PDA

View Full Version : X valve or barrel kit

Lohman446
07-22-2003, 05:41 PM
Ok... my next months paintball purchase will either be an X-valve or an Evil pipe kit

Currently I am shooting a classic mag with ULE body - both my guns are mechanical mags and I seldom short stroke - though it has been known to happen. I play between three fields (shooting Draxus and Marbilizer out of my .689 CP barrel). So, where does my money go next month - looking for opinions.

punkcmonkiez
07-22-2003, 06:03 PM
well if you dont have an rt
id get the xvalve

Pvt.Opium
07-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Yes. If you do not have a RT Valve then X Would be the smarter way to go.

TheTramp
07-22-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by punkcmonkiez
well if you dont have an rt
id get the xvalve

My thoughts exactly.

Lone Brain Cell
07-22-2003, 08:07 PM
Does the x valve fit the ule body??

BajaBoy
07-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Lone Brain Cell
Does the x valve fit the ule body??

yes

*ArKfEaR*
07-23-2003, 12:11 AM
Get the barrel kit first...

I recommend a freak, cause why would you need all that speed if the balls are going to be flying all over the place.

RTGuy86
07-23-2003, 12:15 AM
X valve all the way.

oh and ARK only get a FREAK if it is used so you dont support those Paintball Nazi's of a company SP

Pvt.Opium
07-23-2003, 09:29 AM
Hey What ever happened to srpray and pray? :) No but what barrel do you have right now Lohman? Im sure it can be that inaccurate

jrawlinson_2000
07-23-2003, 09:47 AM
Don't buy a Freak system, the machining of the inserts is not very good! they are suposed to have a shamfer but some do, some only have half, some don't, the size is inconsistant, IE a ball will be a good fit, then you put it through a smaller size and hay guess what the same ball drops through!!!

I'm selling and either getting an Emripe 10 piece kit or Armson SSR

SG Avenger
07-23-2003, 09:58 AM
Definatly get an X-valve, it'll bring on a new love and understanding of your MAG.

It fits the ULE body like a dream. Too bad the colored valves are not out yet, if you wait a bit longer you can get a colored valve to match/accentuate your ULE body.

sk8bordr706
07-23-2003, 01:22 PM
get the x valve , its like gettin a whole new gun.

Lohman446
07-23-2003, 04:53 PM
I would not buy a freak for quality reasons - I am rough on equipment and those inserts... are well fragile.

If I get a barrel kit its going to be an EVIL PIPE

Currently I shoot a CP barrel - .689 and I am satisfied with my accuracy with marbilizers - though I feel it could be better.

I seldom chop paint, but it is very annoying when you do and it basically takes you out of the game...

hmmm... so Im leaning towards the X valve it appears

Ityl
07-23-2003, 09:47 PM
I'd go barrel kit. X valve is more of a finishing touch to a mag. You already have a valve, but you don't have a barrel kit.

-Carnifex-
07-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Go for a Pipe.

breg
07-23-2003, 10:42 PM
By the way, are you running on compressed air? If you get an X Valve, you have to run compresed air.

*ArKfEaR*
07-24-2003, 03:46 AM
My freak worked fine for me.

Nazi's or not its a damn good barrel.

If you want just get the inserts and case and get a hourglass style back with boomstick tip from www.whitewolfairsmithing.com

:)

kosmo
07-24-2003, 07:27 AM
For most people, barrel kits are a fad, and an unnecessary one at that. If you go from tourney to tourney and shoot all sorts of paint, then go for a 7 or 10 piece barrel kit. But if you only play with 2 different kinds of paint, you dont need that much. Besides, you can get 2 more CP barrels, i.e. a .687 and a .691 for only like 80 bucks together and it should completely cover what you need. But a retro/x valve completely makes your mag a new gun. IMO definately get the X and wait on the barrel kit until you actually need one.

GoatBoy
07-24-2003, 05:16 PM
I like the way people give advice without asking the person some somewhat relevant questions first.

Regardless...

Multipiece barrels are bunk. Barrel bore sizing fetishes are also bunk.

Chopping paint doesn't necessarily take you out of a game... Unless you're shooting a POS multipiece and/or heavily ported barrel, which are damn near impossible to shoot clean, thanks to the seams and porting. I like the way this industry causes problems for its players, then concocts more schemes to extract more money out of them to solve these problems. Two good, lightly ported, different ID 1-piece barrels will do you just fine.

Nazi's or not, it's damn good marketing fluff.

X-Valves are good if you really shoot fast. Like if you go more than 10bps. Bust out the microphone and a WAV editor and measure how fast you really shoot. The level 10 will help, but chopping a ball now and then isn't fatal, and probably isn't that common at low rates of fire and a decent hopper. A reactive trigger can be nice if you're really shooting fast as well.

I say you should investigate all these things first, and maybe try someone's x-valve out first before spending that hard earned money.

Jerhew
07-24-2003, 05:41 PM
ya i'd get the xvalve and pic up 2 more cp barrels...
there is no reason in the world to have 7 inserts/backs...
paint is just too inconsistant to have to have bores .002 apart...
all you need is a small bore, mid bore and large bore barrel
the x-valve will change your life!
don't believe anyone who says otherwise :)

Lohman446
07-26-2003, 04:23 PM
I settled on the X-valve - I walked into my local field last week and the owner had an unopened X-valve he had no use for - when I asked him about a price today on it and I told him what it was worth he gave it to me for $100 less than I expected to pay - making it pretty easy - I wasn't sure if I was going to have enough money for one, but I did - wohoo. Put it in gun, pulled trigger - counted shims (the level 10 disc confused me) and decided the level ten must already be installed, put squeegie in, pulled trigger, worked like a charm. I LOVE IT

SIGSays
07-26-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by sk8bordr706
get the x valve , its like gettin a whole new gun.

amen!

Jerhew
07-27-2003, 04:12 PM
oh ya
and now you're in position to get the ul trigger when it comes out
:D

Ryknow
07-27-2003, 11:19 PM
X-valve

then an equation or scepter kit.