PDA

View Full Version : Cocker bashing on AO

Carbon
07-24-2003, 07:39 PM
Is it me or is there more cocker bashing on AO than there is Mag bashing in the A.I.R. or other cocker forums? Whadyall think?

poolshark5226
07-24-2003, 07:42 PM
Other than the occasional "Youre buyin a cocker?:eek: " comment, I havent really seen any cocker bashing around here

rx2
07-24-2003, 07:46 PM
In my experience, many of the poeple here actually like, or even own a cockers. There is some bashing, but most of it is good natured ribbing.

Frontline Newbie
07-24-2003, 07:57 PM
The Bob Long bashing is the most amusing. "Wow, that's a cool Spyder!"

Miscue
07-24-2003, 07:58 PM
Um... AO is pretty accepting of other markers. I would like an E-Blade Cocker myself...

Steelrat
07-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Hey Carbon, why is the Oberst of Das Untermags Revolution protecting the old Autocockers ;)

Thats why we love you. Please forgive me, I mean no disrespect, O' he-who-can-bunker-5-men.

Animal Mother
07-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Whadda talkin' 'bout?

I love Autoclunkers, nothing greater that a gun that goes "clunkity clunk" everytime I pull the trigger.

:D

Recon by Fire
07-24-2003, 08:10 PM
Autocockers are cool, too bad they couldn't fit all the parts inside :)

Pballwizz
07-24-2003, 08:13 PM
Sig Says it all :D

cphilip
07-24-2003, 08:19 PM
there is kind of a friendly rivalry here with them. Nothing too serious realy.

If you are not seeing Mag bashing elsewhere on other sites your living under a rock!

I got a Cocker. Somewhere... can't seem to get it back.

FooTemps
07-24-2003, 08:28 PM
Eblades suck!!!

Raceframe cockers are better!

Steelrat
07-24-2003, 09:18 PM
The great thing is, this rivalry between cockers and mags goes way back to the early days of paintball. Its part of the paintball lore now.

EsPo
07-24-2003, 09:24 PM
i'm about to own a cocker :)

boggerman
07-24-2003, 09:41 PM
/
/
/
////
///
//
/

Check the sig, two mags and a cocker, [mom voice]and I love you all equal![/mom voice]:D

jdev
07-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
Um... AO is pretty accepting of other markers. I would like an E-Blade Cocker myself...

ditto that.

Meph
07-24-2003, 09:48 PM
Well, since I own a cocker. I have every right to bash anything I see fit to about them. Like their weight or amazing similarity to a Spyder. Or what have you.

But over all, most of the 'bashing' you see is really just friendly guestures with sarcasm.

07-24-2003, 10:06 PM
If anyone truly bashes a cocker here I.E. Saying Cockers suck they are a waist of money and time. I would not even listen cause they are stupid and closeminded anyway.

A lot of the cocker bashing is just a joke. Friendly bantering basicly.

Major Ho
07-24-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
Eblades suck!!!

Raceframe cockers are better!
FooTemps, we must be the last few of a dying breed. Everyone and their mothers knows what an Eblade is and when I say I have a raceframe they go "huh"? WTF, Races were out way before the Eblades. Eclipse is brilliant in their marketing and distrubtion though.

As for cocker bashing, It is in my opinion that mag owners eventually get a cocker to see what all the hype is about, and vice versa. When I starting into the paintball scene like in '97 THE guns to own were cockers mags and angels. Somewhere along their paintball careers they would probably pick up at least 2 of those 3.

andreb
07-24-2003, 10:30 PM
Here at AO, the discussions tend to be high level and I haven't seen that much unjustified bashing. I love aotocockers myself.

07-24-2003, 10:33 PM
FooTemps, we must be the last few of a dying breed. Everyone and their mothers knows what an Eblade is and when I say I have a raceframe they go "huh"? WTF, Races were out way before the Eblades. Eclipse is brilliant in their marketing and distrubtion though.

Thats a pretty bad arguement. Because theres more hype about it that makes it a better product.

FooTemps
07-25-2003, 12:04 AM
um... didn't raceframe go under?

Ov3rmind
07-25-2003, 12:59 AM
Yeah, around when I joined there actually was somewhat frequent Cocker bashing (some lighthearted fun, some just plain ignorance). It's really not too bad anymore though, AO is pretty accepting of most markers (just gotta stop those entirely unfunny Timmy/Spyder comments).

Automaggin2
07-25-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Animal Mother
Whadda talkin' 'bout?

I love Autoclunkers, nothing greater that a gun that goes "clunkity clunk" everytime I pull the trigger.

What kind of freakin autococker are you shooting?

Barely anyone bases cockers in here. All of the mature and smart people know cockers are very good guns and high performers.

I pesonally switched from a mag to a cocker, and dont regret it at all.

and Pballwhizz, your obviously not very smart with that childish comment in your profile.

ZAust
07-25-2003, 02:29 AM
even though i sortof dislike cockers on the surface, theres always a little curiosity in me that may puch me to own in the future. something about all the moving parts... its

breg
07-25-2003, 03:39 AM
I try not to bash any marker. I find that it more the player i have a rpoblem with than the marker. In all honesty every brand of marker is equally important to paintball.

WarBUCKs
07-25-2003, 03:39 AM
My first Cocker Bashing (not that they bother me, just shoot people dammit):

E-Blade (the hiddin Acronym) "Everybody Buys Lotsa Autocockers, Defeat E-Mags.

bunkermaster10
07-25-2003, 05:10 AM
Cockers ROCK (luv them moving parts)! Mags ROCK! I sold my mag about 3 days ago and I'm getting my shocktech cocker here in like a week. O I can't wait! Everybody should buy both once in their life. You have to try different things or life gets boring.

Spartan X
07-25-2003, 06:47 AM
If you feel like your mag is letting you down and need a cocker....Just get a e-mag or a X-mag....you'r love will come right back :)

Albinonewt
07-25-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Major Ho

As for cocker bashing, It is in my opinion that mag owners eventually get a cocker to see what all the hype is about, and vice versa.

Hehe, my 2003 custom cocker arrives in the mail today.

Bensongg
07-25-2003, 07:46 AM
Trading my mag for a Merlin. Really more of an investment than anything. My Viking dont need a backup.

paintball_junkie
07-25-2003, 11:49 AM
I got the best of both worlds and E-mag and a E-bladed cocker. HAHAHAHAHAHA HEHEHEHE and Im 13. I bought both with my own money so dont say that I have rich parents.

Iceman8446
07-25-2003, 12:00 PM
I've always loved cockers because of the cool pssht sound everytime you shoot and I like to watch the back block move back and forth. But after tryin an e-mag at the IAO i'm hooked. Now if they could only make something moving on the outside.

Ov3rmind
07-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by paintball_junkie
I got the best of both worlds and E-mag and a E-bladed cocker. HAHAHAHAHAHA HEHEHEHE and Im 13. I bought both with my own money so dont say that I have rich parents.
How do you earn your money? I have a job that pays an hourly wage and am in the process of selling old PB equipment among other expensive things, and doing that it looks like I'll just barely have enough for a Viking.

wobbles82
07-25-2003, 12:57 PM
Ov3rmind, know what I did for cash? Sold paint to friends. :D I could get it for like 30 a case, and sold bags for 15, so I would make like 30 bucks a case. And I reffed, and I worked at a computer store and did technical and networking work, and I worked for my grandfather doing lawns, and I did straight up b***h work. Lol. And im 14. I have personally owned a cocker, two mags, an EM1 (yea baby), and a few others like Tippies and stuff. As for the cocker I had no problems with it, they are awesome markers. Here on AO when we "bash" it we really just do so because we all kid around. When things become serious everybody smites the person that says it. Heh. :p I think cockers are so godlike awesome cuz of that backblock...I mean...if there was a mod to shoot your X-Valve in and out of your marker, id buy it. Not to mention the far superior range and accuracy of cockers....:D

Nick O time
07-25-2003, 12:57 PM
I like cockers when they work, I am just too dumb to own one. lol but cockers are pretty cool

paintball_junkie
07-25-2003, 03:29 PM
I look for deals on cheap guns. I bouhgt the cocker broke from my friend for $100 it was a 2k2. All it needed was a new 3-way. Then I found a guy who had an E-blade and offered him the trigger frame and a $200 for the E-balde.I bouhgt the matrix used for $500.

paintball_junkie
07-25-2003, 03:31 PM
I accidentally sadi Matrix above but I meant E-mag, I was just lokin at matrixes and typed that.

Ov3rmind
07-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by wobbles82
Ov3rmind, know what I did for cash? Sold paint to friends. :D I could get it for like 30 a case, and sold bags for 15, so I would make like 30 bucks a case. And I reffed, and I worked at a computer store and did technical and networking work, and I worked for my grandfather doing lawns, and I did straight up b***h work. Lol. And im 14. I have personally owned a cocker, two mags, an EM1 (yea baby), and a few others like Tippies and stuff.
You're making me feel like such a slacker.....:( ;)

FooTemps
07-25-2003, 06:58 PM
did technical and networking work, and I worked for my grandfather doing lawns, and I did straight up b***h work.

Lucky... you actually get paind for work! Then again... I only did work around the neighborhood when people asked for help...

RoadDawg
07-25-2003, 07:30 PM
I was curious about a cocker til I smacked myself in the mask with the back block. :p

Albinonewt
07-25-2003, 09:35 PM
Well, my new cocker came in the mail today and I must say I like it. The back block is a little weird at first, but eventually I learned to move my arm posistion up a little from where I keep it on the E-Mag.

I'm was just shooting in my garage without a mask, so I've a nice little dent in my face where the back block hit it!

Ov3rmind
07-25-2003, 11:29 PM
You know there's an easy way to solve that problem, use a freakin' beavertail (you have to in tourneys anyway)!

magmania
07-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Ov3rmind, know what I did for cash? Sold paint to friends. :D I could get it for like 30 a case, and sold bags for 15, so I would make like 30 bucks a case. And I reffed, and I worked at a computer store and did technical and networking work, and I worked for my grandfather doing lawns, and I did straight up b***h work. Lol. And im 14. I have personally owned a cocker, two mags, an EM1 (yea baby), and a few others like Tippies and stuff. As for the cocker I had no problems with it, they are awesome markers. Here on AO when we "bash" it we really just do so because we all kid around. When things become serious everybody smites the person that says it. Heh. :p I think cockers are so godlike awesome cuz of that backblock...I mean...if there was a mod to shoot your X-Valve in and out of your marker, id buy it. Not to mention the far superior range and accuracy of cockers....:D
LOL! I sell paint to make money too....i ref and get paid 1000 a day and i sell 500 for 15,1000 for 25, 2000 for 50. I sell evil and marbs only though.

Ov3rmind
07-25-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by magmania

LOL! I sell paint to make money too....i ref and get paid 1000 a day and i sell 500 for 15,1000 for 25, 2000 for 50. I sell evil and marbs only though.
Wait, you mean 1000 paint right?

f3rr3+
07-25-2003, 11:54 PM
i really want a cocker...

Steelrat
07-26-2003, 12:40 AM
Before anyone listens too hard to Meph's comments, check out this classic quote from PBnation, in reference to AO members:

Yeah, that's a great place to debate about Hype when talking about anything besides a mag there Steve!

and:

Trust me, the clones there won't supress their branwashed "hype" remarks ever. If it's not a mag, the performance and benefits of it is all hype! That's the AO motto.

And who could forget this classic line?

Well if the clones didn't regurgitate the same garbage each time blindly, there wouldn't be any troubles there. But they do, and some of them have to learn what hype is before they go spewing it out as much as they do.

Check it out for yourself:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=211208&perpage=21&pagenumber=1 (http://)

I guess if someone has such a poor opinion of a board, maybe they shouldn't post there? I don't know, maybe its just me...

kingbob
07-26-2003, 01:54 PM
my thought is that a Stock Cocker will beat a simularly priced Mag, But the high-end Mags tromp on the Cockers.

I really haven't seen any Cocker vs Mag (or vice-versa) recently either here or A.I.R.

I own a mag and my little brother owns a cocker (which is basicly my cocker that he paid for and plays with, since I do all the work with it :))

Ov3rmind
07-26-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by kingbob
my thought is that a Stock Cocker will beat a simularly priced Mag, But the high-end Mags tromp on the Cockers.
Even E-Bladed Freeflows?

DiRTyBuNNy
07-26-2003, 08:01 PM
I'd love to see someone go ask the people over at WGPPress what they think of mags..

Ov3rmind
07-26-2003, 08:11 PM
If you want a forum with a lot of Cocker hate, go to IOG. Soooooooo much of it is just plain ignorance and misconceptions, I think many of them are scared that there are guns that compare to their precious Impulses.

DiRTyBuNNy
07-26-2003, 08:16 PM
I thought about getting an Imp for a while...but then I stopped drinking and realized that that was more trouble than it's worth...and considering the current situation with SP..

Ov3rmind
07-26-2003, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I'm not really a big Impulse fan. But now that those new Shockers are out, I'm feeling tempted. However, in the end I know that there are several other new guns coming out that will be better (and companies I would feel good about supporting).

kenndogg
07-27-2003, 12:48 AM
And to think I was going to trade my ebladed cocker for an imp...what was I thinking? With this whole SP lawsuit going on, I'll never touch a SP product again. As for IOG..well lets just say those ppl are what hype spewing companies look for.

AGD
07-27-2003, 01:11 AM
IF YOU DONT STOP FLAMING COCKERS I AM GOING TO CLOSE THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

AGD

Steelrat
07-27-2003, 01:53 AM
Wait, is that like reverse psychology, and you really want us to START flaming cockers?

FooTemps
07-27-2003, 01:58 AM
FLAME FLAME FLAME! BURN COCKERS BURN!!! CLOSE THIS THREAD FOR NO REASON NOW!!! lol
:p

H.K S.O.C.O.M.45
08-14-2003, 04:26 AM
ARe tom kye and budd orr friends orr do thay hate ecg other? if thay dislkie each other i say one on one match budd vs tom how bout it guys ?

FooTemps
08-14-2003, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by H.K S.O.C.O.M.45
ARe tom kye and budd orr friends orr do thay hate ecg other? if thay dislkie each other i say one on one match budd vs tom how bout it guys ?

Sorry to do this... but i've never gotten a chance to...

N00B!!!

They're great buddies.

H.K S.O.C.O.M.45
08-14-2003, 04:47 AM
Due how odoes that make me a newbie maby to the fourems but not to the sport . so i dont spedn my life in the chat or on the fourems man i ahvea life somthin you might wann look into !!!!!! and i am in the process of buyin a mag so i figured that i shoulkd register!SO YOU CAN SHUT THE HELL UP !!!!!!!!!

FooTemps
08-14-2003, 04:58 AM
Due how odoes that make me a newbie maby to the fourems but not to the sport . so i dont spedn my life in the chat or on the fourems man i ahvea life somthin you might wann look into !!!!!! and i am in the process of buyin a mag so i figured that i shoulkd register!SO YOU CAN SHUT THE HELL UP !!!!!!!!!

dude, i was just kidding... that's why I added the note at the beginning...

kenndogg
08-14-2003, 05:05 AM
chill out hksocom45
maybe you should lower the sugar intake something...
only noobs respond the way you do though.....

FooTemps
08-14-2003, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by kenndogg
chill out hksocom45
maybe you should lower the sugar intake something...
only noobs respond the way you do though.....

dude shut up.... you don't need to get on his case about gettin mad. Sheesh, he didn't know I was joking. I guess it's my fault for not knowing he was new to the forums too.

kenndogg
08-14-2003, 05:31 AM
umm..I was joking too
maybe we all need to shut up lol

H.K S.O.C.O.M.45
08-14-2003, 06:12 AM
Ay what he said but i talked to foo temps online sarge rember but i am in the process of buyin a mag i cant find a cheap deal i kinnda want used mag cuz it will be cheap and i jut want it as a good guj and cuz for spllat attack 2 i wann be able to snipe and a mag wit a cerimic barrel is reall quite!!!!!!!

kenndogg
08-14-2003, 06:18 AM
how much are you looking to spend?

H.K S.O.C.O.M.45
08-14-2003, 06:20 AM
i guess 200 but if i can get one cheaper cool chuff chuff

*ArKfEaR*
08-14-2003, 01:08 PM

Ay what he said but i talked to foo temps online sarge rember but i am in the process of buyin a mag i cant find a cheap deal i kinnda want used mag cuz it will be cheap and i jut want it as a good guj and cuz for spllat attack 2 i wann be able to snipe and a mag wit a cerimic barrel is reall quite!!!!!!!

There should be a rule on AO, if you are under the age of 12. You can’t spell for crap, and you are too lazy to check over your post, please do the following:

1. Highlight Post

2. Ctrl + C (Copy)

3. Open up Microsoft Office and Press Ctrl + V (Paste)

4. Spell Check (F7)

5. Repeat Step (1) + (2)

6. Ctrl + V With revised reply/post.

7. Everyone is happy because they can read your post without getting a migraine.

H.K S.O.C.O.M.45
08-15-2003, 04:36 AM
HUM i postedthis at 3;00 in the mornin and i had worked all day and lets see i wasnt reall payin to much attention to spelling dude get a life !!!!!!!!

*ArKfEaR*
08-15-2003, 02:53 PM
bro your too young to work, please stop lieing cause we all know there is no way in hell you are anything under than 12.

Get a life?

Hey now, Am I the one pretending to be older than what I really am?

No.

Thank you come again...

H.K S.O.C.O.M.45
08-15-2003, 10:56 PM
Due i am 14 not 12 and i mean i worked like cuttin the awn for my grandparents but none the less still work .

Nick O time
08-15-2003, 11:22 PM
I stay up till like 3 every night and am required to get up at 8 and work at least 4 hours a day. Look at my spelling and punctuation;) . Oh and cockers are pretty cool, I already posted that lol.

minnimag
08-15-2003, 11:29 PM
dear god what an embarrassment, a fellow rhode islander. ;) just kidding there ( i guess i have to spell it out now ) *pun intended* But as for spelling, my brain had a hemorrhage while trying to read your posts. Youre not going to get any help around here if we cant read what youre writing, and if youre not willing to chill out. just a friendly suggestion to try and help yah out. Im the worst speller most of my friends know, and i just worked a 6 hour shift with only one other person when theres suposeded to be 4 people total so you’d bet im beat. fortunately spell check still works.

** edit: i guess i should comment on cockers as this is what the thread is about. Ive played many games with my friends 'cocker and liked it a lot. So i looked into buying an eclipse cocker for like $900. The thing was sweet, i used it for a few games and it shot like a dream. I have nothing against cockers but i think that the majority of people who buy them buy "upgrades" for purely cosmetical reasons even if they dont think they are.

Carbon
08-16-2003, 03:35 AM
Ive played with cockers for a few games at a time, my buddy's shocktech. The guns shoot like a dream, really smooth and all, but ive never ripped on one for a full day. About $400 landed on me a couple of weeks ago and i was debating wether to get a Powerlyte Hybrid or more Mag upgrades and other soft goods.

As far as bashing, it should be obvious that PBN's probably got the most...I presume. It seems the majority of that "paintball community" at PBN, seems rather satisfied to see who can burn whom the best.

HKSOCOM45: No diss...If ya want people to understand ya, take it easy. Theres a lot of friendly peeps here, some may jump the gun with the noobs this and that. Just fo'gettah boutit! AS long as you know the value of the dollar yer ok.

jewie27
12-23-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by EsPo
i'm about to own a cocker :)

My prayers go out to you. I feel sorry for you. Too bad it's not a X-Valved, LVL 10, Y-Gripped ULE 'Mag. Do yourself a favor and throw the Autoco*** in the oven and melt it down so you can cast a new 'Mag for me. *Grin*