PDA

View Full Version : air leaking out of velocity adjuster hole, plz help.

cold fire
07-24-2003, 08:24 AM
I can still shoot the gun, however, there is a great amount of air leaking out the rear velocity hole, i don't know what's going on. i have a a.i.r valve. Please help me out.

jdev
07-24-2003, 08:28 AM
i had this same problem this past weekend with my x-valve.

it would only be real quick.. like after I degassed, then re-gassed.. it would leak for a few seconds, not a constant thing.

on the same note, some grease did shoot out of the rear of the vale as well..

cold fire
07-24-2003, 08:32 AM
my leak is constant. how did you fix the leaking?

jdev
07-24-2003, 08:34 AM
not sure that I did anything actively to fix the leak on the valve itself.

I tightened my field strip screw, disconnected my quick disconnect (then reconnected), regassed and it just stopped on its own.

not sure what caused it in my case or yours, but would love to hear scenarios as to what causes this..

clerkout
07-24-2003, 08:57 AM
I am having the same problem right now as well. Ive tried everything and I still can't get it to stop leaking.

ChuckWag78
07-24-2003, 12:51 PM
It's one of two things.

First it may be your reg. seat needs to be replaced.

Second your regulator piston assembly needs a new O-ring.

Both the reg. seat and the oring are in a AGD parts kit

Nobody077
07-24-2003, 04:12 PM
Whats your velocity over a crono? You may just need to turn your gun down. If your shooting below 300fps then your regulator piston o-ring my need to be changed. http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=47&CATID=6
Or the acutal Regulator piston assambly may have gone bad.
http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=48&CATID=6
I would start with the o-ring though and clean all the patrs in the back half of the valve and lightly regrease with lithum grease before re-assambly

fire1811
07-24-2003, 04:33 PM
you need to chrono your gun like nobody said if its under 300 fps and leaking you will have to buy a new
regulartor piston
the new reg pistons are rated for more pressure to work better with the lvlX

tmnothing
07-25-2003, 10:16 AM
Also make sure that the reg seat is snapped into the little slot on the reg, and make sure it is not in backwards. It may not need replaced but just put back where it goes.