PDA

View Full Version : by it built or built it?

stondroopy
07-24-2003, 03:27 AM
well ive been thinking real hard about this and im stuck,sooo maybe you guys can help me out.Should I buy a stock mag and build as i go along or have someone build it all at once for me one with all the stuff i want on it?thnx for your thoughts :)

kosmo
07-24-2003, 08:05 AM
Buy it put together... Trust me, once you get the upgrade bug you cant stop upgrading. And theres not that much that can be upgraded on a mag. So youll never be satisfied, youll go from gun to gun to gun, and you lose a crapload of money. Buy one and stick with it.

But then again, thats like saying stay away from females because theyre evil. It may be true, but its not exactly avoidable. And tweaking and tinkering is half of the fun in paintball. Gaaaah, its a curse.

Flip a coin, youll regret it either way. Hence the phrase "damned if you do, damned if you dont"

athomas
07-24-2003, 08:17 AM
I've done it and a guy I know has done it. We upgraded to the point that we had an extra marker left over that could be built from the parts. That's just money wasted.

Determine what you want and buy/build it that way, or better yet, buy a used one with a configuration like you want.

Kevmaster
07-24-2003, 08:21 AM
from a COST point of view: Buy it built.

From a FUN point of view: build it. You'll have fun putting it together, and thne you'll have SOME idea how a mag works!

jdev
07-24-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
from a COST point of view: Buy it built.

From a FUN point of view: build it. You'll have fun putting it together, and thne you'll have SOME idea how a mag works!

*nods*

I agree with kev.

I got the tinker bug, and my mag, authentically dubbed 'bling crosby', now has a little over 800 into it.. *sigh*

its for sale..(under 800 :) ) please, someone take it away from me before I hurt myself. ;)

Tack
07-24-2003, 10:52 AM
What I did was a pretty good deal. I bought one that was slightly modified, so I didn't have to start from the basics. Then started adding to it. I then built a second mag from extra parts, sent that off and got it converted to an E-Mag, then started upgradeing my E-Mag. I have gotten to the point that there is nothing more I want to do to either of my mags (I got one of the new IT bodies and will be getting a new ULE type rail soon). Now I am starting to look towards the autocockers (I know I know, I have fallen:rolleyes: ) but I traded my Angel for a Vertibrate Cocker, added an Orracle front and some new stuff, now I have the bug so bad, I want to try my hand at custom building a cocker from scratch.

Like the others have said, if you have the resources, it is really fun to build your own marker, because you can call it your own. If you buy one that is already tricked out, you can take credit for finding a good deal, or haveing a nice gun, but can't take credit for building it. However, if you are short on cash, find one that you can afford, the more upgrades on it the better. If you feel you want to upgrade it even more, there are too many options to mention here.

Good luck with your decision. If you decided to build one, make sure you get it lookin good and post a pic of it here so we can marvel at it:cool:

GT
07-25-2003, 12:02 AM
I think its cheaper and more fun to build it.

jb

Pvt.Opium
07-26-2003, 01:25 PM
Well.... If you doing it for a hobby then build it, its cheaper. But if you looking for a gun just to play with and thats all, Buy it put together. Your prefferance.