PDA

View Full Version : MECHANICAL ONLY TOURNAMENT: Choose your weapon!

Jack & Coke
07-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Pretend you are going to play in a paintball tournament this weekend... :)

Mechanical Marker ONLY Tournament

*** NO ELECTROS! ***

*** ALL aftermarket parts are allowed ***

*** ALL RT / RESPONSE triggers are allowed (no limit on BPS or SWEET SPOTTING) ***

Choose your weapon!

1. Autococker (i.e. Orracle)
http://www.888paintball.com/product/large/954.jpg
2. Automag (i.e. RT PRO)
http://www.888paintball.com/product/large/753.jpg
3. Spyder (i.e. shutter)
http://www.sportchalet.com/graphics/product_images/p258580reg.jpg
4. Tippman (A-5 RT or M98 RT)
http://www.shop4paintball.com/isroot/Stores/Shop4Paintball/SiteImages/01TIPMODELA5.jpg or http://us.st8.yimg.com/store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1752_2473934
5. Action Markers Sentinal TS
http://www.actionmarkerssales.peachhost.com/ct_its-050-sb.JPG
6. Epic
http://us.st8.yimg.com/store6.yimg.com/I/actionvillage_1752_98664850

Which gun would you choose and why? :)

SlipknotX556
07-25-2003, 11:56 AM
RT, because I hate cockers and its the only gun in that list that I have had used and liked.

Koosh
07-25-2003, 11:59 AM
I'll take secret option number 7, My classic mag with its Auto-Response frame among other goodies!

DiRTyBuNNy
07-25-2003, 12:01 PM
RT pro...as long as it comes from the factory with ULE body, UL Trigger, and an X-Valve...

Jack & Coke
07-25-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by TheFlamingKoosh
I'll take secret option number 7, My classic mag with its Auto-Response frame among other goodies!

WOW! I forgot that one! Wicked choice... Auto-response frame + Level 10 = Muhahahaha!!! :D

rehme
07-25-2003, 12:04 PM
i would say rtpro with emag on/off pin :D

Thordic
07-25-2003, 12:15 PM
M98 RT.

With the reactiveness allowed, you would have a distinct ROF advantage over everyone else.

Mr Pink
07-25-2003, 12:16 PM
ULE bodied RT pro with the input cranked to 1100psi:D

Ov3rmind
07-25-2003, 12:20 PM
There are two guns I would consider, that being an entirely ULE Intelliframed Mag, or a Powerlyte Hybrid. In the end I think I would take the Hybrid, so I voted Cockers since it is based around the same basic design.

Benfica4ever
07-25-2003, 12:30 PM
I have to stick with the mag..
So Rtp

Jack & Coke
07-25-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
M98 RT.

With the reactiveness allowed, you would have a distinct ROF advantage over everyone else.

My thoughts exactly! :)

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48044&highlight=18+bps+tippmann

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=433701

RT = FIREPOWER! <= Remember... accuaracy through volume.

The only NEGATIVES would be:

RT PRO => efficiency, and chuffing

M98 RT + Halo => chopping, mis-feeds

A-5 RT => just how fast and reliable is the cyclone feeding system?

I would take these RT guns and their overwhelming 10-18 bps firepower over the 5-10 bps "flat 1,000 yard trajectory" of a cocker any day... but that's just me :)

Ov3rmind
07-25-2003, 12:36 PM
It would be interesting to see what this poll would be like if the tourney enforced trigger bounce rules.

poolshark5226
07-25-2003, 12:39 PM
X Valve'd, ULE body'd, Emag on/off pin'd, Y-grip'd RTP

booyah

Jack & Coke
07-25-2003, 12:40 PM
So do you feel that by allowing RT sweet-spotting, other guns, such as 'cocker's are at a disadvantage?

Are the RT Pro's and Tippy's too fast for the cockers?

wobbles82
07-25-2003, 12:42 PM
RT-PRO all the way! I use an RTPX as my tourny marker right now...I guess its a mechanical day for me...everyday! Woo. With the pressure cranked just right the RTPX with a HALO B would smoke the Tippies im sorry, and efficiency wise? Who said there was no airline? And who said it was that bad ? :D Did I mention reliability with the RT is like a brick? Cant say that bout the cockers...they are still stuck in the "short stroke" time period. :p

Duke Henry
07-25-2003, 12:43 PM
What about an Emag with the battery removed (running in mechanical mode)?

My M98RTLP won't chop at all. Considering I could outrun any loader aside from a HALO, I know the M98 will feed hella fast, as you also know, J+C.

Tough call, I like the Emag in mech mode, but there is something sweet about dumping on someone with an M98. (pics here: http://www.paintballandstuff.net/m98 )

cockermongol
07-25-2003, 12:49 PM
lol i didn't read the post before I voted. I voted cocker, but after reading the post I would take the mag if BPS and sweet spotting aren't factors.

poolshark5226
07-25-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Jack &amp; Coke
So do you feel that by allowing RT sweet-spotting, other guns, such as 'cocker's are at a disadvantage?

Are the RT Pro's and Tippy's too fast for the cockers?

Another advantage that mags have over cockers is:
Reliability.
And everywhere else they're equal. A buddy of mine can actually shoot 13bps with his mech cocker set up. I don't know what is on it (nor do I really care:p ), but he can rip on it. I guess it depends on the player with the gun. And even though a sweet spotted RTP can outshoot you average cocker, cockers totally wreck us in accuracy and range:rolleyes: :p

DK1
07-25-2003, 12:55 PM
heh, well, in a perfect world, I'd take the Palmer RT blazer... but unfortunately, there's only one, and they won't let go of it, nor make another.

DK1

Jack & Coke
07-25-2003, 12:59 PM
I just remembered about the "full-auto" features of the AT-85...

BTW, the idea I had about this "fantasy" tournament was to create a NHB style for MECHANICAL MARKERS ONLY.

Think of it as the UFC or PRIDE F/C of tournaments... :)

Minimum rules and Maximum fun for NON-ELECTROS.

The first "Pure" UFC's had:

*** NO HOLDS BARRED ***
*** NO EYE ATTACK ***
*** NO BITING ***

This tounry would have:

*** MAX FPS = 280 ***
*** MAX BPS = UNLIMITED ***
*** NO ELECTROS ***
*** ANY type of firing system - as long as it is MECHANICAL ONLY ***

"...Let's get it on!"

Ov3rmind
07-25-2003, 01:04 PM
Wouldn't RT guns kind of ruin the purpose with no RT rules? I mean a lot of people would just let their guns go on runaway, which can be just as fast or faster than many people can fire electros.

Deep Sixx
07-25-2003, 01:13 PM
'Cocker. No question. Specifically, my wife's GX-3. Light, fast, and incapable of chopping paint.

sixx

Wc Keep
07-25-2003, 01:40 PM
i vote a classic body with a benchy and an emag valve:D sweetspot that suckaman*****.

mjs1217
07-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by poolshark5226
X Valve'd, ULE body'd, Emag on/off pin'd, Y-grip'd RTP

booyah

Whats so special about haveing an Emag pin on it? What would it do on the rt pro if its purpose on the emag is to turn it on or off and an rt pro is not electronic??

poolshark5226
07-25-2003, 01:44 PM
By on/off pin, I meant the on/off pin in the on/off assembly in teh valve. The emag pin is very short (.712 I believe), and gives you crazy reactivity in the trigger

SIGSays
07-25-2003, 01:48 PM
ule body
ule rail
ule foregrip
xvalve
iframe
freak
suhweeeet!

Mutilus
07-25-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by SIGSays
ule body
ule rail
ule foregrip
xvalve
iframe
freak
suhweeeet!

So you basically would use my MAg! lol

painball
07-25-2003, 02:04 PM
RT Pro definitley. Take an adjustable tank. Crank the output to 1k. Then let the maddd trigger bounce begin
:D:D:D:D:D

headcase
07-25-2003, 02:08 PM
I voted 'cocker..... it would be an EVO X or a Revenge V2, the two best sliding triggers.

But I could be just as happy with a PPS Blazer.

Sorry guys, I cannot fire a mechanical mag to save my life.

Fred
07-25-2003, 02:27 PM
Um...

VSC Phantom!

i mean come on, if you're gonna scrap the electros, you might as well go old school... :rolleyes:

---Fred

JEDI
07-25-2003, 02:41 PM
Man, I hate to bring this up, but half you guys are the exact reason mags take so much flack from the Bounce issue department. If this was anything near a legit tourney, bounce would NOT be allowed, yet you all openly admit to liking it or using it. I'm particularly looking at you WCkeep. You're supposed to be a hard core tourney player.

You guys cant just handle a decent semi automatic gun. Everything has to be turned up, pressure maxxed, and practically running away. Half you Mag shooters are dangerous cheaters. I would hate to play a walk on game with any of you, for fear you'd put 10 to 12 balls right through my lenses, or my throat.

God! The very same forum where all you hypocrates stand behind all Toms "Lets deal with bounce" threads, and then you're spewing your love of bounce just a few threads away.

You guys are the majority of the reason bounce has even become an issue. I'm so sick of the 10 and 20 mins worth of time at every tourney thats wasted on refs checking everyone's gun. Mags deserve the bad rep they get in this department.

Go ahead, flame on! I could care less...

Wc Keep
07-25-2003, 02:46 PM
im not saying that in a legit tourney i would use a setup that bounces that crazy, because in a real tourney i dont.

but then again this isnt a legit tourney and its also just everyone talking about which mech gun can get the highest bps out any which way.

JEDI
07-25-2003, 02:51 PM
Its not a matter of fantasy, or rules. It a matter of saftey. The fact that its against the rules in a tournament, doesnt make it bad. The fact that its dangerous, makes it bad. Condoning the use of it, IS condoning the use of it.

I'm less likely to believe someone "wasnt bouncing" this time when they got caught, when they believe in using in in any other scenario.

Ov3rmind
07-25-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Wc Keep
im not saying that in a legit tourney i would use a setup that bounces that crazy, because in a real tourney i dont.

but then again this isnt a legit tourney and its also just everyone talking about which mech gun can get the highest bps out any which way.
Actually it's just asking which gun you'd prefer to use in a tourney, not which one can get the highest bps.

I agree with you somewhat JEDI, if you noticed my earlier posts.

JEDI
07-25-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

Actually I did notice. You were the only one with some interesting sense.

Jack & Coke
07-25-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by JEDI
Man, I hate to bring this up, but half you guys are the exact reason mags take so much flack from the Bounce issue department. If this was anything near a legit tourney, bounce would NOT be allowed, yet you all openly admit to liking it or using it. I'm particularly looking at you WCkeep. You're supposed to be a hard core tourney player.

You guys cant just handle a decent semi automatic gun. Everything has to be turned up, pressure maxxed, and practically running away. Half you Mag shooters are dangerous cheaters. I would hate to play a walk on game with any of you, for fear you'd put 10 to 12 balls right through my lenses, or my throat.

God! The very same forum where all you hypocrates stand behind all Toms "Lets deal with bounce" threads, and then you're spewing your love of bounce just a few threads away.

You guys are the majority of the reason bounce has even become an issue. I'm so sick of the 10 and 20 mins worth of time at every tourney thats wasted on refs checking everyone's gun. Mags deserve the bad rep they get in this department.

Go ahead, flame on! I could care less...

Dude...

chill out...

this is a "PRETEND" tournament...

This is just for "fun" discussion! :)

Think of it as an EXTREME TOURNAMENT... The REAL X-BALL... ;)

The only major safety rule is MAX VELOCITY = 280 FPS.

As far as over-shooting is concerned, I have TONS of experience playing RT (both my sweet-spotting mag and M98RT) in private games where we don't care about sweet-spotting or bounce. We all know each other and trust each other. I can tell you this... I shoot WAY more paint (bursts) using my GZ timmy and when I use my RT guns.

I'm not trying to justify RT or anything.

This thread is just a "what if". If you want to play in this thread, just consider the rules and pick a gun. That's it! Nothing more. There is no debate about the morals or validity of my rules. They are what they are because I said so. :)

There is NO RIGHT ANSWER... it's just for fun. What weapon would you choose given the rules stated above? sheeeesh.... :rolleyes:

JEDI
07-25-2003, 03:16 PM
I did play along. I voted cocker. Then when I went to explain why, I noticed all the responses about people and their cheater guns. I can understand the idea of "make believe" and "lighten up", but when its an issue as serious as this (in paintball anyway) its not too good for Mags when its main usergroup openly discusses the joy of using it.

If this was Toms thread (I know...its not Toms thread), and he was discussing doing away with bounce, all the same people here would be Butt Kissing agreeing with him.

Wc Keep
07-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

Actually it's just asking which gun you'd prefer to use in a tourney, not which one can get the highest bps.

but the conversation shifted from it being what gun to which gun can get the high bps.

and i would not be butt kissing to do away with bounce because the small amounts of bounce that the rt mags normally get are what help get a couple more balls out per second.

Jack & Coke
07-25-2003, 03:31 PM
JEDI,

PLEASE... if you wish to argue and flame people regarding sweet-spotting, please CREATE your OWN thread.

This thread is about WHICH GUN WOULD YOU CHOOSE IN A SPECIAL RULES TOURNAMENT... NOT about the morals of SWEET-SPOTTING.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't muck up my thread... thanks :)

Thordic
07-25-2003, 03:33 PM
Adam, I never said I condoned bounce, or would use it in real life. But in the fantasy land that is this poll, an M98 with RT trigger would have 1.5X more firepower than any other gun.

If the rules allow for something that gives you an edge, you wouldn't take it?

If the NPPL rules didn't have a rule against trigger bounce, it was deemed perfectly legal, you wouldn't use it even though it gave you distinct edge?

We aren't talking about playing in the grey here. That's cheating. We are talking about using every advantage at your disposal while still playing WITHIN the rules.

Tourney players are likely to push things further in real life. I can't even count the number of times I have heard serious tourney players talk about how to play the grey.

Fine, in real life, trigger bounce isn't safe. Who gives a flick, because in this poll, reality is out the window.

RRfireblade
07-25-2003, 05:52 PM
First off,

R/T/X Mag, since when can a bouncing Tippy out shoot a bouncing Mag? I can R/T my Mag well beyond my Halo till the L10's kicking in like every other shot.;)

Also,if your banning electros(I assume 'cause of ROF) why allow R/T guns?

Jay.

Jack & Coke
07-25-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

Also,if your banning electros(I assume 'cause of ROF) why allow R/T guns?

You assume wrong... :)

I like electros... :)

I just thought it's be fun to see which gun you'd choose if ONLY MECHANICAL GUNS were allowed.

Remember the old stories of two gentlement just about to duel to the death. A third guy opens a box and says, "choose your weapon".

If you want to humor yourself, just pretend Smart Parts killed off the electro market, and NPPL and PSP created a MECH only divison...

I don't know...

be creative...! :) LOL!

Don't take this too seriously, just have fun with it...

BTW, looks like PBN like cockers :) http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=280894

RRfireblade
07-25-2003, 06:34 PM
Nah,
I'm not taking it seriously,I just figured the only real diffenecr between Mech and Elec was the trigger pull.

Also,I was just going to mention your PBNation post and the Cocker results, pretty interesting huh?(the results not that I just noticed your other post)

Jay.

Prairie
07-25-2003, 06:35 PM
Go go m98.

Jack & Coke
07-25-2003, 06:46 PM

Also,I was just going to mention your PBNation post and the Cocker results, pretty interesting huh?(the results not that I just noticed your other post)

Jay.

Yeah, especially since I posted it in a GENERAL forum... not the cocker forum.

Blazingace
07-25-2003, 06:55 PM
My sweet Retro Mini. It is pimped out and quicker than lightning.

FooTemps
07-25-2003, 07:06 PM
i'd take the gold double barrel emag without the battery pack! Cranck that up to 1100 psi and you've got double bps than any other rt in the tournament!

Jack & Coke
07-25-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
i'd take the gold double barrel emag without the battery pack! Cranck that up to 1100 psi and you've got double bps than any other rt in the tournament!

Muhahahah!

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2001/worldcup/gallery5/MVC149S.jpg

http://www.sacpaintball.com/articles/images/palmers/nastytyphoon.jpg

Crazy
07-25-2003, 07:56 PM
i'd take a shocktech cocker, single slide trigger with a 16" Ultralight and a whole lota paint =/

Pstan
07-25-2003, 08:55 PM
I voted AutoCocker.........my Autococker to be exact.

P

chizle97
07-25-2003, 09:26 PM
Hey Setinal TS with the new sear. those things are much better than spyders and other stacked blowbacks. im just coosin that cause i can shoot it faster than my mag.

Jack & Coke
01-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Are we realistic? PBN has:

Autococker - 130
Automag - 43

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=280894&highlight=%2Bmechanical

headcase
01-14-2004, 12:33 PM
Are we realistic? PBN has:

Autococker - 130
Automag - 43

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=280894&highlight=%2Bmechanical

NO, AO is not realistic. Assuming the above thread was posted in one of the general boards(not a cocker board), it should in theory be less biased towards one marker family.

QUINCYMASSGUY
01-14-2004, 01:05 PM
With retro allowed: Tippman 98 w/ Halo and reactivity cranked to extreme levels

w/o retro: Orracle

if it ever works: ULE mag w/ lvl 10, ult, and the sear mod so the pull is reduced w/o increase in pull weight. HUGE "if" there.

I hate to say it, but if mech tourneys ever became popular, retro should be banned just like electro, the whole idea is to limit the ROF to human levels and 1 shot 1 pull and by allowing reactivity you're defeating the purpose and basically making eliminating skill again. If tourney promoters allowed it, it'd be obvious their intent was really a way to circumvent SPs patent costs and still rope people into buying mech markers. I think a WAS with bounce is safer and involves more skill than a tippy with uncontrollable runaway reactivity.

tyrion2323
01-14-2004, 01:12 PM
I would take either:

xValved Mag w/
Logic Frame
Dallara Body and Rail
CP Gas Thru Foregrip
AIM Tsunami Drop with on/off
Empire barrel kit

OR

Hybrid Quest Numatix w/
AIM Tsunami Drop with on/off
Empire barrel kit

RRfireblade
01-14-2004, 01:15 PM
I don't think Retro=runaway or sweetspot exclusively.Reactive triggers within legal limits is not unlike lightening the pull on other markers to increase speed.I don't see a problem with it.I actually shoot faster on a classic valve,the R/T weight and reaction is not what I really like in a trigger.

Oh and if Full R/T is allowed.....Mag hands down over anything.:D

Jack & Coke
01-14-2004, 01:37 PM

Oh and if Full R/T is allowed.....Mag hands down over anything.:D

I agree 100% :Dhttp://www.automags.org/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

fallout11
01-14-2004, 01:37 PM
I just remembered about the "full-auto" features of the AT-85...

Yep, the AT-4/AT-85 would be my choice. Not as reliable as my RT, but it'd be fun.

nerobro
01-14-2004, 02:45 PM
A BPS Reflex Autococker. The only cocker without a trigger spring... :-) IT used a ram and a restrictor valve. The trigger ram ran on LPR pressure, the restrictor is how you set bolt open time. the guns were disgustingly fast. And effectively full auto. And by dialing that restrictor valve you could adjust the rof. :-) HALO's would make these guns unstoppable.

joshweinerhead
01-14-2004, 02:47 PM
RT BABY!!!!!!!!

Timmee
01-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Hmm, my choice would be:

Warp Right ULE bodied 'Mag
Halo feeding a Warp Feed
X-Valve
ULE Rail
ULT
2 finger frame modified for pneumatic sear engagement

Electro feel with no marker batteries to worry about. :D

Brophog
01-14-2004, 03:31 PM
I second Fred's vote!

Butterfingers
01-14-2004, 03:37 PM
If we allow sweetspotting the mech only markers will outshine even today's fastest electros...

AGD would dominate as it has a way to control ball breakage with L-10 if the sweetspot becomes too sweet.

The RT-P is just as fast if not faster than the tippy RT

http://paintball.butters.org

TheTramp
01-14-2004, 03:43 PM
I don't think Retro=runaway or sweetspot exclusively.Reactive triggers within legal limits is not unlike lightening the pull on other markers to increase speed.I don't see a problem with it.

I was starting to get a little ticked untill I finaly saw someone post this point. RT absolutly does not = runaway trigger bounce. Most of you guys who are saying you'll "sweetspot" aren't talking about sweetspoting at all. Cranking the input up and letting the trigger run away isn't sweetspoting.

I actually shoot faster on a classic valve,the R/T weight and reaction is not what I really like in a trigger.

I myself prefer the Retro as it allows me to shoot faster but that's just my expereance. I do think that for most people yhe RT absoultly can increase rate of fire due to the trigger returning faster. When you find the sweet spot it'll be the point when the trigger fully returns at exactly the same time/point you are ready to pull it again. However, if the harder pull really puts you off then obviously it's not for everyone.

bryceeden
01-14-2004, 03:44 PM
I would use an RTpro(no sweetspotting), but I use that now against electros, so I don't think it would matter.

maglover52
01-14-2004, 03:47 PM
i would take the cocker. i cant stand what agd is douing to there buisness.

Methylphenidate
01-14-2004, 03:50 PM
i have to agree with the masses on this one and say the rtp

Jack & Coke
01-14-2004, 04:21 PM
What if reactive triggers / sweet-spooting were NOT allowed in this fictitious ALL MECH TOURNAMENT?

Still stick with Mag?

TheTramp
01-14-2004, 04:27 PM
What if reactive triggers / sweet-spooting were NOT allowed in this fictitious ALL MECH TOURNAMENT?

Still stick with Mag?

Are you saying no reactivity at all or just the input down to the point were you CAN NOT get it to runaway?

If the first...I'd probably still go with a L10 Mag of some sort.

If the second..I'd take an RTP with 700-800psi input.

Just to be clear. All Mags (using mechanical frames/mode)have "reactivity." That's how the trigger is returned. It's just that the Retro type valves return harder than the classic.

Jack & Coke
01-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by nerobro
A BPS Reflex Autococker. The only cocker without a trigger spring... :-) IT used a ram and a restrictor valve. The trigger ram ran on LPR pressure, the restrictor is how you set bolt open time. the guns were disgustingly fast. And effectively full auto. And by dialing that restrictor valve you could adjust the rof. :-) HALO's would make these guns unstoppable.

nerobro,

that sounds interesting... do you have a link with more information about this special 'cocker?

Thanks

Jack & Coke
01-14-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

Are you saying no reactivity at all or just the input down to the point were you CAN NOT get it to runaway?

TheTramp,

sweet-spotting = simulated FA utilizing an exaggerated reactive trigger return force and a constant finger pressure on the trigger.

runaway = gun malfunctioning and firing all by itself with out any input from the user. If you disengage your finger from the trigger and the gun stops shooting, then it is not runaway.

This link will lead you to a video of a "runaway" gun:

RUN-AWAY GUN (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49258&highlight=RUNAWAY)

RRfireblade
01-14-2004, 04:43 PM

Still stick with Mag?

No reactivity at all?

Hmm,single trigger slider. Butta baby!!!

TheTramp
01-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Take a look back to all the threads on this definition from the beginning of this forum. It became one of those "Do a search!" issues.

At least as far as Mags go, runaway is the gun firing without you activly pulling the trigger. ie: keeping you finger in one spot and letting the trigger bounce off it.

The point of my last post was to ask if you ment one-shot-one-pull (no runaway or what ever you want to call it) or no reactivity at all.

GT
01-14-2004, 04:45 PM
my Killer Klassic... Benchmark 2x, conquest, and classic valve. I would maybe put the lvlx in to give you guys a chance. I rarely chop in lvl7...

RRfireblade
01-14-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

At least as far as Mags go, runaway is the gun firing without you activly pulling the trigger. ie: keeping you finger in one spot and letting the trigger bounce off it.

Nope.That's sweetspotting..........or is it?;)

If you want to sound LESS illegal it's sweetspotting.If someone is doing it at YOU,it's runaway or bounce.:) I guess some poeple feel if you have at least SOME control,it's sweetspotting.I don't know,it all sounds about the same to me.

TheTramp
01-14-2004, 04:55 PM

Nope.That's sweetspotting..........or is it?;)

If you want to sound LESS illegal it's sweetspotting.If someone is doing it at YOU,it's runaway or bounce.:) I guess some poeple feel if you have at least SOME control,it's sweetspotting.I don't know,it all sounds about the same to me.

Well, it's a 5-10psi input fine line so it's probably all academic anyway.:)

Jack & Coke
01-14-2004, 04:58 PM

Hmm,single trigger slider. Butta baby!!!

I feel the same way too!

Which slider trigger cockers do you like?

Evo X?
http://www.belsales.co.uk/p.JPG

GX3?
http://www.ansxtreme.com/library/GX3_Bk_lg_ex.jpg

Eclipes?
http://www.pbreview.com/pics/eclipsecocker.jpg

others...

Any recommendations...?

68magOwner
01-14-2004, 05:00 PM
PPS blazer!

joshweinerhead
01-14-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Butterfingers

http://paintball.butters.org

sick webpage!

GA Devil
01-14-2004, 07:43 PM
I went mag not just cause of where we are..I just got rid of an orracle i didnt care for it.

DeeEight
01-15-2004, 01:12 AM
Anyone think of the ATS guns?

Mechanical, closed bolt and select-fire to boot.

Sir_Brass
01-15-2004, 01:21 AM
CF PPS Blazer with nickel highlights
-12" nickel plated, double vented, & matched PPS brass Barrel
-2x benchmark frame with nickel plated blade trigger
-blue/clear dye sticky3 grips
-68/4500 carbon fiber HPA preset tank
-male pps stab
-Halo B loader

Z-man
01-15-2004, 02:05 AM
reactivity or not I like the RT valve. You all know my semi-famous sig videos down there. I can life with 15-17 off the mech trigger and if I get to boots it, 22-23 is not bad either ;)

Evil1
01-15-2004, 03:52 AM
I think I would want a classic RT w/ intelliframe since I wanted one when they first came out but didn,t have the money, so that would be my gun of choice.

breg
01-15-2004, 06:35 AM
I'd just grab my RT/pro, and rock and roll.
This is a great idea, is this going to go anywhere? Kind of like a retro (not referring to Mags) style game? I think this would be really cool. Too bad I'm going to Turkey in May...:(

fallout11
01-15-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by DeeEight
Anyone think of the ATS guns?

Mechanical, closed bolt and select-fire to boot.

I did!

Originally posted by fallout11

Yep, the AT-4/AT-85 would be my choice. Not as reliable as my RT, but it'd be fun none the less.

Jack & Coke
01-16-2004, 08:05 PM
AT-85 and friends... :)

http://www.getrealpaintball.com/images/medium_gun.gif

http://www.getrealpaintball.com/images/at85_bottle.jpg

http://www.getrealpaintball.com/images/at85_tactical.jpg

http://www.getrealpaintball.com/images/main_at10.jpg

http://www.getrealpaintball.com/images/sniper16.jpg

Click here to watch a video of the AT-85! (http://www.unitedpaintball.com/Movies/at851.mpg)

Click here to watch another video of the AT-85! (http://www.unitedpaintball.com/Movies/at852.mpg)

These guns would allow you to kick serious butt in this hypothetical ALL MECHANICAL GUN (anything goes) Tournament!

:D