PDA

View Full Version : For all the people with the Smart--Parts Nazi symbol

Automaggin2
07-25-2003, 01:38 AM
I think its the dumbest thing ever, get that crap out of here. I am sick of seeing those damn sigs, and to me, they are very disrespectful....

I'm not jewish, but i must say, comparing Smart Parts to something as big as the 3rd reich and Hitler is insane and stupid. The Nazis of paintball? Did Smart Parts kill millions of innocent people? Did they rip democray and freedom from innocent people?

Its stupid, grow up and take that crap out.

Go ahead, flame me, i think you should all grow out up and stop goin with the crowd.

who_311
07-25-2003, 01:41 AM
Indeed, i think calling them nazis is really stupid. Theyre not nazis, just deuche bags.

f3rr3+
07-25-2003, 02:11 AM
i think that people should do whatever they want, and whatever they do projects an image of themselves in what they do... so ie. smart parts being POOF= there POOF, people using nazi thing is just someones choice... and i dont think that anyone should be against that, yes it could be percieved as being a tad bit insensitive, but id assume most people think about what they do before they did it... i dunno if i went off on a tangent or if that even makes sense... i just went on a web design rampage...

PLEASE WATCH THE SWEARING

Blazingace
07-25-2003, 02:15 AM
They may not be nazis, but in the paintball indusrty what they are trying is akin to what the nazis did in the 30's and 40's. While the question of whether the signs are appropriate or not is debatable. I don't mind it, but others do. Your opinion has been noted and it takes a strong person to stand for what you believe. Others feel that they are like the nazis. I am included in this group. What they are trying to do is wrong and we all know it is somewhat like what nazis did.

IceCool32
07-25-2003, 02:22 AM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I believe that people using the nazi symbol is extreme, yes. But it does demonstrate the extreme frustration and dislike for SP by liking them to Nazi's.

WarBUCKs
07-25-2003, 02:45 AM
Maybe the people with the Nazi symbol are foreshadowing the fall of Smart Parts. I mean, the Nazis did lose, right?

Just another perspective.

heftylefty
07-25-2003, 03:04 AM
i too am tired of the smartparts nazi thing. its getting annoying and someone that is Jewish might look at the site and take serious offense to it. but we are all entitled to our opinion, but i think it is getting a little out of hand. just my $.02 though.

Ov3rmind
07-25-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by WarBUCKs
Maybe the people with the Nazi symbol are foreshadowing the fall of Smart Parts. I mean, the Nazis did lose, right?

Just another perspective.
Yes, but only after severe damage was done.

IcantBelieveit
07-25-2003, 03:14 AM
if people don't whine about one thing its another. Get over it. free speech

breg
07-25-2003, 03:21 AM
I'm not pro smart parts, but just think of how our forum would look if someone unfamiliar with the situation glanced over and saw all of these swastikas?

heftylefty
07-25-2003, 03:33 AM
exactly, imo it gives a bad image for AO, but as everyone is saying, we are entitled to our own opinions.:rolleyes:

IceCool32
07-25-2003, 03:34 AM
I don't know about many of you, but the last swastika I saw wasn't at an angle? and was connected, rather than being 4 non-connected line segments.

Sorry for those of you who take it as a big deal, but if the mods/admins/tom find it to offensive don't you believe they would have done something about it themselves?

Freedom of Speech, most of us have it, right?

I guess this isn't really a thread of right or wrong, it's a thread of point/counter-point.

Point:It may be very likely that a jewish person browsing the forum may see this and become offended.

Counterpoint:
More than likely those who are browsing this forum will know about the smart parts situation. If not, and they complain, the search feature is readily available.

Automaggin: You say people should grow up and take that crap out, correct? I believe you should grow up and realize people can very well do nearly what they please, as long as it is within legal limits. It's reality, I see things that I don't like everyday, sometimes you've just got to deal with it.

Not meant to be found as a flame, just my opinion. If anyone can persuade me to believe otherwise, I'm all ears to hear someone else's argument.

Although I do agree, there is probably a better way to communicate dislike for SP rather than a symbol that represents so much history that most of us would not/could not understand.

sbpyro
07-25-2003, 06:25 AM
Throwing gas into fire whoof

I believe that before Hitler made his little impact with it the swastika was a religous symbol.