PDA

View Full Version : Modus Operandi for the Revolution

AGD
07-22-2003, 03:52 PM
All,

The Untermag Revolution can not be about hype and promotion otherwise it would go against its own creed. It must not be about Tom Kaye or AGD either. Nor must it be a club or group of people. It must be a philosophy, a way of life, something that you feel is in your heart and that you would believe in, even if there were no others around. For this to succeed, it must continue as it has formed, an underground revolution. Like an iceberg there must only be the smallest tip showing, but a large mass hidden under the water. Its not about logos or stickers or chuffing your way through a mass of people, its about you and what you believe. If you make a decision in life about what is right and wrong for you, it will make you stronger. That strength will show itself to other people in the way you communicate and act every day. This inner strength will make you different from the others and at some point they will come to you trying to understand why. That is when you will discuss how you came to believe in what you do and why you do it. This will be slightly different for all revolutionists but always revolve around the creed.

We do not want the other forums or even paintball in general to link to pics of the red star and laugh about how “clultish” that is. We don’t want people to abandon this philosophy for the next cool club. We want people to know that it exists but only find it after a motivated search. If a player asks you about the red star on your t-shirt your answer should be “why do you ask?” not “yea I am a revolutionist”. The words “chuff, chuff” should pop up out of nowhere when someone tells you something stupid, only then identifying your beliefs.

We want the general public to know very few details about the revolution so they don’t form their own opinions before they understand that it is a phylosophy. Its all about a search for the truth and your personal decision to embrace that concept or not. The decision to join is a personal one and should be done after some lengthy thought. In fact this revolution started a long time ago, most of you are here because you have believed in this for a while, now we have given it a name and we are together as one.

As revolutionists we must be accepting of others decisions and know that this philosophy is far ranging. “I bought this marker because I thought it had the coolest milling I have ever seen” is a revolutionist statement, it is true to itself, honest, direct and non-hype. “ I saw Rocky shooting this thing and he was ripping on it so I got one to see what it would be like to shoot” is also a revolutionist statement. “ I saw Rocky shooting it so I knew it had to be the best gun out there” gets a chuff, chuff. “I shoot this marker because the rest of my team does and we look cool with matching jersies and markers” gets you in the revolution. “I shoot this marker because it’s the best and everyone uses them” gets you chuffed. Understanding the differences in those statements is the personal responsibility of everyone who joins this group. It is the motive behind the thoughts and not the content that we try to understand and improve.

We now have a name, a creed and way to proceed. Let’s see what we can do with it!!

AGD

Miscue
07-22-2003, 03:54 PM
Sounds good. Can we call you the Godfather? :p

tony3
07-22-2003, 04:09 PM
This is freaking me out:eek:

rosabi
07-22-2003, 04:14 PM
?

Creative Mayhem
07-22-2003, 04:28 PM
Well said Tom.

No need for a lengthy thread for the revolution... we all know why we are here, it's not for revolutions, we're here for our own beliefs, I'm here because I believe in AGD and the quality products they provide... I've played with mags all but 2 months of my 12yr paintball life, and I will continue to do so until life stops me.

LONG LIVE THE AIRGUN WAY OF LIFE!!!!!

CM

edweird
07-22-2003, 04:33 PM
Well put TK.

But also on a side point ... concern has came up that this may used be a marketing ploy. So in intrest of this I suggest that we keep the use of the img and such as non-profit only in the intrest of keeping it real

KEEP IT REAL! KEEP IT NON-PROFIT (and about the comunity)

vdo_game_junkie
07-22-2003, 04:34 PM
It's a great idea but if it is a way of life, a philosophy or something you believe in, why would you need to join a club? (refering to other threads in the forum) Just to say you're in? If you are (I am, whomever) believes in the same, a number by my name isn't going to change that. Personally I think having to sign up for the the club thing is a bad idea and people a just missing the point. Just my $.02

Blennidae
07-22-2003, 04:39 PM
I find this to be an interesting post by Mr. Kaye. When this whole DUR thing started, I figured it would be another "pie" club.

When Tom posted the creed, everybody jumped on it and I felt for sure thats exactly what it had become. Everyone wanted a hand in the logo and was spouting off the "chuff, chuff" at every opportunity. Some "underground" revolution.:rolleyes:

I personally didn't want anything to do with it. I have always preferred to choose my own path. I didn't want to follow the crowd. The DUR seemed to be just that, some kind of clique.

Now we have this new post. I do like what is mentioned in it. Its not about hype, or being part of something. Its about being true to ones self. That is something I would be willing to stand for.

I won't wear your logo, but if everyone can do as Tom asks, I can respect your revolution. If its all about "being in the DUR", and not what its supposed to stand for, then all I can say to your "chuff, chuff" will be "I like pie."

Kraemer
07-22-2003, 04:40 PM
I am semi-confused. Is this about life or paintball? Well Paintball=Life but thats whats confusing me...but from what I understand it seems like my prior beliefs anyway...

robertjuric
07-22-2003, 04:44 PM
no one said you had to sign up. the revolution has been a long time coming, and is more of a mindset. a mindset for the intelligent people in life. the people that wont buy into the hype. the people that stand out, and refuse to be lost in the crowd.

we dont buy into the hype, we arent a part of the crowd, we ARE the revolution.

Clockwork_Orange
07-22-2003, 04:47 PM
I'm speechless. I love when people speak facts, thanks Tom!;)

GT
07-22-2003, 05:14 PM
hmmmm.....

look into my "how to build a mag article under GT's tips.

4. Buy stuff that you like. I noticed that even when I completed my mag that some folks didn’t like my drop/tank setup. Well it’s my gun and my opinion is the only one that matters.

The power to do any and everything in this life is located in your hands. Use that power wisely

chuff, chuff

jb

Lee
07-22-2003, 05:15 PM
Tom for Illuminati ;)

i think alot of it is just for the fun of it.
i see a few people posting about how this is not right, don't limit, we're excluding peple etc etc.

so what? it's fun, it's a good idea. i don't care because i'm already on the list if for no other reason than i saw the post before x many others....lets not take the club mentality so seriously (thats directed at the people who don't like the idea of a club).

i didn't ask to be in wang, capo or pie because i didn't start posting here until long after they were established and didn't feel it was my place to be likin' pie etc. but i also didn't espouse that opinion and therby possibly bring others down off thier pie high.

i personally do feel it's my place to be dur. i have been involved in helping players my whole paintball life. i've been head ref at and helped build two fields over 15 years and am involved in helping the owners of another at this time. i did it before as a way to get paint and cool stuff and to help others, i'm a giving guy....now i do it because i love it. theres mpre, but i'm not a self horn blower....deeds, not words.

i love this game, i met my best friends doing this. i like it when kids go on the field, have a blast and show up later on as a walk on w/ their very own stuff.

i love it when a kid looks at my ancient annihilater and tells me "thats a tight gun" (modern day kidspeak) and asks me questions about it and is interested in what i say.
here i am, a 39 year old gray haired chubby guy holding the attention of a 13 year old kid that isn't as old as the gun we're talking about.

they learn history from me. names like macmillan, how many hear know that name?

i am dur because i did what the creed says before there was a creed. thats "paintball attitude" as a new friend recently told me. help, encourage, don't argue, don't bash. give honest opinons. play fair and play safe (homage to sparky).

rant over, thanks.
(battoning the hatches now....)

Kraemer
07-22-2003, 05:19 PM
I now understand thanx for clearing it up...yes I def don't buy into the hype...but no big drops for me..lol

AutomagRT1483
07-22-2003, 05:36 PM
This is interesting.:)

breg
07-22-2003, 05:55 PM
Well put.

Star_Base_CGI
07-22-2003, 06:07 PM
Someone said Tom is such a good guy, he would probably invite all the members to the Chuff compound to live.

I said well, if we all went to live at the compound, we could have jobs and make mags and sell them for $100 a piece.

So Id say Imagine if it was like 20 differnt kinds of mags and they all cost $100 a piece like spyders and they were made in America... Mags of all differnt colors and sizes.

But of course that will never happen.

If it did though, Id say it should be about making things better, grass roots, like Henry Ford. Cheap mass industrialism cheap and well made that everyone can afford to play paintball. Little kids playing paintball in school. No more fat kids.

Just my 2 cents worth.

07-22-2003, 06:13 PM
Word. :D

Chuff Chuff

ICOM
07-22-2003, 06:23 PM
Very well put, i hope everyone reads and understands the meaning of the revy.

smilestyler
07-22-2003, 06:26 PM
I agree with Lee, the 'revolution' existed long before anyone named it. I believe it was Shartley who said he already belonged to AO, and that was enough (sorry if I misquoted). Most people on AO are anti-hype, are always helpful, use various other markers without prejudice, and in general are very benificial to our sport. Not all forums create a friendly 'community' as here. I am proud that revolution mentality exists here, and wether your name is on some list or not I believe most people share the same 'revolution' belief that Tom K. is speaking about.

Clockwork_Orange
07-22-2003, 06:56 PM
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/CHUD/11.gif
Believe me, the last thing anyone would want to do is disrespect Das UnterMag Revolution, creed and way of life! I dare those to chuff with us...

DiRTyBuNNy
07-22-2003, 07:01 PM
Tom...don't tell me you're gonna try to sell us on the Crown Point barrels again...

rjvemt1
07-22-2003, 07:26 PM
i hope this doesnt get me banned or black-balled or whatever but i just have to say this, i bought my first mag in '93 and have had 4 since then, they are a fine, quality product produced and supported by a very customer-oriented bussinesman and company. i met tom in dallas this year and he is the same in person as he is in bussiness, honest and upstanding and genuinely concerned about customer satisfaction, with an attentive ear for customer concerns and complaints.

but this is where i am probably gonna piss off a lot of AOers and maybe even tom but this is what i have to say; COME UP FOR AIR FOLKS, JEEEZ! its just a game! its just a product line! allbeit a great product line and a great game but nonetheless, just a product line and just a game!

if you need pb to help you define your personal code of conduct then so be it! just dont blindly, mindlessly follow this crowd either! or, this whole thing could just be a joke and i am the only one who didnt get, i could be wrong.
;)

Clockwork_Orange
07-22-2003, 08:17 PM
For some, I don't think it's a way of maintaining personal conduct, but an overall conclusion that we agree upon. Knowing that living a robotic life style and having a one track mind is a part of societies norm and I'm sure that organizing such a group...regardless if it's for fun or not, can give people a reality check and seperate them from the norm.

Those that are different are put in the category of outcasts, this does not make one a follower or someone negative, but someone who is willing to venture off and discover on there own. That's what Das UnterMag Revolution represents; people down for the cause of helping others, learning and being there own individual.

-Peace

Carbon
07-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Tom you must be psychic or something. Cause thats exactly what i thought. Man i wish i had better writing skills.

Me fail english? Thats unpossible.

XVFrontplayer
07-22-2003, 10:37 PM
TOM im imprest. well put(tear)...it was right to the point dasuntermagrev. forever!

Jerhew
07-22-2003, 11:38 PM
to put this simply
it's not that paintball or this particular product line defines who we are...
it's just the opposite...
who we are defines our tastes, interests...and yes
whether or not we follow the herd...or not
what Tom is saying is, sure it started off as being a silly club but it is what we make it..
if we make it a stupid club then that's what it will be...however... if we actually all carry these similar beliefs and put a little bit of pride into it...then it can be more...it can truly be a revolution!

viva la resistance

rjvemt1
07-22-2003, 11:41 PM
all i am sayin is this, whenever i see a player at the field shootin an old beat up mag i see a fellow player who isnt concerned about following the crowd or fitting in with the group either, but when i look around this thread all i see are mag-shooters fallin all over each other tryin to get into this club or follow that revolution or be part of some group. i guess i am just alittle disappointed.

i still shoot mags because i dont feel an overwhelming urge to follow the herd, whether its the herd out on the feild OR the herd here at AO. i dont know, whatever.

Tyger
07-23-2003, 02:39 AM
boiled down, look below.

-Tyger

Mutilus
07-23-2003, 07:21 AM
DUR for the player, by the player united under on red star... Chuff Chuff!

Dave
07-23-2003, 07:49 AM
I have been watching the development of this for a while...I was tempted to join in on the club early on...but I'm particular about this stuff, and don't just join cause its cool and get all caught up in it. Then I saw Tom advocating it and took more of an interest.

Thing is, I've been a mag user for a few years now, have 3 mags, and all the people I paintball w/ know what my story is, and know me as kind of the 'tech' guy of our team since owning a mag has taught me to be mechanically inclined...and people asking me to work on their markers, etc. I've also taken a LOT of heat for owning a mag, so I know what thats like. This club is a good idea, since I know the priciples Tom outlined for the club match up w/ my philosophy regarding mags...that I was one of the few from the small slice of the pie (so to speak) that actually did research and had my purchasing decisions based on my own observations and findings (back in the level 7 days)...and what is keeping my from this club is people who think its a joke with going around spouting off of 'chuff chuff' every chance they get, and wanting to make t-shirts and stickers and stuff....??? It's supposed to be an underground club right? 'Chuff Chuff' shouldn't be some loosely tossed around phrase for you to let everyone know that your in some secret club. It should actually be something that is hardly ever heard, but widely understood and acknowledged throughout the group. I mean its cool to have a logo, maybe put it on your hopper, or maybe a secretive red start in a black circle w/ no description on a t-shirt...but come guys! Lets not just be like...we now have a club, lets make a bunch of merch. and announce it to the world.

I think the club is a good idea...but it is a magnet just for those who are looking to jump on some kind of bandwagon so they can say they belong to a secretive club and whatnot.(not talking about all the members here) Again, I believe the club is a good idea, actually an excellent idea, but I'm not going to just 'jump on the bandwagon' just to do it...I'm going to give it a little time...if I can see all the members doing what Tom posted as guidlines, and taking it seriously, you'll see me signing up fairly soon:)

Just my opinions on the matter.

-Dave

Riotz
07-23-2003, 09:34 AM
That's it. I'm shooting a cocker.

Thordic
07-23-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Riotz

Hahahaha. :)

wyn1370
07-23-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Riotz
I'm with you
just bought one

boggerman
07-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Like Dave, I have been watching this since the beginning. I feel that I play and interact with other players in a way that represents the spirit of the revolution, and always have. But do not look for my name on a list or a logo in my sig, as you will not find it.

Oh yea, and I do shoot a cocker, for the very reasons Tom talked about in the first post of this thread.

RRfireblade
07-23-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by boggerman
I feel that I play and interact with other players in a way that represents the spirit of the revolution, and always have. But do not look for my name on a list or a logo in my sig, as you will not find it.

That's the whole point,you don't sign up or join it you LIVE it.If you feel the need to JOIN then you missed the whole point.Subtle and Sweet.

Jay.

You can't find the Revolution,it must find you.......

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
07-23-2003, 10:04 PM
Ao is now officially a cult, but what the hell i'm in

ocelot213
07-24-2003, 12:59 AM
Being a tribesmen also puts me outside the norm of pball so i can relate to the D.U.R. movement albeit i do not own a mag(but i'm working on that ;) ). I have a favorite expression for the ideas you all are talking about here " give a penny, take a penny"(thank you 7-11 and your oh-so sweet go-go taquitos) meaning u give a little help, and u get a little help or maybe even alot of help, but the point is, you GAVE, not just recieved. So i feel i've lived the creed without knowing it and that is why I placed the logo in my sig.

-0cel0t213

Catch22
07-24-2003, 01:17 AM
Just buy a level ten and Kick the butts of other paintball players with no chops and unmistakable accuracy. now THAT my friends is a revolution.

breg
07-24-2003, 09:21 PM
Das Untermags, Chuff Chuff.
Hmm, how do we define it? Is it another stupid little clan on AO? Is it something else? Is it what we make it?

I'll tell you what it is to me.

To me it's about playing and living. Playing you arse off and playing intelligently. By this I mean that playing with an abscence of hype, an abscence of herd mentality, an abscence of oerjudgice toward any player regarless of expierence or marker they are shooting. It's about bettering the sport through example. In my eyes, bettering the sport should be the ultimate goal of any player.
It's about making the playing expierence better for all players, espically the new players. Like it or not they are the future of our soprt.
It's about seeing the truth behind a marker and making a decision based on what you want from a gun not what you have heard.
It's about not listening to the things that you know are not true.
Take these things and aplly them to everything in life.

WARPED1
07-27-2003, 07:57 PM
Ok, AGD has finally lost all respect with this revolution crap(pie revolution is just a fun gag, whoever takes it seriously needs a good slap), glad I left when I did. I said I'd come back to see if there was any intelligent posts, there were none. Grow up mag users.

gibby
07-28-2003, 08:54 PM
Whoah Jim...clam down some! Yes, it's been a long time since I saw a post by you. I didn't realize you left the forum for a while. Anyway, when things at work slows down some, I'll log onto AIM and you and I can catch up with each other. :)

I think just like your pie thing, TK is having a little fun that's all.

AGD
07-28-2003, 10:03 PM
Humm... there must be intelligent life out there somewhere....

AGD

Jerhew
07-29-2003, 12:17 AM
...intelligent fun :D

the whole concept of a revolution is really exciting and fun... except of course for the bloodshed that's usually associated with it:(

Star_Base_CGI
07-29-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Humm... there must be intelligent life out there somewhere....

AGD

Life form scans no inteligent life on the surface below Captain Tom.

BTAutoMag
07-29-2003, 05:47 PM
uhhhhhhh?

someone who knows latin please put that into idiots terms for me

Sir_Brass
12-23-2003, 09:31 AM
So, let me get this straight: Das Untermags Revolution is about playing pball your way for your own reasons, not simply because it's what everyone else is doing? As in, promoting the revolution of intelligent thought in the sport? If so, then I am a part of DUR, and have been since the beginning, I just never knew it before.

FYI, I shoot a PPS Blazer because it's made by a company with a solid reputation and my research turned up nothing bad about it. I bought it because I felt it was the marker for me. I was right, and I continue to improve with it. It's not all that popular, but I don't care. It works for me, and it works for my style of play. My sniper is the same way: I got it due to performance and preference, not because I was following the crowd.

Proud to be part of DUR!
~Sir Brass, now a knight of DUR :p

Exedius
08-01-2004, 09:37 PM
The Revy seems to me alot like Bruce Lee`s, Jeet Kune Do. Its like having No Way as Way but Your Own Way. :cheers:

StormSurge
08-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Am I the only one who sees the irony in pulling away from the group..... then joining the "revolution" which is JUST ANOTHER GROUP.....

find your own path(s)...geez...

ZEROorDIE
08-23-2004, 07:01 PM
im with the guy above me. just play paintball for the love eof the game. when i play a game or sport for the first time i will know imediatly if the game is for me. this hapened 8 yeaars ago when i started skateboarding(when it wasnt cool) a few years later there was a big boom with skateboards. every one bougt one. i still skate today. the first time i played paintball i felt the same exilarating feeling as when i started skateboarding. i will continue them both because i love them and i dont care what other people think about them. i wouldnt ever join a group because the way the group thinks affect the way you think which i think deafeats the purpose of having a group in the first place.

just do it because you want to not becuase someone else wants you to

The Action Figure
11-07-2004, 07:45 AM
ummm yeah

LittlePaintballBoy
11-09-2004, 08:25 AM
This thread was like a year old from the last post, why did you feel the need to bring it baxk with something that had already been mentioned?

RedderHokes
06-10-2011, 11:33 PM
lmao so how'd that revolution go?

Ando
06-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Still going strong

my automag
07-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Stronger every day. :cheers:

If only it was world wide...

Spider-TW
07-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Stronger every day. :cheers:

If only it was world wide...

There's a few across northern and eastern europe, as well as the UK.

:headbang: