PDA

View Full Version : Getting closer to fruition- Z-grip

CMDane
07-23-2003, 10:14 PM
Ok, after a lot of trial, error, hair pulling and a phone call to John at AGD, I finally have my Z-grip working on my RTP. According to John, stock RTP trigger rod length is 1.980", mine is at 1.953". Hey, it works and I'm not going to gripe about that.

However, to take the valve out, I have to take the mainbody off the rail. The on-off pin (which is a hair over .750") extends too far into the mainbody and prevents the valve from sliding out when just the field strip screw is removed.

If I lengthen the trigger rod, the rod rests directly against the trigger and the RTP doesn't fire. I can get the valve out, but that doesn't do me any good. With the rod as short as it is, I can shoot, but it's not a simple removal of the field strip screw to service the valve.

Anyone have any suggestions or run into something like this before? I'm not keen on the idea of machining out the mainbody to extend the on-off pin hole, nor do I like the idea of trying to dremel a "ramp" into the mainbody at that same hole.

Thanks in advance,
Charles

chizle97
07-23-2003, 10:31 PM
I think AGD sells diferent size on/off on pins.

CMDane
07-26-2003, 12:47 AM
I don't think it's the length of the on-off pin that's causing the problems, but how deep the sear is pushing the on-off pin.

Anyways, if I can get a solution to this before next weekend, that would be trey cool. Gotta have a smooth rig for the SoCal AO meet. :)

Charles