PDA

View Full Version : Emag electronics won't work?!

Eagle
07-23-2003, 10:29 AM
Last night the electronics in my Emag worked fine. I took upper part of the gun apart, never delving into the electronics, to re-glue the magnet into the upper part of the trigger. I reassembled the whole thing this morning only to have the electronics not light up. Normally you can hear the electronics firing, but I get no indication that it is working. I charged the battery last night before I used it last night, I tried charging it some more this morning when it didn't work. The battery and electronics all appear in good condition. I don't have a multimeter here, so I can't start checking anything out, and even if I did, I really wouldn't know what I'm doing. I don't have any air at the moment, but I assume manual will still work, But I prefer electronic mode. Without it my Warp is useless. Any ideas? I really don't want to send it in if I don't have to.

gibby
07-23-2003, 10:33 AM
Hrm...I'm sure you've done this already but it wouldn't hurt to ask...did you try checking the wire connections? Maybe something got disconnected during the process of taking it apart and putting it back together?

Dayspring
07-23-2003, 10:36 AM
Did we try taking this into the tech forum where it belongs?

ANYWAY- try turning the electronics on. If you get garbled characters, back the trigger magnet off a bit. It means that the HES is getting a signal while it's booting up and the magnet is too close.

Eagle
07-23-2003, 10:50 AM
yeah, I cheched the wires, nothing was off. And the magnet I worked was the one on top, that allows it to return, not the one that works the Hall Effect.

jeffremiller
07-23-2003, 11:17 AM
I wonder if the top magnet is sticking up farthur than before... That could cause the hall to trip. If the trigger is tripped the board won't boot.

Might try unplugging the HE and turning it on to test that theory.

Just my $0.02

J_

epterry
07-23-2003, 11:28 AM
If you hit the buttons does it show info?:cool:

Eagle
07-23-2003, 12:13 PM
I don't think the magnet is sticking up to far, it was, but that prevented me from being able to flip the mode switch, so I took the trigger back off and filed the magnet down to eliminate that problem. I'll try removing the trigger all together and see what that does, but I doubt that's the problem. And yes, I've tried ushing the buttons, and nothing happens.