PDA

View Full Version : Viking

truss
07-25-2003, 07:20 PM
just wanted to see some set ups and hear what you guys have on your viking?

brett
07-25-2003, 07:39 PM
Just ordered it!:D

IMMORTAL viking type 3 blue anno
scm
razor blade
no-rise
all was-board-eyes-switch
eye covers
tool kit
halo
scepter
deciding on tank

yeh it'll rip!:)

I'm just woried I'll like it so much that my mag will get some dust:(

Jon/xpm
07-25-2003, 09:30 PM
go to darkviking.com
they have all your viking needs :)

Steelrat
07-25-2003, 09:41 PM
Black unmilled Viking

WAS Equalizer board (stock on new Vikings, available at www.wickedairsportz.com)
Wicked eyes (www.wickedairsportz.com) $20
Wicked switch (www.wickedairsportz.com) $10
03 Dye stickies (anywhere, $20)
System-X drop
Stock Javelin barrel (for now, hammerhead here I come!)
JMJ eye covers
Halo B (a must)

What I need to get:

SCM
Hammerhead barrel system, or Stiffi barrel
Clamping no-rise

Steelrat
07-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Oh, and Brett, I'd get out the duster, I expect your Viking to get the majority of your attention for a while.
Let me tell you, they're awesome. And it sounds like you are getting a fully-loaded model. Enjoy!

ZAust
07-26-2003, 01:58 AM
urgg i want a viking soooooooooooooo bad. steelrat, your viking was absolutely ripping when i shot it. breet, do you have pictures of your viking? im interested in seeing it.

Jon/xpm
07-26-2003, 02:06 AM
their really really cheap
740 for a new one with was board :)
dye 3 stickies, razor trigga, and low rise

Steelrat
07-26-2003, 02:15 AM
Zack, heres a nice thread showing off all the different body styles:

www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=276874 (http://)

The funny thing is, when you were using it, the eyes were disabled, so it had a 13 bps limit on its ROF. Now that I have the eye covers, I have the eyes re-enabled, and the ROF cap is lifted completely.

Prairie
07-26-2003, 02:15 AM
http://www.midatlanticpb.com/gunpics/aka/afteriao2.JPG

WAS Board

SCM on the way...

Hammerhead barrel..

Erm...goodness.

Steelrat
07-26-2003, 02:19 AM
How do you like that hammerhead? Thats exactly what I want to get for my Viking.

And get the eyes, fellow Viking owner, and say "goodbye" to any chops...

Jon/xpm
07-26-2003, 03:28 AM
not much fan of the hammer head
personaly i would go with the edge kit :)

Prairie
07-26-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Steeratt
How do you like that hammerhead? Thats exactly what I want to get for my Viking.

The hammerhead rocks...sooooo much..much more accurate than a freak, scepter, or edge with a perfect match in our testing.

Plus it cleans itself out completely in 2 shots.

AllAmericanMag
07-26-2003, 09:55 AM
Viking was the best gun I ever owned. I still hit myself in the face with a shovel every night for getting rid of it....well, not really, but it was a great gun.

bunkermaster10
07-26-2003, 12:03 PM
My friends viking (bad pic)-

magman007
07-26-2003, 12:58 PM
A litle gripe about the hammer head....

They are using sheer BS to sell it. First off, look at the control bore, its at most, 2 inches long.

2nd off, they say they spin the ball, not alot, but "just enough" apparently this has an effect?(cough not! tom already showed us that spinning paintballs is friviolous)

3rd off, they say they have an area to allow the ball to reform into a spherical shape, where we all know, that the balls do not deform while traveling throughout the barrel.

you see, the hammerhead is sheer bs behind it. A TUBE IS A TUBE IS A TUBE people.

Jon/xpm
07-26-2003, 02:32 PM
can someone link me to the hammer head pics
i remember seeing in the store and it looked pretty cheap quality but watever

why would Prairie be advertising it?

brett
07-26-2003, 02:58 PM
Oh, and Brett, I'd get out the duster, I expect your Viking to get the majority of your attention for a while.

Yeh I was really lucky and got in on the Immortal bulk order even though the time frame to get in on it was up.

For the price he quoted me I just couldnt pass it up!

Prairie
07-26-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Jon/xpm
can someone link me to the hammer head pics
i remember seeing in the store and it looked pretty cheap quality but watever

why would Prairie be advertising it?

I don't support crappy products. Period...

the hammerhead needs to be tested to believe (and can be fairly easily...talk to hammerhead to work out a deal)

_Spork_1
07-26-2003, 03:20 PM
1/2 milled viking w/
up'd ROF
black razor trigger(god like pull)
12inch cp
WAS micro switch

great gun can't believe i didn't buy it before.

magman007
07-26-2003, 04:43 PM
prairie, i didnt say you were supporting a crappy product, i said you were allowing your self to be sucepted to hype. there is no way that this barrel, can shoot better than any other barrel in its class. Is the bore smoothe? is it consistent? thats all that really matters! ball spinning does nothing

a large area to allow the ball to become a sphere again, well dye and smartparts have ben doing that for ages, its called a step bore barrel

ITs a tube, and i did speak to hammer head, ast Riot[Z-Grip] he was there with me, and he agrees, they are using old 1996 BS to sell products.

the man even told me my mag was nice, because on a dyno mags make a nice wavey pattern, and not a spikey pattern, he even illustrated with his fingers how mags compared to other guns.

HE alsos aid they did extensive testing ont heir barrels, well id believe that, if he didnt make his barrel with a crap load of bs behind it

Prairie
07-26-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by magman007
prairie, i didnt say you were supporting a crappy product, i said you were allowing your self to be sucepted to hype. there is no way that this barrel, can shoot better than any other barrel in its class. Is the bore smoothe? is it consistent? thats all that really matters! ball spinning does nothing

Who ever said I bought into hype?

Have you TESTED this barrel, actually comparing it to other barrels in its class as you say?

I have...he allowed me to do an entire test on it, versus a freak, scepter, and edge...and in my preference, not even having to do with the spiel I love this barrel...not based on any testing on spin (all of what you said btw, is false, and is not what hammerhead says about spin.)

Barrels are personal preference, but you cannot knock a barrel until you have actually tried it (unless of course it's the ramrod.)

Jon/xpm
07-26-2003, 07:40 PM
Prairie-yea i would like test it out...
to see if its actually really that great...
so how would i go about it?
lmk

Jon/xpm
07-26-2003, 07:43 PM
Their in the local shops around here and dont get much hype or talk and dont looks to be really an awesome barrel but you never kno intill you try it ...
my fault for bashing before trying but...
it still looks cheap quality for high dollared prices(might be wrong on the price thou)
is it 250 for a front 3 backs?
lmk

Ov3rmind
07-26-2003, 07:53 PM
Awesome gun Prairie, great choice of color and sticker (;)). Anyway, I still have that Viking vid you posted a while back on PBN, still watch it every once and a while when I'm craving a Viking too. If everything works out, I should have my first Viking by the end of next month though.

Prairie
07-26-2003, 08:45 PM
That's awesome, if youre looking to buy new i'd check out the dark viking (www.yeppers-llc.com)

good luck!

Ov3rmind
07-26-2003, 08:49 PM
I was actually going to buy a red or blue unmilled Viking from Select Paintball. I just have this hangup about the matte black, doesn't swing well with me for some reason. Yeah I know, performance comes first, but in the end I'll pay a few extra bucks to make it look prettier.:) The Dark Viking is an excellent deal if you don't mind the matte black though.

_Spork_1
07-27-2003, 03:43 AM
when i get another viking again, it'll be a feather light, but i gotta have fun with my ULE mag for a while first

Pballwizz
07-27-2003, 02:38 PM
I think a Viking is going to be my next gun, I think there suprisingly cheap for waht u get, there like angels, but better, LOL:p

Crazy
07-27-2003, 07:46 PM
"break in period"... enough said.

Ov3rmind
07-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Crazy
The new solenoids shortened the break in period significantly, and if you play regularly with a gun that fast it shouldn't be too long anyway.

_Spork_1
07-27-2003, 09:08 PM

most guns have a break in period, and like overmind said, if you play regerally(sp) like you should then it will be broken in a month to 2 tops.

And before it's even broken in it still performs better than most guns.

Go spread crap about other guns.

Crazy
07-27-2003, 09:42 PM
by breakin period,which aka guns have like 2 or 3, i mean break down period... having to send the back to the factory is stupid. I've seen more aka guns break down than i would perfer to see.

Ov3rmind
07-27-2003, 09:52 PM
by breakin period,which aka guns have like 2 or 3, i mean break down period... having to send the back to the factory is stupid. I've seen more aka guns break down than i would perfer to see.
I couldn't say the same. Then again their numbers are limited here, but I have never actually seen one break down. And besides that, they are still built with higher quality than most other guns available, you can feel it. They feel like a tank, the ano is tough as nails, and they require almost no maintanence. Besides, if you have a tool kit, sending it to the factory is not necessary.

Crazy
07-27-2003, 10:22 PM
i'd rather not need a datalink to turn my gun on, and yes thy do feel like a tank, they are, of course, the size of a shoebox shocker.

Ov3rmind
07-27-2003, 10:32 PM
i'd rather not need a datalink to turn my gun on, and yes thy do feel like a tank, they are, of course, the size of a shoebox shocker.
You don't need a datalink to turn your gun on. It's a lot smaller and lighter than a Shocker, trust me.

Prairie
07-27-2003, 10:50 PM
AKA Bashing a little stiff, eh?

To clear some things up

- I dont know what youre talking about with the datalink, i think i missed something

- I've yet to see an AKA viking break down...I've seen one was board fail, which was quickly fixed by AKA when they didnt have to at IAO

- You do know that most WDP problems, Timmy problems, and matrix problems require the guns be sent back to the factory?

- Size of a shoebox? I highly doubt it, but I can't find size specs on the old shockers.

tootles,

prairie

Jon/xpm
07-27-2003, 11:21 PM
Crazy-mag owner?
ive owned impys, mags, cockers, vikings etc etc etc

personally best gun i would choose out of all them are the viking... very cheap and yet very great quality...

wat gun does not have a problem... can you name a single company which has not had a problem with ANY of their guns...
im going to purchase a new viking(been trying to gather the cash just need to sell somethings and etc)
i traded my vik when the new stuff came out and have missing that thing since i got rid of it

vikings are so simple :)
great right out of the box
you can if "wanted" send it in to lower lpr and etc....

lack of grace
07-28-2003, 11:54 PM

Not only are you wrong, but your a gigantic idiot as well.

go rot away

swat150
07-29-2003, 09:58 AM
Im selling my FF Trix to get one, because I feel they have the best bang for the buck.

Benfica4ever
07-29-2003, 11:50 PM
I hate how these things look but man they must rip........wish i had one:(

magman007
07-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Prairie

Who ever said I bought into hype?

Have you TESTED this barrel, actually comparing it to other barrels in its class as you say?

I have...he allowed me to do an entire test on it, versus a freak, scepter, and edge...and in my preference, not even having to do with the spiel I love this barrel...not based on any testing on spin (all of what you said btw, is false, and is not what hammerhead says about spin.)

Barrels are personal preference, but you cannot knock a barrel until you have actually tried it (unless of course it's the ramrod.)

I have seen the barrel demmo, and i was not impressed, there was no difference in accuracy between the 2.

Aldso about the spin facts, that is exactally what he said, and the facts about spin, have been proven, spinning pantballs isa hoax

Riot[Z-Grip]
07-30-2003, 07:09 PM
Ok.. now I didn't actually see a demo or test the barrel myself, but I will concur with Magman over what the booth guy told us:

"We spin the paintball......"
"We allow the front of the paintball to reform down the barrel...."
"I'll give you this ball sizer for free, a $15 value...." ::guy puts ball sizer back away::

The control bores on the multi-bore kits are like 2" long. What is that good for? Maybe keeping the ball in the barrel if you shoot a cocker...

The barrels might be decent for the money, but they are NOT all the booth workers hyped them up to be.

-Riot

magman007
07-30-2003, 08:28 PM
pat i thought you were with me when the barrel demo went on... I guess not

_Spork_1
07-30-2003, 09:12 PM

not only do i not believe this crap that you're saying, but also prooved you know nothing about vikings, making your bashing comments worthless.

Miscue
07-30-2003, 09:22 PM
I was quite irritated by the Hammerhead guys at the booth. Selling snake oil.

No barrel can overcome the inherent inaccuracy of a paintball. All a barrel does is help get the ball up to 300fps...

A barrel has very little to do with accuracy... but for some reason people get upset when you tell them this.

Steelrat
07-30-2003, 10:42 PM
Okay then, what DOES affect accuracy?

Miscue
07-30-2003, 10:43 PM
Velocity control. Quality of paint.

Steelrat
07-30-2003, 10:46 PM
Velocity control? From shot to shot?

Steelrat
07-30-2003, 10:47 PM
I can see the "roundness" of the ball playing a very large role in the accuracy. I agree with you there. In fact, I think that is probably the most important thing.

Miscue
07-30-2003, 10:48 PM
Um, yeah.

Steelrat
07-30-2003, 10:52 PM
Im getting your sarcasm.

Miscue
07-30-2003, 10:54 PM
?

No attempt at sarcasm was made... this time.

Steelrat
07-30-2003, 10:57 PM
I think a barrel cannot completely overcome the inherent inaccuracy of a paintball, but I think a well made barrels can affect accuracy to a small degree.

About the rifling, who knows...I certainly havent done enough research to say one way or the other.

Crazy
07-31-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by _Spork_1

not only do i not believe this crap that you're saying, but also prooved you know nothing about vikings, making your bashing comments worthless.

did i ever claim to know any technical stuff about them? No. I just know the fact that i live and play in indiana where 90% of the population shoots the damn pos guns and watch them break all the time.

Bensongg
07-31-2003, 10:36 AM
Man, quit eating those paint chips. 90% of the population in your area shoot Vikings and break down alot, while every Viking owner cant say enough good things about em. Do you guys live under alot of powerlines, or are you just jealous?
My viking would own your scrawney behind in a heartbeat.

Crazy
07-31-2003, 11:57 AM
Since wall know, every viking owner in existance posts on AO and on this thread even. Jealous that you can pay out the butt for a gun like that? hell no.
and on the "owning" part... why would you say that? you've never even seen me play...
only thing aka ever made wirth buying was a sidewinder..

Bensongg
07-31-2003, 12:03 PM
We post because those of us Viking owners who post on AO also own or have owned mags? I sold my backup mag and my BKO to pay for my Viking and I wouldnt ever turn back.
But you gotta go somewhere after you build the tightest mech mag in existence:)
http://www.printproofing.com/greg/ULERight150dpi.jpg
Which also would own you. :eek:

RetroEclipseMan
07-31-2003, 02:22 PM

You obviously haven't held or even shot one have you. If you had you'd know that they're actually quite compact and with a norise can be made into a small setup. Sure, they're not as small as an X-Mag or 2k3 Shocker but for tehir appearance they're pretty small. You can't beat the price either. For $750 you can pick up a brand new Dark Viking with pretty much all the upgrades you need besides the eye.

You should also tell all those people that play in your area that if they'd actually take care of their guns they wouldn't break. I just got done playing Pan Am Seattle and AKA was there and out of all the vikings there they only had to tech l gun the whole time and that was just because the owner couldn't get the lpr set right. That's pretty good if you ask me.

Jon/xpm
07-31-2003, 03:13 PM
RetroEclipseMan-they have that very very small jmj one
which compares to the xmag and shocker...

Crazy-wat gun do you k now?
angel?(would explain alot)
mag?(would explain alot)

Kaiser Bob
07-31-2003, 03:21 PM
nah i know what gun he has, you are barking up the wrong tree there :)

Jon/xpm
07-31-2003, 03:49 PM
yea a GZ
now that i think of it...
i think hes just jealous and wants one :)
he know that the viking is faster then the gz :)
easier to take care of(just couple drops of oil in the asa)
and is a really pimp gun :)

Kaiser Bob
07-31-2003, 06:05 PM
curly had a gz, has a truma trix now and i think crazy still has a high end matrix of some sort

magman007
07-31-2003, 06:17 PM
RetroEclipseMan-they have that very very small jmj one
which compares to the xmag and shocker...

Crazy-wat gun do you k now?
angel?(would explain alot)
mag?(would explain alot)

im going to assume you wanted to say What gun to you own now, or what gun do you know, and im going to respond in like fasion

John, what gun do you know?
Viking?(Would explain alot)

Now, if he is a mag user, does that automatically make him thick headed? maybe he is just dense? Maybe you are even more dense, for insulting mag owners. Think about it.

Bensongg, quit talking trash over the net, your mech mag isnt impresive, and your viking doesnt impress me either, its the person behing the marker that counts, and the way you act, you dont impress me.

Spork, you know AKA had a reliability issue, and as a mag owner, i realize that old stereotypes are hard to shake, so be respectful and turn the other cheek ok?

everyone else, GET ALONG!

Crazy
07-31-2003, 06:47 PM
take your pick.

Ov3rmind
07-31-2003, 06:49 PM
take your pick.
I pick the Angel and the Matrix. I expect them to be at my doorstep in one week.;)

Bensongg
07-31-2003, 07:35 PM
You talking bout US paying out the butt for markers that supposedly break down all the time? :)
And magman, was I talking to you? Is your huge signature and the fact you have an SFL supposed to impress me? And who the hell is puttin down mag owners? I own one and have owned many and Im sure Jon does or has as well. Why else would we be on AO?
Seems to me like we are divided:
Those talking smack about a certain marker.
Those defending said markers.
And cyber hippies and mod-wannabes
Yeah, we step across the line and switch sides often, but I know what side Im on at the time instead of whining about getting along. Do you do that in real life? I laugh in your face.
As for trash-talkin, last I heard, there was freedom of speech, even in cyberspace.
Maybe you cant tell good time smack talk and sarcasm over the web, but its nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.
*Edit - I just hafta remember Im dealing with adolescents.

magman007
07-31-2003, 07:57 PM
Ben, the fact that i own a sfl, is notr supposed to impress you, and the graphic is not huge, its well within the limits ;)

now, the reason i have that in my sig, is because i am down proud to own a sfl e-mag, as im sure your proud to own a viking, and you were proud of your mechanical mag.

Now, i said to stop talking smack about your marker owning others, because frankly its the player not he marker, and i made the remark about your mag, because you had called it something i didnt agree on. so take your own medicine ben, dont make your self look like an adolecent hypocrit

also ben, you better watch your self, or om gunna haxor your boxorz and roxorz your soxorz and urinate on you as well! ;)

now lets all lighten up, there are flaws in every marker, mags appear to have efficiency problems now, aka guns have break in, matrixes are heavy etc.....

Miscue
07-31-2003, 10:29 PM
/me raises iron fist.

Jon/xpm
07-31-2003, 11:32 PM
Well i have had two emags and both have broken
so....?
i do li ke the xmag but their out priced for me :)
and i do like the ule x-valed mags :)
just an emag hator :)
Anything with out a lvl 10 suxs unless you want to do 5bps

where are all these peeps getting rumors about aka
i like the rumors thou
keep vikings at out of more people hands
thats a good thing... less competition :)

magman007-yes some mag owners are thick headed...
they assume their gun is the best on the market and never breaks down... well i disagree on that and i kno every gun breaks down...
before the lvl 10 the emag was just a POS...
no matter with a tune or not t hat thing would be a blender...
you want to compare things
how about this
a stock viking vs a stock emag on weight
viking wins WOOt WooT :)
emag use to be a brick but now with ule parts that thing is lighter :)
so we can go in circles all day
how about this
regular mags with xvalves and xmags are good
and vikings are pimp
coo?

Crazy
08-01-2003, 12:19 AM
I really like how that company jumped on Warped Sportz bandwagon with the "Dark" viking...:rolleyes:

Jon/xpm
08-01-2003, 12:22 AM
Crazy-do you just want to keep on fighting
just get a viking
it will make everyone else happy
we all know you want one...

Jon/xpm
08-01-2003, 12:25 AM
Crazy-i mean if you really want to do this and that
i mean ... did bob long make the delrin bolt?
so?
also bout the adjustable ram cap
one company made it now likes their is 3 to 4 different kinds out
just like the smart parts thing of the on/off!

Crazy
08-01-2003, 01:02 AM
little different considering the "Dark" markers were Warped Signature series guns.

Bensongg
08-01-2003, 06:31 AM
I cant be an adolescent hypocrite, Im 32. And the Viking break-in period is not a flaw. It rox outta the box.:p

minimag187
08-01-2003, 10:36 AM
Well I got a 1/2 milled dark viking /w was eye etc from the owner of darkviking.com (has 12k shots on it, basically and was his own gun). Its coming today =) Ill let you know how good it is hehe.

Bensongg
08-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Congratulations, you will NOT be disappointed. I havent got my eyes yet, but then I havent chopped any balls yet either.

Kaiser Bob
08-01-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by minimag187
Well I got a 1/2 milled dark viking /w was eye etc from the owner of darkviking.com (has 12k shots on it, basically and was his own gun). Its coming today =) Ill let you know how good it is hehe.

Damn you i wanted that gun :P

Ov3rmind
08-01-2003, 12:38 PM
I really like how that company jumped on Warped Sportz bandwagon with the "Dark" viking...:rolleyes:
And it must perform terribly because of it.:rolleyes:

swat150
08-01-2003, 01:05 PM
I just got it, and it totally rips and is quite a bit lighter than I thought it would be, and the eye works like a charm. Also the trigger is FAST!

minimag187
08-01-2003, 01:18 PM
Ahhhhh, cousin keeps logging in and I dont know about it.

Jon/xpm
08-01-2003, 08:48 PM
minimag187-lucky punk
that gun is awesome!

Crazy
08-01-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

And it must perform terribly because of it.:rolleyes:

Are you implying that warped guns perform terribly...? If so thats pretty sad there buddy.

Ov3rmind
08-02-2003, 12:04 AM

Are you implying that warped guns perform terribly...? If so thats pretty sad there buddy.
No, but you said it like it was a bad thing (because they were stealing the name). I was merely implying that it doesn't effect the gun at all.

Crazy
08-02-2003, 12:34 AM

No, but you said it like it was a bad thing (because they were stealing the name).

enough said.

Ov3rmind
08-02-2003, 01:07 AM

enough said.
Mmmmmm, selective quoting.

wallace9111
08-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Crazy you say that a viking is the size of a shocker and weighs the same here is just what you need to see to prove you wrong!

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68079

this is a viking vs. angel wieght picture comparison!!!!

wallace9111
08-06-2003, 07:19 PM
and instead of bs which is better or faster here is a video of viking vs. speed.

video didnt work the rest do. read the thread there is a comparision of viking vs. excalibur and the viking is clocked in at 19bps

the rest of the viking videos so you guys can see some viking power.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=189251

Crazy
08-06-2003, 11:31 PM
did i ever mention angel? try a timmy there buddy.

Crazy
08-06-2003, 11:33 PM
and actually,if that vid clip shows all that the viking can do, then thats pretty slow..

Steelrat
08-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Youre right, Vikings suck, go find another thread to pick on.

Crazy
08-06-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Steeratt
Youre right, Vikings suck, go find another thread to pick on.

at least we've come to an agreement :D

No sKiLLz
08-07-2003, 01:17 PM
I don't get it. Does AKA offer some type of incentive deal to their customers? Like, "Pitch us as the best thing you have ever used for 90 days and we give you a free barrel condom"?

Dark Vikings are $850 stripped, not $750. I can almost get an Angel Speed for that price.

Oh wait, isn't there a video clip that shows the Viking kicking the crap out of an Angel?

Guess what, there's also a clip that shows vice versa. Once again, believing what your told i.e. minimag187 who gets a viking right after a FF Trauma Matrix (which wasn't that good to begin with but everybody told him it would be better than paying the extra $100 for an NYX).

Wake up. Everybody here is voicing their opinion. To say the Viking is the best marker ever made is not a true statement till you add "In my personal limited opinion which should not be taken as gospel". To claim it is better than a high end marker like a Species Intimidator, NYX Matrix, or even an Angel Speed without having picked any of these markers up is an empty claim and you should admit it with your statement, or not make the statement at all.

The funny thing is, after borrowing several Vikings and an Excalibur I had considered picking up a Viking as a backup. But now after seeing what it does to your brain I'm buying an Angel Speed. That, plus the fact the Viking is uber ugly.:p

Bensongg
08-07-2003, 01:33 PM
What does it do to our brains?
As for ugly, thats an opinion. Id rather have an unmilled black Viking than one of them ugly timmies with the whacked out anno. The only decent looking timmy is a GZ.

No sKiLLz
08-07-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Bensongg
What does it do to our brains?

*I rest my case.*

As for ugly, thats an opinion. Id rather have an unmilled black Viking than one of them ugly timmies with the whacked out anno. The only decent looking timmy is a GZ.

*Did I say Ugly? I meant Fugly.*

Bensongg
08-07-2003, 01:49 PM
AKA ATE MY BRAIN!!!!!! DO NOT BUY AKA PRODUCTS!!!!
At least then the people who want them wont have to wait as long
There are those of us who prefer clean lines compared to girly milling.
Function > Form

No sKiLLz
08-07-2003, 01:58 PM
Girly milling? How about the gay proliferation of skulls on your Mag grips?:rolleyes:

Bensongg
08-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Skulls = Gay? :eek:
Oh come on, you cant do any better than that?
I bet you could if you tried.

Crazy
08-07-2003, 02:29 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~zo/abc.jpg

usually reserved for a shocker, but it works with the aka guns also

Bensongg
08-07-2003, 02:46 PM
You know thats not true (cept for the SP part).

No sKiLLz
08-07-2003, 02:48 PM
Skulls = Gay? :eek:

*The point of milling is for aesthetic improvement (possibly weight reduction) which you attempted to accomplish with the Skulls on your grip frame. To knock milling is a hipocritical statement, especially when most milling has practical value of weight reduction where yours causes a weight increase. And straight men don't need skulls to feel tough.*

Oh come on, you cant do any better than that?
I bet you could if you tried.

*Don't really need to. You're a 32 year old skinhead from Minnesota who plays rec ball. Nuff said.*

Bensongg
08-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Real men dont mind a few extra ounces.
Curvy milling is feminine.
You are grasping at straws.

No sKiLLz
08-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Real men dont mind a few extra ounces.
Curvy milling is feminine.
You are grasping at straws.

;) Sure buddy. I can see I'm dealing with a real genius here who got top marks on his GED for reading comprehension. I'll let you get back to beating your wife and playing army with your circle jerk club.:rolleyes:

Marek
08-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Ouch, that's rough.

Bensongg
08-07-2003, 03:33 PM
You can insult my masculinity,
You can insult my education,
You can insult my club,
Do not insult the Circle Jerks!

I do have a HS Diploma, I did graduate from College. I would never beat my wife. I think youve got me confused with all the stereotypical skinheads youve seen on TV, which would make you just another media brainwashed retard.
Have a nice day!

Bensongg
08-07-2003, 03:34 PM
OOOOO...OOOO... Look at Mareks skull, is he gay too?

No sKiLLz
08-07-2003, 03:45 PM
I apologize for my misconceptions, Bensongg. We don't have a lot of skinheads out here in Southern California where racism and bigotry will get you your a$$ kicked.

And I'm sorry for making comments about beating your wife. I didn't realize it was the other way around.

BTW it's AKA not KKK.:D

Bensongg
08-07-2003, 04:05 PM
Good one. But for the record. Not all skins are racist.

Jon/xpm
08-07-2003, 04:09 PM
crazy

lets see the difference
takes 8 hrs to clean your gz
take 30 secounds to clean your viking
VIKING WINS

who shoots faster with the was board
timmy or viking
WooT ViKiNG WiNS aGaIn

Who needs a billion dollars in upgrades?
Timmy wins in this one darn they have to spend a billion buxs to make it work great oh well :(
TiMMies wInS

Spend sixs buxs on a bottle of cleaning stuff for the aka or spend 20 for dow55

We can argue all day long
I like Boths gun but prefer to have a new viking then spend a BillIon Dollars on a timmy just for upgrades
With that money i can get a custom ano job or some extra milling or buy a top of the line vik like JmJ

Wonder why bonebrake never did a timmy(they sux?)
bonebrake is coming out with a totally "hOt" viking :)
oh well timmy are in teh dust :)

Ov3rmind
08-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz
Dark Vikings are $850 stripped, not $750. I can almost get an Angel Speed for that price.

Actually you are both wrong, Dark Vikings start at $745. And so I don't look like an idiot, here's some proof to back up my claim: Yeppers Link (http://www.yeppers-llc.com/)

Any of these high end guns can shoot faster than you can pull. As far as ram-bolts go, the Viking is capable of cycling faster than a Timmy or an Angel, but it really doesn't matter.

Steelrat
08-07-2003, 04:20 PM
Wow, this thread has gone downhill.

Personally, I shot timmys, speed, etc etc, and I settled on the Viking. It was no contest. And so what if it looks like a brick? When you are playing, do you think your opponent pauses to reflect upon the beauty of your marker? Its all for show in between games. Is there another sport that you can think of where function takes a back seat to form?

No sKiLLz
08-07-2003, 04:26 PM
crazy

lets see the difference
VIKING WINS

**Says who? AKA?**

timmy or viking
WooT ViKiNG WiNS aGaIn

**Proof? Or is this your gut feeling?**

Timmy wins in this one darn they have to spend a billion buxs to make it work great oh well :(
TiMMies wInS

**What does an Intimidator "need" in upgrades? What's wrong with the way it shoots out of the box? Do you have any idea, or is this another thing you pulled out of your a$$?**

**FYI all inlines reccomend DOW. And if your spend 6 bucks on cleaning stuff for your marker, I will charge you only 5 for this spray bottle of water.**

I like Boths gun but prefer to have a new viking then spend a BillIon Dollars on a timmy just for upgrades
With that money i can get a custom ano job or some extra milling or buy a top of the line vik like JmJ

**Whatever makes it less of an eyesore*

oh well timmy are in teh dust :)

**Cuz Bonebrake is the best aftermarket company that mods markers. I wonder when there will be a Shocktech or Ironmen Viking...**

No sKiLLz
08-07-2003, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ov3rmind
[B]
Actually you are both wrong, Dark Vikings start at $745. And so I don't look like an idiot, here's some proof to back up my claim: Yeppers Link (http://www.yeppers-llc.com/)

Sorry, I didn't shop around much.:D

Ov3rmind
08-07-2003, 04:43 PM
On the maintanence, the Viking does require less than the Timmy. AKA does say so, but it's also true. All you do is put in a few drops of oil and it'll keep on running at optimal performance (no greasing or anything).

I believe WAS did a test on the cyclic rates of a few different guns. The Viking did come out on top. However, like I said before, it does not matter. You will not ever notice the difference as long as you are shooting semi. As far as I'm concerned, all open bolt high end guns are fast enough for EVERYONE.

Both guns have a few upgrades, neither really require them. From what I know, some Timmys need adjustable ram caps, but that's about it.

Personally I like the looks of the Viking more, mainly just because the Timmy looks like an extremely fancy Spyder (some even have cartoon dragons and "bones" milled into them :rolleyes: ). But to each his own, it really shouldn't effect your decision.

No sKiLLz
08-07-2003, 04:59 PM
Jon/xpm, look at Ov3rminds response and take a lesson. There are different ways to voice your opinion instead of using ridiculous exaggerations.

-=DFOX=-
08-07-2003, 05:15 PM
In response to the Brick pic, here's mine, i think they look sexy.

http://members.cox.net/foxshop/WASvikingblack.jpg

Has eyes and covers now.

Marek
08-07-2003, 05:37 PM
OOOOO...OOOO... Look at Mareks skull, is he gay too?

Hey now. It's a vampire skull, and vampires aren't gay, they're cool. (and non-existant, but beside the point)

All I can say is that I like Timmys over Angels but have never seen a Viking in real life. I used to live in the area where Timmys rule. (joe petty from pettypb.com is a god with timmys) They look like cool guns actually, from seeing the vids on Pbnation. Must look more into it when I get some cash.

Jon/xpm
08-07-2003, 06:06 PM
No sKiLLz-when dealing with one minded people like crazy you have to be rude :)
Like i said
Timmy and viks are BoTh Awesome
i would prefer viks over timmyz thou :)

RetroEclipseMan
08-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by -=DFOX=-
In response to the Brick pic, here's mine, i think they look sexy.

http://members.cox.net/foxshop/WASvikingblack.jpg

Has eyes and covers now.

OMG:eek: :eek: that has to be one of the nicest annos I've seen on a viking. Is it custom or did you get it straight from AKA?

-=DFOX=-
08-07-2003, 06:30 PM
Just your basic black, but it does seem to have a weird bluish tint to it.

Jon/xpm
08-07-2003, 07:22 PM
all black viks look like that
ano is tought as nails

Crazy
08-07-2003, 11:02 PM
crazy

lets see the difference
VIKING WINS

with a gz, a quick wipe with a paper towel cleans it very well..

timmy or viking
WooT ViKiNG WiNS aGaIn

Show me some proof of a person shooting a viking faster than a timmy, in semi only... none of that FA crap.

TiMMies wInS

What are all these billions of dollars of upgrades that you are talking about? my timmy must not be up to par since i've only paid 50$, for my ram cap and volumizer.

if you can't afford 20$ for a tube of grease that will last over 2 years, then you shouldn't be playing paintball.

again, elaborate on these billions of dollars of upgrades..?

again, what are these required billion dollar upgrades?
oh well timmy are in teh dust :) [/B]

and what gun has he actually made thats worth buying?

ef you, ef you, ef you, your cool, ef you.
i'm out.

E==Mag MAN
08-07-2003, 11:04 PM
Why does everyone always have to argue about this crap. When you pay 900 for a setup and the other guy pays 1000 or 800 its all the same stuff. A timmy doesn't shoot any better than a viking or a angel or an emag. All the high end guns end up performing around the same. Sure one shoots 4 balls faster and the other one gets 400 more shots off a 68 45. None of it matters. A intimidator wont make you a better player than when you had and angel visa versa with any high end gun. Its all damn preference and when will you people see that. Since this thread is called viking lets crown the viking the best gun... and end it.

Crazy
08-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by E==Mag MAN
lets crown the viking the best gun... and end it.

because i just can't let that happen..

Jon/xpm
08-08-2003, 12:54 AM
Crazy-so i guess you never clean and lube your internals?
so you just wait for your gun to die on you?
I know with a timmy you have to dow55 some of the internals

Billion of upgrades include :)
high flow barbs, eye covers(plastic break and sux), hard detents (maybe if you use a halo), volumizer, adjustable ram cap... Then if you want a good board you have to get the was board...Clamshell is an option but most people prefer and say their is a differnce (not sure exactly on this), then you have to get a rise (if your gun didnt come out with the clamping) if you want to use other hoppers...
Then comes the ram bumpers which need to be changed out, then the black magic cup seal which helps it out better...
Was eye...
Not all these items are needed thou...
Cheapest new timmy i could find is in the area of 900
Vikings go for 750
Personally the viking would be the better buck out of the two...

Jon/xpm
08-08-2003, 12:59 AM
This would all stop if crazy would admit that the viking is a good gun...
We all know the vik and timmy are both great guns
But crazy wont admit that
Maybe he is mad that he spent more on his gz, that the viking is less maint., ETC
Crazy Why do you actually hate the viking so much?
are you actually jealous and really want one?

Jon/xpm
08-08-2003, 01:03 AM
Another thing that is important to note
you have the best gun in the world
but that does not mean your the best paintball playor

(according to the other John *was at the ao event with blue tiMMy*)
looks are 70% of your game
the rest is the gun

Crazy
08-08-2003, 01:06 AM
Crazy-so i guess you never clean and lube your internals?
so you just wait for your gun to die on you?
I know with a timmy you have to dow55 some of the internals

yeah, 2 pistons.. and a ram.. takes about 30 seconds.

Billion of upgrades include :)
high flow barbs, eye covers(plastic break and sux), hard detents (maybe if you use a halo), volumizer, adjustable ram cap... Then if you want a good board you have to get the was board...Clamshell is an option but most people prefer and say their is a differnce (not sure exactly on this), then you have to get a rise (if your gun didnt come out with the clamping) if you want to use other hoppers...
Then comes the ram bumpers which need to be changed out, then the black magic cup seal which helps it out better...
Was eye...

wow, you just named every single thing that came on a 2k2 GZ timmy.. and guess what, if i wanted a clamshell i'd get a 2k2 timmy, but i didn't so i got a gz with a .45 grip frame.

Not all these items are needed thou...
Cheapest new timmy i could find is in the area of 900
Vikings go for 750
Personally the viking would be the better buck out of the two...
also, lets look at how easy it is to get these teched. not only are they the easiest guns to work on, but you can get them teched almost anywhere.. where as if your at a tourny without an AKA booth... your SOL.

Crazy
08-08-2003, 01:08 AM
This would all stop if crazy would admit that the viking is a good gun...
We all know the vik and timmy are both great guns
But crazy wont admit that
Maybe he is mad that he spent more on his gz, that the viking is less maint., ETC
Crazy Why do you actually hate the viking so much?
are you actually jealous and really want one?

if i wanted one of the bricks, i could get one a helluva lot cheaper than 750$.. drive down to their pull barn in the middle of the cornfield in hickville, IN and get it.

Crazy
08-08-2003, 01:09 AM
Another thing that is important to note
you have the best gun in the world
but that does not mean your the best paintball playor

(according to the other John *was at the ao event with blue tiMMy*)
looks are 70% of your game
the rest is the gun

are you an idiot?

Ov3rmind
08-08-2003, 02:23 AM

yeah, 2 pistons.. and a ram.. takes about 30 seconds.

Wow, and on a Viking you have to lube nothing (0 seconds).

wow, you just named every single thing that came on a 2k2 GZ timmy.. and guess what, if i wanted a clamshell i'd get a 2k2 timmy, but i didn't so i got a gz with a .45 grip frame.

Ok, I think we already established neither gun needs upgrades. I have heard it is necessary for some Timmys to get an adjustable ram cap, but those are in the minority.

also, lets look at how easy it is to get these teched. not only are they the easiest guns to work on, but you can get them teched almost anywhere.. where as if your at a tourny without an AKA booth... your SOL.

That all depends on what tournies you play. BTW, the Viking is also extremely easy to disassemble thanks to the removable tubes that hold the internals.

No sKiLLz
08-08-2003, 03:23 AM
I can't wait till our website is set up so we can put an end to X vs. Y debates. There is a reason certain markers cost more than others, and there is a reason pro teams in REAL leagues (NPPL, X-Ball, not rec-ball players) use certain markers. Most people would say a Corvette is better than a Mustang, but then a Mustang owner would defend the Mustang with price and practicality reasons.

You can argue all you want about how teams are sponsored and get these markers for free and that's why they use them, but when Trauma and Ironmen are borrowing NYX's Trixes when they already have their own, there is an obvious flaw in that argument. The Viking is a nice marker for the price, but if the money is there, no contest. Lasoya Timmy, NYX or Ironmen Trix, Angel Speed...

Psycho Chicken
08-08-2003, 07:05 AM
I owned a viking for about a wek and a half. Sold it to get the bigger brother (excal). I had already fallen in love with it but an excal is even sweeter.

E==Mag MAN
08-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Sure maintence to some people is an issue, and may even swade them to purchase another gun. How ever maintence has nothing to do with performace of the gun, So stop usuing it as your vikings claim to fame. Personally I dont mind maintence at all, I like to sit there and fiddle with my crap.

Also crazy you sure Equilizer comes stocks on the 2k3 gz, I doubt it because the price didn't go up.

Crazy
08-08-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by E==Mag MAN
Also crazy you sure Equilizer comes stocks on the 2k3 gz, I doubt it because the price didn't go up.

As it is not a necessity, No it does not.

Jon/xpm
08-08-2003, 04:54 PM
Crazy-okay i give up
your either a kid who got dropped on his head being a baby
or your the baby in the pic smoking...

Crazy
08-08-2003, 06:33 PM
you got nothin'.

Jon/xpm
08-08-2003, 10:03 PM
nothing Hmmm>>>
wat are you referring by that
My mind is open unlike yours :)
If i dont like guns.. i usually
try to give them a couple chances
like the xmag...
But i must say booo on the emag :)

Crazy
08-08-2003, 11:45 PM

like the xmag...
But i must say booo on the emag :)

ha, thats quite amusing.

Jon/xpm
08-09-2003, 12:32 AM
Oh... I have a fully Milled Viking sitting on my desk
wish it was mine :( (local kids)
ViKInGZ RulE!

GT
08-09-2003, 08:42 AM

GT
08-09-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by No sKiLLz

but when Trauma and Ironmen are borrowing NYX's Trixes when they already have their own,

NYX or Ironmen Trix

Why would a team change to a completly different gun in a tourney? If you played with a trix why would you switch to a vik mid-tounry? Doesnt make much sense to completely switch guns.

Its a comfort issue not a "pic the best gun issue".

Sorry guys but a timmy, angel, vik, are the same dam thing. Stacked tube blow back. IF you guys feel the neww to get into a pissing contest over which one is best feel free. Personally i think the vik is a dam fine gun and so is the timmy, however a timmy is just not for me.

chuff, chuff

Ov3rmind
08-09-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi
Sorry guys but a timmy, angel, vik, are the same dam thing. Stacked tube blow back. IF you guys feel the neww to get into a pissing contest over which one is best feel free. Personally i think the vik is a dam fine gun and so is the timmy, however a timmy is just not for me.
Um, none of them are blowbacks.

Crazy
08-09-2003, 02:45 PM

thats the second time that has happened... and guess what IM NOT COMPARING IT TO AN ANGEL.

Jon/xpm
08-09-2003, 02:47 PM
Just wait gtrsi he will come up with some better excuse next....
nice link...

Jon/xpm
08-09-2003, 02:57 PM
quote from a timmy owner

The nicest thing about Vikings is that they sell in the $700 range so it may be a better buy for the buck than the newer Timmys. They're also a bit easier to maintain and tend to be more efficient than Timmys. It doesn't come with an eye but it's LP enough that it's supposed to pinch rather than break when set up properly.

and u get alot shots off on a viking then a GZ...

GT
08-09-2003, 03:29 PM

Um, none of them are blowbacks.

maybe you can clarify that for me. I was under the impression that most of those guns were simliar to an old pmi our or current spyder, less an LPR.

Sorry just a little hazy on this issue please explaing what the diff is in a open bolt blow back spyder and an open bolt stacked viking, bushy, pulse, ......

Crazy:

Feel free to post as childish as you like. You know good and well that an LCD is smaller than a shocker. I am on the tail end of this convo and it seems that more mature folks in this post have all but given up on you. Besides if you have seen it twice now and have yet to change your mind then I guess an additional post wont help.

Jon/xpm

I agree man! The vike is a bad gun for the money. Hell you can get a made to order Featherlite for a little over 1k. Truly custom made for the player, you can barly touch a speed with a lifetime warrenty for 1k.

Jason

Ov3rmind
08-09-2003, 03:39 PM

maybe you can clarify that for me. I was under the impression that most of those guns were simliar to an old pmi our or current spyder, less an LPR.

Sorry just a little hazy on this issue please explaing what the diff is in a open bolt blow back spyder and an open bolt stacked viking, bushy, pulse, ......

It just deals with how the hammer operates. A blowback gun requires the hammer to be pushed forward by a spring, and returned from gas vented from the valve when the hammer strikes it. This is how Spyders and all their clones operate.

Angels, Bushys, Vikings, Timmys etc. are electropneumatic. The hammer is both pushed forward and returned by a solenoid toggling gas between two points in a ram.

The designs themselves do share some similarities, but at their base, they are different designs.

ZyperioN
08-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Hey I was wondering where the cheapest place is for an un-milled gloss black viking. Someone had mentioned $750 for a dark viking eariler and while that seems like a very good price I was just seeing if they could be had for any less while still coming with the WAS board, newer noids, and the eye holes already drilled and tapped. A picture of the setup i'd like most is below.

Ov3rmind
08-14-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by ZyperioN
Hey I was wondering where the cheapest place is for an un-milled gloss black viking. Someone had mentioned $750 for a dark viking eariler and while that seems like a very good price I was just seeing if they could be had for any less while still coming with the WAS board, newer noids, and the eye holes already drilled and tapped. A picture of the setup i'd like most is below.
The Dark Viking is your best bet. However, I must warn you, it's more of a matte black then a gloss black.

Jon/xpm
08-14-2003, 04:16 PM
correct me if im wrong
but aka stoped gloss black while back...
plus the matte is tough as nails
and is great looking...

No sKiLLz
08-14-2003, 04:37 PM

Why would a team change to a completly different gun in a tourney? If you played with a trix why would you switch to a vik mid-tounry? Doesnt make much sense to completely switch guns.

Its a comfort issue not a "pic the best gun issue".

What?!! Who are you people? Read the whole post, and if you think your response still makes sense, don't post again.

Keep pumping up the Viking and the Excal, u guys. Once again, makes my life easier on the playing field.

Kaiser Bob
08-14-2003, 05:29 PM
anyone see that video of the viking doing 30cps? hehe i want my gun to do that :)

ZyperioN
08-14-2003, 08:31 PM
ok so where is the cheapest place to buy a dark viking then?

$tevo
08-14-2003, 08:40 PM
dfox, is that a featherlite or a unmilled viking?

ZyperioN
08-14-2003, 08:54 PM
it's un-milled, and would somebody please help me find where to get a stock black viking for less than $740.

Jon/xpm
08-14-2003, 08:57 PM
ZyperioN-cheapest is 740!

ZyperioN
08-14-2003, 09:27 PM
yeah thats the lowest i found, but ya never kno.