PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy! Rumors Abound!

WarBUCKs
07-25-2003, 02:40 AM
Alright, anyone heard that Action Village may be preparing to file Chapter 11? I have heard this from a couple people, but the part about "preparing" makes me skeptical.

Any other good rumors I should know about?

What have you heard? Is this new to you?

AGD
07-25-2003, 02:53 AM
I think we can nip that one right in the budd here. I know the owner personally, I just talked to him at IAO and he just moved into a 30,000 square foot building in order to handle the business.

AGD

TransMan
07-25-2003, 03:51 AM
as Tom said tehy just moved into a new building its on their main page and really i dont see how they could they prob get 75% of all the online PB business if not more...

Clockwork_Orange
07-25-2003, 04:56 AM
75% probably isn't enough?!?

warpfeedmod
07-25-2003, 10:44 AM
yup went to the new facility. Lemme just tell you the building they picture on the page is definately photochopped. There's no sign or anything on the building to let you know what it is. Only when we got to the door is a printed sign taped up on it.

The "showroom" is about the same as it was in the old building, but from what I saw there's lots of office space as well as a huge warehouse around back.

I doubt they're filing for bankruptcy anytime soon if at all.

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
07-25-2003, 11:48 AM
This might end them always not having products in stock!! :D

FreakBaller12
07-25-2003, 04:33 PM
wat abotu their crappy customer service

nippinout
07-25-2003, 04:50 PM
They had a showroom at the old place?

Jeeze!

I lived fairly close to paintballgear so I just drove there to pick my stuf up. The first time I went there they only had a few computers in an empty room and offered me some french fries. :D

Where did they move to? I couldn't find an address for their new location.

Halliday
07-25-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by nippinout
[B]........and offered me some french fries. :D [/B

Well at least they had some fries in stock. Probally out of stock on the salt thou...... :P

Automaggin2
07-26-2003, 12:17 AM
Impossible. Notice how NOTHING is ever in stock. Out of about 10 things i ordered from them, maybe 2 were in stock at time of ordering.

They cant keep up with demands.

WarBUCKs
07-26-2003, 07:05 AM
Well, it was Chapter 11 that I heard so cash flow must be down and it is possible they moved to a new building and then sales started to slump. Ha, i know i know.. they probably aren't going out of business, but just heard it so I thought I would bring it up.

But, if it does happen, I want chocolate chip cookies from all of you!!! ha ha..

Prairie
07-26-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Automaggin2

They cant keep up with demands.

The problem here is that since PaintballGear is so big, and takes so many orders...it's usually not them but the companys who supply it to them.

DYE Stuff is usually out of stock due to the fact DYE can't produce things quick enough, and in such great quantities for retail stores, and all of the online stores (with PBGear taking up most of the online store business)

AGD
07-26-2003, 10:17 AM
The rumor you heard was probably about Paintball Inc who did file for chapter 11 last week.

AGD

_Spork_1
07-26-2003, 04:34 PM
they've never been out of stock when i've ordered my things.....and i've ordered more than 10 things.

Trust me a lot of people get their stuff with out problems.

cphilip
07-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Paintball Inc is located here in Greenville SC and they did file for protection as Tom said. But remember that is protection with some hope to come out of it. I hope they do make it. But its realy cut throat in this business. People will undersell you at a loss just to drive you out of bussiness in Paintball. And that happened to them. Not mentioning any names. But I realy had a lot of support from Paintball Inc last year for the AO day. They gave us a lot of stuff for raffles and a great deal on paint. And they supported our Paintball Club well too. I hope they can survive. You may not realize it but they owned one of the largest manufacturers of Paintball Netting. Even National bought netting from them but didn't seem to even know it. It was a seperate company name than Paintball Inc that they owned.

Mag Master 04
07-26-2003, 08:57 PM
thats how long i have been waiting, my dye ultralight has been supposidly out of stock for that long...i havnt played for 2 months :( im pissed as hell

logamus
07-26-2003, 09:34 PM
the only time i had a problem was with a redz belt but it was only out of stock for 2 days. everything else i have ordered from them was in stock and shipped promptly.

Kai
07-26-2003, 11:06 PM
Don't get me started about PBGear and their inability to keep things in stock.

It wouldn't be such a problem, if they would UPDATE the page to list is as such. I can't count how many times paint has been listed as in stock on the site, but in reality is out.

Rarrr...

gamarada717
07-27-2003, 12:36 PM
I waited about 4 to 5 months on a dye tank cover, finally I just cancelled the order because I didn't want to put up with them anymore.

bryceeden
07-27-2003, 05:09 PM
It was probably paintball inc(Idid get 300 cases for dirt cheap because of it though), but all of us PMI dealers wish Actionvillage.com would go under.

bryceeden
07-27-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Paintball Inc is located here in Greenville SC and they did file for protection as Tom said. But remember that is protection with some hope to come out of it. I hope they do make it. But its realy cut throat in this business. People will undersell you at a loss just to drive you out of bussiness in Paintball. And that happened to them. Not mentioning any names. But I realy had a lot of support from Paintball Inc last year for the AO day. They gave us a lot of stuff for raffles and a great deal on paint. And they supported our Paintball Club well too. I hope they can survive. You may not realize it but they owned one of the largest manufacturers of Paintball Netting. Even National bought netting from them but didn't seem to even know it. It was a seperate company name than Paintball Inc that they owned.
And the fact that they no longer sell paint WILL kill them. You can't be a distibuter without paintballs.