PDA

View Full Version : Sear Safety Problems

Remington
07-24-2003, 02:37 PM
I'm having some trouble with my sear safety: it's really hard to push into the on or off positions. Anyway. I originally tried squishing the safety spring together to see if it would make it any easier and it worked to a degree but was still hard to push. I ordered new safety springs and ball bearings and put them in and it's harder than it was before. :confused: :mad: I was thinking of snipping some of the spring off but came here instead to see if anyone had any solutions. Thanks for your help. :D

ignatz
07-25-2003, 09:00 AM
What type of marker? Emag right? If so, please describe how you're assembling the saftey spring, ball and button. A picture might be helpful as well.

Remington
07-25-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by ignatz
What type of marker? Emag right? If so, please describe how you're assembling the saftey spring, ball and button. A picture might be helpful as well.

An Emag, correct. All I'm doing is putting the spring in and then the ball bearing on top of the spring. I then slide the actual sear safety over both(looking from the back of the marker the red line on the safety is facing left). Anyway. I was thinking of sanding a little bit off the safety to see if it slides over the ball bearing better. I'll let you know how it goes.

warpfeedmod
07-25-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Remington

An Emag, correct. All I'm doing is putting the spring in and then the ball bearing on top of the spring. I then slide the actual sear safety over both(looking from the back of the marker the red line on the safety is facing left). Anyway. I was thinking of sanding a little bit off the safety to see if it slides over the ball bearing better. I'll let you know how it goes.

When I first got my emag it was the same way, I couldn't turn the safety off/on. I ended up sending it to AGD and they replaced the entire safety button and all.

I tried what you did too, cleaning it, squishing the spring, nothing seemed to work.

ignatz
07-25-2003, 12:54 PM
How well does the safety work with the sear removed? I'm wondering if its the ball and spring that causing the problem or if the sear is in the way.

Remington
07-25-2003, 08:11 PM
I fixed it. All I did was snip some of the spring off until it worked well enough for me. Thanks for the help guys.

ICOM
07-26-2003, 01:30 PM
I am having same problems but i dont see a spring or ball in my safety....

Remington
07-26-2003, 02:15 PM
Talking to you on AIM.