streaming behind it in my mind's eye.

No sKiLLz
07-25-2003, 01:52 PM
You might be thinking of the shoes. I don't think Osiris has been touched yet. But on the same token, there's Raa, Annubis (Special edition marker possibly named CANnubis), Chons (Not to be mistaken for Chonies), Nut (swear to god, she is the egyptian goddess of the sky and heavens), Sobek (another special edition with a lizard milled into the body), or Wepwawet (sounds like the egyptian god of war got his azz kicked a lot in school), or try marketing a marker called Nephthys (Hey dude, I just got a Nep...Neptees...tees...thees...fuk...), or maybe if you like fat chicks you could get the Hathor (Egyptian Cow Goddess).

http://sobek.colorado.edu/LAB/GODS/ :D

Johnny_Reb
07-25-2003, 02:38 PM
Annubis That would be a cool name. But the best would be Thor.:D

Ov3rmind
07-25-2003, 02:55 PM
They should do a last run of Shockers before everyone starts getting the 03s, the "Hathor" series.

No sKiLLz
07-25-2003, 03:09 PM
That would be a cool name. But the best would be Thor.:D

Thor is Norse. But I can't believe no one wants a "Nut" gun!!!:( I would get it just for the name!:cool:

FutureMagOwner
07-25-2003, 03:14 PM
didnt you know the hammer of thor is a shocker?

annubis would be cool as well egyptian names and latin names tend to be cool(except ones like claudius tintinius flavius publius cicero caesar or that persons wife claudia tintinia flavia publia cicera caesera or something even though most romans only had 3 names)

No sKiLLz
07-25-2003, 03:16 PM
Seriously, no one wants a "Nut" gun? Saying to your friends "You got Nut-ted on! Right on your face!"

Ov3rmind
07-25-2003, 03:21 PM
Ok, it's final, I'm inventing a gun and calling it Claudius Tintinius Flavius Publius Cicero Caesar.

hailstorm
07-25-2003, 03:28 PM
lol no skillz, i'm getting funny looks because i'm sitting alone in front of a computer in a library laughing my butt off. hahahha "nut" gun.

Johnny_Reb
07-25-2003, 03:46 PM
Hehe I like zeus or Ares, but I think they shouldve named it the Benjamin Franklin.:D Lets get back on topic.;)

Ov3rmind
07-25-2003, 04:19 PM
:D Lets get back on topic.;)
LOL, good call.