PDA

View Full Version : best high-output tank

brett
07-25-2003, 01:57 PM
from your experience whats the best high output adjustable tank, besides the flatline. I would be willing to get a max-flow:( if it will have the best preformance but I also was looing into the dynaflow but cant seem to find them anywhere.

it will be going on and rt mag and viking so the output pressure will be 825 for mag and I will turn it down for the viking to 675

EsPo
07-25-2003, 01:59 PM
centerflags adjustable is nice .. hte name slips my mind.. dynaflow i think.. my buddy had one.. really nice

Kevmaster
07-25-2003, 03:08 PM
Dynaflow or Hyperflow

best reg ive ever used. Amazing consistancy, very fast recharge, nifty on-off that drains the whole gun

dcmander
07-25-2003, 03:16 PM
I agree. I have a dynaflow and I love it.

I think the best feature is the on/off because it bleeds the whole line of the gun. Most people don't know how important and nifty this is.

Before I got my dyna everyone kept warning me of the loud POP that it makes when you turn it off.. All I gotta say is THEY TOTALLY OVEREXAGGERATED! LOL, they all said that whenever they turned their tank off everyone around them goes, "what was that?!" It is NOT very loud.

I would get a dynaflow over everything else just because of this feature. It is that important.

The reg is also very compact and good looking.

brett
07-25-2003, 03:44 PM
were can I get the dynaflow though! I looked at some of the major internet stores and none of them have them. I was leaning towards the dyna though couse it's smaller and lighter(I think)

GatoLoco
07-25-2003, 03:47 PM
How are the Mac Dev Conquests?

Duke Henry
07-25-2003, 04:26 PM
AA Apoc 2k.

Tank has never let any of my guns down, and the service is amazing too. Lifetime warranty = good.

dcmander
07-25-2003, 04:30 PM
Conquests are awesome too (i had an old style..i assume the new is the same performace.) Small, compact, and very light reg. However they are only for low input. Their max input is 600psi I think, so they aren't good for mags. Thats why i did not recommend the conquest to the starter of this thread; he wants high input tank.

The dyans are kinda hard to find. Kevmaster is a dealer i believe so he could hook you up. Brand new ones re 400$ though, too expensive for me. I picked one up used with about 2 years left on hydro for 215$. You just gotta check the classified.

Good luck.

afrankart
07-25-2003, 04:32 PM
Have Blue deals the dynaflows too.

brett
07-25-2003, 05:38 PM
dang! there 400 NEW!? I thought they would be about 300-350!
I dont know if I can spend that much:( because I can get a brand new maxxy for 339.99

does AA tanks take special drops that are made just for there tanks, and arent they pretty heavy to?

brett
07-25-2003, 10:17 PM
I've never used a preset crossfire on a rt valve before so I was wondering those of you who have could tell me the reactivity that they got

I really love those 72ci peanut tanks gotta have one!

dcmander
07-25-2003, 11:07 PM
What is wrong with buying used?

Yes, most people think the AA tanks are heavy, and they are a pain to mount.

I still say go for a used dyna.

brett
07-26-2003, 05:57 PM
does the dyna have a built in dovetail adapter, and if it does doesnt it wear out? the dovetail on my flatline has a bunch of those pressure screw marks

dcmander
07-26-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by brett
does the dyna have a built in dovetail adapter, and if it does doesnt it wear out? the dovetail on my flatline has a bunch of those pressure screw marks

Yup, it has a dovetail.

Every dovetail is going to have pressure marks form the set screws..thats just how it keeps itself attached.

I think that some drops wont fit the dovetail. Some drops (I think shocktech is one..I just use a CP rail drop and it works fine.) are too small for the dovetail, and they have been causing the dovetail to break or something. It talks about it on the centerflag site. It also says that dovetails breaking due to use with other drop forwards isn't under warranty.

I love dynaflows. Best HP tank out there.

beefstew
07-26-2003, 11:31 PM
i have a HP maxy for sale, black/silver new style, 68, hydro is last month, 240 buckaroos shiped [/plug]
great tanks faster recharge than a dyna, more consistant i believe.

personman
07-26-2003, 11:57 PM
Dude, your talking about buying a brand new maxxy, IE supporting smart parts, when you have an Anti-Smart parts comment in your sig? Thast just wrong.

BajaBoy
07-27-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by personman
Dude, your talking about buying a brand new maxxy, IE supporting smart parts, when you have an Anti-Smart parts comment in your sig? Thast just wrong.

who are you talking about, beef? looks like he took it out haha.

dcmander
07-27-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by beefstew
great tanks faster recharge than a dyna, more consistant i believe.

Nope. :) :P

brett
07-27-2003, 11:22 AM

lets just say I wasnt thinking right when I posted that:p
anyway it would be used from a friend but it is brand new.(he bought it new 2 weeks ago) I have in fact used it more than he has:D now he said I could have it for 300

I would like to learn more about the armageddon and apocalypse tanks cause they have everything I want just a little on the heavier side

xmetal2001
07-27-2003, 02:39 PM
I'm a big fan of the dynaflows. Great tanks.

personman
07-27-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by brett
lets just say I wasnt thinking right when I posted that:p
Damn strait you werent :p

beefstew
07-27-2003, 09:18 PM
I know for a fact that the max-flo broken in, vs the dynaflow broken in that:
The max-flow is more consistant.
The dyna flow is less consistant and spikes nearing the end of the tank full of pressure
Maxflow has as good or better recharge
Dyna, brand new, mabye three weeks old has recharge issues at 20 or so bps.

These tanks were almost new, run on the same gun.

GatoLoco
07-29-2003, 04:08 PM
has anybody used these on any marker? (http://www.paintballgear.net/031-4010.html)

afrankart
07-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Yeah, that's the tank I currently use.

dcmander
07-29-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by beefstew
I know for a fact that the max-flo broken in, vs the dynaflow broken in that:
The max-flow is more consistant.
The dyna flow is less consistant and spikes nearing the end of the tank full of pressure
Maxflow has as good or better recharge
Dyna, brand new, mabye three weeks old has recharge issues at 20 or so bps.

These tanks were almost new, run on the same gun.

Well, you must not know that much about dynaflows because they were designed to inrease the output pressure as the tank gets lower on air. These tanks were designed this way so they WOULD have the best recharge and would never make the gun have shootdown.

They were designed to be the best in this area, and i believe they are.

Kevmaster
07-29-2003, 07:13 PM
if you still want a Dynaflow, PM me. I can tell you though, they will be at LEAST 400 whereever you go...including me

paintballbeaver
07-29-2003, 07:16 PM
AA armageddon seems to be the best tank i've used over dynaflows, hyperflows and maxys

Telefragged
07-29-2003, 07:24 PM
I'll agree to that, I've had nothing but excellent performance out of my Armageddon. The regulator is as consistent as anything else around, and it works well within a wide range of output pressures. AA Tanks are a little heavy, but the reg internals are all stainless steel, they're tough as nails, not to mention AA has a hell of a warranty on the stuff they sell. The seperate Reg/Bottle is also a nice little feature, making it easier to store and transport without removing the whole tank from the gun.

Clockwork_Orange
07-29-2003, 09:15 PM
Is the Flatline just as good as the Dynaflow and Hyperflow???

In a comparison which one would you guys prefer?

Kevmaster
07-29-2003, 09:33 PM
i CHOSE the dynaflow over the flatline...why? they actually stock reg seats :D

fire1811
07-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Kevmaster
i CHOSE the dynaflow over the flatline...why? they actually stock reg seats :D

ouch!!! :p

Clockwork_Orange
Is the Flatline just as good as the Dynaflow and Hyperflow??? In a comparison which one would you guys prefer?

i have had a hyperflow and flatline and i prefer the flatline.

tye92
07-30-2003, 10:37 PM
CENTERFLAG REGS. ROCK AND HAVE VERY GOOD(flow)OUTPUT. I LOVE MINE.

afrankart
07-31-2003, 06:51 PM
How much pressure can you get out of a dynaflow? I know the maxi's are 1k and the flatline is something like 1.2k but how high does the dynaflow go? Also, is there much maintenance to them? Thx

Kevmaster
07-31-2003, 07:17 PM
i've had it to 1200....prolly CAN do more....burst disk goes at 1800