PDA

View Full Version : Is My Gun good For A Begginer?

KornKamp02
07-23-2003, 04:20 PM
Ok this is my first gun and I just got it and a friend of mine that has played for some time reccommended it for me.

Mokal Fokus Black (http://www.actionvillage.com/015-7816.html) I upgraded to a 12oz. tank. I added a barrel plug, gun oil, and paintballs.

BajaBoy
07-23-2003, 04:33 PM
any gun is good if your just starting out.

KornKamp02
07-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Yeah but, did I get everything I needed?

Johnny_Reb
07-23-2003, 04:37 PM
Yeah but, did I get everything I needed? Ya, and for a begginer you must know alot about paintball, since you hate SP.;)

Good Luck and I hope you enjoy paintball as much as we do.

Ov3rmind
07-23-2003, 04:39 PM
Yeah, you got everything you need. One thing to remember is, investing in a good mask always pays off, don't skimp on that even if it is your first one. Just remember to play safe and have fun!

KornKamp02
07-23-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Johnny_Reb
Ya, and for a begginer you must know alot about paintball, since you hate SP.;)

Good Luck and I hope you enjoy paintball as much as we do. Cool thanks! I do know alot. I have been researching the game for awhile and have even refed one of my friends games. I've just never gone nor been hit. Wait, are you from the WOTC boards aswell?

KornKamp02
07-23-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind
Yeah, you got everything you need. One thing to remember is, investing in a good mask always pays off, don't skimp on that even if it is your first one. Just remember to play safe and have fun! So the mask I bought isn't to good? Should I get a different one?

NJPaint
07-23-2003, 04:58 PM
Yeah, you got everything you need. One thing to remember is, investing in a good mask always pays off, don't skimp on that even if it is your first one. Just remember to play safe and have fun!

nothing could be said more true. You can have a great time with rental guns, so long as you have your own mask, its key,.

Ov3rmind
07-23-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by KornKamp02
So the mask I bought isn't to good? Should I get a different one?
You should be OK with it, but honestly you would be much more comfortable playing in a JT or V-Force mask (I'd highly recommend a V-Force Shield). Nothing is more important that a comfy mask that doesn't fog on you, the added quality and generally better range of vision of higher end masks also doesn't hurt. It's your decision though, but personally I'd look into a nice mask as your next paintball purchase.

KornKamp02
07-23-2003, 09:05 PM

You should be OK with it, but honestly you would be much more comfortable playing in a JT or V-Force mask (I'd highly recommend a V-Force Shield). Nothing is more important that a comfy mask that doesn't fog on you, the added quality and generally better range of vision of higher end masks also doesn't hurt. It's your decision though, but personally I'd look into a nice mask as your next paintball purchase. Cool I'll look into that. I have some spare cash that I would be willing to invest into a better mask.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
07-23-2003, 10:11 PM
definitly a good mask is needed get a higher v-force or a jt proteus, flex, or proflex, cuz if u cant see u cant play