PDA

View Full Version : VForce masks?

robertjuric
07-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Hey, Ive got a proflex mask, but Ive started to look at the V-Force masks, they look nice, and seem to have a wider field of vision. but im not sure on the "levels" of them, which are the nicer ones? Or what would you suggest?

Tron
07-23-2003, 07:39 PM
Shields are nice but the morph is the most expensive therefore the best. :D

Spray Painter
07-23-2003, 07:42 PM
the lenses on v-force masks are really easy to remove so it makes cleaning so much easier. They are a bigger mask so if you want something small like an invision this isn't it. as said before, morph is the best and most expencive.

Carbon
07-23-2003, 07:48 PM
Heres a quick rundown of the differt kinds. They all feature the quick change lens system, and all have a very, very good anti fog coating on the lenses.

V-force armor: Inexpensive. Closed cell foam padding. Common among rental fields. Non asphesrical lens. so your "view" is slightly distorted. One piece construction.

Shield: Mid range. Open cell foam padding. More comfortable. Multi piece construction. Hard facemask with soft sides, soft throat protector, and a quick release buckle. Spherical lenses for grea field of view.

Morph: Hig end. Same as the Shield but has a flexible lower mask area.

Load SM5
07-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Well, I wear a Morph so if you make it to the field this weekend......hint, hint:D

robertjuric
07-23-2003, 07:51 PM
Woah thanx perfect, just what I was looking for. Ill prob get a morph, I like the flexy stuff on my proflex.

spantol
07-23-2003, 08:29 PM
You'll love the Morph, but if you're not in a hurry, you might want to wait for the new VForce Profiler. Looks to have the same kind of flexible lower half as the Morph, but in a much tighter profile. I've no idea on the ETA or price, though.

KamikazeChiKenz
07-23-2003, 09:02 PM
I love my morph and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Ov3rmind
07-23-2003, 09:22 PM
I love my Morph to death, but will most likely end up buying a Profiler when it comes out.

robertjuric
07-23-2003, 11:03 PM
ahhh Load, I wanna go play soo bad. But still not sure, Ill let you know friday, but my dad said, if not this weekend, next weekend Ill be able to go play definetly.

Anyways, any clue when this profiler is supposed to come out? It might fit in my schedule fine. I like my proflex. but the way the ears are connected to the mask isnt my biggest love of it.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-23-2003, 11:09 PM
knowing paintball and the way it works..I'd guess WC for the profiler...and what do you know..I'll be there...so I'll definitely be picking one up if they come out then..

robertjuric
07-23-2003, 11:21 PM
errrr I soo wanted to goto WC, but noooo, my parents had to be parents...sheesh what are they thinking?

DiRTyBuNNy
07-23-2003, 11:27 PM
um...well..i'm 26...and I'm taking vacation time to go to WC..so I get paid to go to the FL...

robertjuric
07-23-2003, 11:45 PM
oh well im 16, and this isnt fair!!

kosmo
07-24-2003, 08:31 AM
Oh gee, I wanted to go to WC too, but the Army said no. And then they sent me half way around the world away from my friends, family, and any decent paintball field; told me I couldnt be off post at night, cant go farther away than the nearest little ghetto town without a pass, tried to take away my paintball guns, and they told me I have to be happy about it. So hows that for fair? Cherish your freedom, child. You know not what unfair is.

Anyway, VForce goggles are the shiznit. If you can wait a little longer, either wait for the profiler to come out to get that, or just wait for it to come out so morphs get a lot cheaper. If youre like me and your ears stick out farther than an elf's, the smaller profile masks dont work too well and a morph would be the best way to go anyway.

p.s. At least Im not in Iraq :rolleyes:

robertjuric
07-24-2003, 09:41 AM
Id love to be in the military. Im hoping to get an ROTC scholarship to goto college. If not Im just going to enlist probablly.

JT2002
07-24-2003, 01:17 PM
and dont forget, if you spend a little more for the morph mirror like i did, you will not only get anormal clear lens, but you will also get a kick a$$ mirror tinted lens, thats 2 different lenses

BarryTolar
07-24-2003, 01:34 PM
Once you've played in spherical lenses you WILL NOT want to play in anything else. The flat lens that JT uses doesn't compare and neither does the Invision lens.

Barry

FooTemps
07-24-2003, 01:36 PM
The lenses on vforces are so much better than the invision or jt masks. I can see all the distortion in both of them. The v-force is also very comfy, but... no mask can fit my glasses properly! lol

robertjuric
07-24-2003, 01:36 PM
cool, thanx for all the input. Ill have to try load's mask when I go play next.

Splat
07-24-2003, 03:30 PM
buy a proteus!!! ;)

JT2002
07-24-2003, 09:25 PM
^^^^^- just another jt. Vfoce all teh way baby!

BarryTolar
07-24-2003, 10:41 PM
FooTemps,

You have trouble with your glasses in Vforce masks ?

I don't wear then anymore(Although I used to and Vforces were the only masks I could wear without fog problems) but both the guys that I play with that do haven't seemed to have any problems when in Vforces.

Ahh well I recon everybody's different :)

Barry