PDA

View Full Version : ACE on a Micro body??

mcdkid
07-24-2003, 07:34 PM
is it possible? un like other mags the ptp bodies are milled and not the pipe like 1s that we normaly see

Tunaman
07-24-2003, 07:37 PM
Well the way I see it is that Level 10 virtually eliminates ball chopping so the Ace mod is a moot point...save your money...;) :D

mcdkid
07-24-2003, 07:52 PM
but i just want 2 know if it was possible

sneakyhacker420
07-25-2003, 12:24 AM
i want to know the same thing

then its one step closer to the x-mag :D

hehe

ignatz
07-25-2003, 09:19 AM
Yes. If you have a EMag board, you can add an AGD ACE to it... this is what you'll need to do:

1. Mill out the body, rail (MicroE's have a rail) and possibly gripframe so that it physically accepts the ACE. This is the easy part, IMO.
2. Learn the assembly language of the microcontroller on the Emag board. If you have no programming experience this is going to be difficult.
3. Once you figure out the controller, obtain a programmer and solder it to the EMag board. If you have no surface mount soldering experience this is going to be very hard.
4. You can extract the EMag firmware with the programmer, then disassemble it and you have your starting point for your new firmware. Re-write the burst mode functionality to interface with the ACE. I have no idea how to do this part.
5. Reprogram the Emag board.

This is the reason anytime this question is asked people point at the LX. The ACE won't add functionality to your marker, in fact you'll lose the burst mode capability of your marker and add an extra point of failure. The only thing an ACE could add to a LX EMag is weight. If you want to make your E closer to a X, why not concentrate on rasing the cycle speed. Changing the # of shots in each burst. Adding an EChrono mode. Chaning the text displayed.

Anyway, HTH.

sneakyhacker420
07-25-2003, 09:48 AM
micro-e's don't have a rail, its a rail and body in one...like the x-mag w/o the interchangable breeches

ignatz
07-25-2003, 10:59 AM
sneakyhacker420 - Do you own a MicroE? I do, and I guarantee you that there is a rail. Its very small (weighs 12.1g I think) and covers the grip frame. It goes between the main body and the grip frame and helps with aligment. I call that a rail. Regardless of what you'd like to call the part, it must be milled to allow an ACE to be installed.

mcdkid
07-25-2003, 02:06 PM
considering the fact that mine is not electro... this would be a **** load of work

sneakyhacker420
07-25-2003, 02:37 PM
ohhhhh... that shim between the body and gripframe... now i know what you're talkin about :D

i just bought personman's micro-e last week and got it in the mail on thursday... I LOVE IT

Tunaman
07-25-2003, 03:16 PM
Yes...that is a SHIM...not a rail. I still cant believe that Proteam could not come closer than .065 in meeting AGD specs. I wouldnt own one because of that shim.

sneakyhacker420
07-25-2003, 03:39 PM
its a shim and its there, either way, I LOVE MY ULTRA GREEN MICRO-E

mcdkid
07-25-2003, 07:00 PM
what do u guys think is better
AGD E-Mag or Micro E-mag (both stock)

ZyperioN
07-25-2003, 07:36 PM
AGD one, it comes with level X and X-Valve, both of which the proteam does not to my knowledge.

Gunga
07-25-2003, 09:51 PM
No, you can't put an ACE in a Micro E-Mag. Not enough meat in the mainbody to hold the ACE board.

WickeDKlowN
07-26-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by mcdkid
considering the fact that mine is not electro... this would be a **** load of work
If it's not electro(e-mag) then you can't use ACE at all. How do you think it will stop the gun from firing?