PDA

View Full Version : Automag Videos online! (part Deux!)

warpfeedmod
07-23-2003, 08:19 PM
Okay, so as you all may have seen or read, the rtpro video is online here:

http://www.theshadowwalkers.com/Paintball/rtvid.wmv

your best bet since it's a 50 meg file is to right-click and do a save-as.

I have just added the emag video, much better quality, done in DiVX format (www.divx.com for the player/codecs) and this one is approx 80 megabytes.

http://www.theshadowwalkers.com/Paintball/agdemag.avi

again right-click and do a save-as.

I'm working on something with the Classic video, it's just that it's over an hour long and gets to be pretty big.

Enjoy! I told you I'd get it done!

Any questions/problems let me know.

RT/RTPro Video = 40 megabytes (40,000,000)
Emag Video = 80 megabytes (80,000,000)

GatoLoco
07-23-2003, 08:57 PM
lol I love how a random arm hands her the barrel in the rt video. The vids are great, thank you

Animal Mother
07-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the videos! Nice server you have it on, transferring at a good rate.

You were talking about putting them on VCD.. VCD's are a pain to get to work in most DVD players. Why not put them on DVD's?

I have a DVD burner myself, I buy my blank DVD's in bulk for about 70 cents per disk. I got my DVD-RW for around $200 (along with my Netflix membership, hehe).

Halliday
07-23-2003, 09:11 PM
Thanks a bunch!

GatoLoco
07-23-2003, 09:20 PM
GAAAAAAAAAA the emag video has no picture! I dunno what the problem is, could you put it in a different format maybe? GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnoooooooooooooo

schiesz
07-23-2003, 09:52 PM
If you have no picture, you might try downloading the codec before making a big deal about it.

EsPo
07-23-2003, 10:00 PM
the automag RT has a trigger pull of a MERE 8 pounds...

ololololololo

look how far you've made it tom.. 8oz on the emag :tears in eye:

Star_Base_CGI
07-23-2003, 10:01 PM
Here is the label I made and I guess I will make a combo label or a label for the EMAG.

GatoLoco
07-23-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by schiesz
If you have no picture, you might try downloading the codec before making a big deal about it.

Sorry, when it comes to computers, I'm just like danny devito playing basketball. What is codec, and where do I download it?

schiesz
07-23-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by GatoLoco

What is codec, and where do I download it?

I think it stands for COder/DECoder, but the download link is in the original post.

Jack & Coke
07-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Thanks!

BTW, the EMAG video has about 4-5 minutes of dead space at the end...

GatoLoco
07-23-2003, 10:48 PM
thanks scheisz

FalconGuy016
07-23-2003, 10:53 PM
Wow, those are about a billion times better than the level 7 video :)

Star_Base_CGI
07-23-2003, 11:32 PM
CHUFF CHUFF

Star_Base_CGI
07-23-2003, 11:36 PM
Chuff CHuff

I would really appreciate it if someone printed me some of these labels... Escpecially if they are printing some for themselves.

Skoad
07-23-2003, 11:42 PM
looks like someone just found out what filters are!

just because someone owns photoshop doesn't mean they know how to use it.

oh wait... you used paint shop pro? i won't even comment

Star_Base_CGI
07-23-2003, 11:51 PM
Did someone say something?

Heebs
07-24-2003, 01:56 AM
Wow, really informative vid. I want an emag now...

Heebs

warpfeedmod
07-24-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
Thanks!

BTW, the EMAG video has about 4-5 minutes of dead space at the end...

YEah I noticed that after I had finished recording it heh. I'll see if I can edit it out and re-upload it to the server :)

As to the VCD/DVD question, I've been working on a DVD layout and have it setup on my machine, I just need to burn it to a DVD. I Was going to make one and maybe send it to Tom so he can take a look at it. I Was trying to see if I could get all three videos on to a single medium..

After looking at the emag vid and the rt vid, I think I might end up re-doing the rtvid as the quality isn't that great compared to the emag one

edit: Oh yeah Starbase, you can go buy those label kits from like best buy or an office store, only like $30 and you get the labels, application tool and softwaere usually. Neato makes it, Stomper, Avery, theres a bunch out there.

cledford
07-24-2003, 06:43 AM
warpfeedmod,

If I send you the Auto Response Trigger Fame video - would you convert and post it? It has some AWESOME old school footage and is a real treat for those interested in such stuff.

I would need it back once you captured the material. Send me a PM...

-Calvin

warpfeedmod
07-24-2003, 09:16 PM
update 7/24/03: I'm working on re-making the RT/RTPro video as well as the Classic in the same DiVX format that I used on the emag here as well as the same quality. I've had lots of compliments about the emag one and questions regarding VCD/DVD. I've been working on a DVD and have a layout setup on my machine although I don't actually have a hard DVD burned yet.
As far as charging for them, heck no. It's not mine to charge for. I got Toms blessing to do this a while back (post them online for people to download) and I'm not gaining anything off of this. I did this for the community and for all of you who have asked for it in the past. I know recently they had said that they won't give away the tapes anymore so I don't know if they will allow me to keep these files out there. The way I see it is you're all sort of "paying" for it considering you have to download them and wait for them to finish.

At any rate I'll keep working on the classic and rt/rtpro video and after that I'll probably work on breaking them down into smaller parts for the dial-uppers..

If theres any questions/comments/suggestions please feel free to let me know. Back to the top for the night.

robertjuric
07-24-2003, 10:35 PM
Were you going to sell these? Or were the labels there just
for anyone who wanted to d/l them and burn them themselves??

I really need a multimedia pc, 300mhz aint cuttin it.

Star_Base_CGI
07-24-2003, 11:22 PM
I made the labels. Their totaly free. If someone would like to mail me some labels I would love it because I dont have a printer. I do have a stomper.

Print some labels. If you want to make a VCD you need the latest version of NERO.

Get the codec from. http://www.divx.com/

Warp Feed Mod coverted the digital format from tapes.

robertjuric
07-24-2003, 11:34 PM
sorry Im not up on VCDs. Are they playable on DVD players? Can I burn them w/ a regular cd burner? I might could print some off and mail them to you, but theyd prob turn out not as nice, you made them really graphic intensive(but still good looking), and we dont have a top of the line printer, just a hp deskjet 3820, if you still want me to though, lmk tonight b/c im goin to the post office tomorrow.

robertjuric
07-24-2003, 11:57 PM
hey how would I make a vcd?

i got a general outline from somewhere online, but do I take this video file from here, then convert it to the type of media I want to burn it to. or is it already converted to a certain type of media?

like would i still be able to take either of the files and convert them to vcd, or maybe svcd, or even dvd if I wanted to do it myself?

warpfeedmod
07-25-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by robertjuric
hey how would I make a vcd?

i got a general outline from somewhere online, but do I take this video file from here, then convert it to the type of media I want to burn it to. or is it already converted to a certain type of media?

like would i still be able to take either of the files and convert them to vcd, or maybe svcd, or even dvd if I wanted to do it myself?

In order to make the VCDs you'ld need to convert from DiVX to MPG as I don't know offhand if some of the popular burning programs out there support use of DiVX in VCD format. Check out http://www.dvdrhelp.com/ I believe they have a tutorial on creating VCD/DVD discs. And to answer the other quesiton, I did NOT make those labels, StarBase did, anyone with a stomper and labels should be able to grab the image and make their own. I'm content with the file on my harddrive or burnt to a CD and written on with a sharpie :)

robertjuric
07-25-2003, 08:10 AM
so the rtp movie isnt in divx format? only the emag??

Star_Base_CGI
07-25-2003, 09:26 AM
A VCD Video CD is exactly a CD in DVD format. They play in most DVD players.

You can make them with NERO and and the AVI add on in data format.

If you do not finalize the VCD you can add the rregular files in AVI format and they will play on a DVD or a computer.

WarpFeedMod the new AVI is good quality for a VCD or DVD. A TV only has 300-500 scan lines. So its perfect. I downloaded it over night on a 33 K DUN fine.

robertjuric
07-25-2003, 10:21 AM
ahh did some research myself.

Looks like VCDs are like VHS quality DVDs. But you have to encode the .wmv file(or whatever video source file) into a VCD .mpg before you can burn it. TMPGEnc, is a good encoder. Im encoding the RTPro movie now, and on my computer, its slow as christmas, its taking about an 1 1/2 hours. Then Ill prob use EZCD Creator to burn it.
You could take that file, and encode it to whatever format you want to burn it, VCD, SVCD, DVD, whatever, then you burn it. Or thats what the guides at vcdhelp.com said.

warpfeedmod
07-25-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by robertjuric
so the rtp movie isnt in divx format? only the emag??

correct, at the time I made the RTP video I was just doing it to get it done, now that I've messed with the DiVX format I have it preset so all I have to do is re-record the video in DiVX format :)

robertjuric
07-25-2003, 03:44 PM
sweeet, I just burned the RT Pro one to a cd and am watching it in my DVD player now!!

BUT, video quality, well sucks. And at the beginning, it cut off the intro up to the 1st warning. Then whent it was doing that little clip where the ball fires and hits the wall, that was moving super slow. But cant complain to much, it works.

l33tpaintballer
08-02-2003, 04:04 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

lack of grace
08-02-2003, 11:17 AM
Just wanted to say word and thanks! ;)

schiesz
10-29-2003, 10:50 PM
Any word on the classic video?