PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here that uses a mag with a remote?

Ferengal
07-25-2003, 11:01 PM
I'm just curious how people use a remote with a mag and if a QD straight into the valve would work or a rigged asa to remote fitting off of the bottomline must be used?

rx2
07-25-2003, 11:34 PM
I have used a remote in the past, and so have some of my friends.

With CO2, you can still get freeze if you don't run an expansion chaber, so I would still use one. If you run the chamber at the bottle end, you could run it directly into the valve. I don't know that this would feel right, though. Other than working the fitting loose from the movement of the hose, I could think of no real problems with running it this way. The Mag is pretty robust, and I don't think that the stress could harm anything.

This is an atypical setup, though, so I don't know for certain if it would be harmful.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
07-25-2003, 11:47 PM
if i did i would run it to either a gas thru or an x-chamber

Wickster
07-26-2003, 11:46 AM
I used to run a proline remote that had an expansion chamber at the bottle. I had the braided ss run to the asa adapter on the mag (not directly to the valve). I found it worked well for a long time (I used this setup from about 92 to 2002 with a classic valve).

Army
07-26-2003, 03:48 PM
It wasn't until quite recently, that I used a remote on my MiniMag. It ran my marker on Co2 for over 6 years.

As you can see, the slinky remote went into a 4 stage expando. This set up never gave me any grief.

Ferengal
07-26-2003, 09:08 PM
I'm using HPA on a new RT pro that comes with a ULE body stock, the grip doesn't have any gas ports or anything.

Right now the gun looks stupid with an adapter going into the bottomline, I'll try a QD straight into the valve and hope I don't break something...

Stupi
07-27-2003, 01:10 AM
I ran remote, until mine broke in transport.. ended up under all the gear in the bag. Anyways, I didn't wanna shell out the new money for a remote when I went up to E-mag. Got a nice drop forward... it's nice not having a tether in the way when you wanna put the marker down. My Automag was so small and light off a remote though.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
07-27-2003, 10:02 AM
also try running a drop to see how you like it

Matt_mg
07-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Hey army that's a pretty offensive barrel condom you got there ;) nice set-up with the expansion chamber under the grip :O never though of that.

As for the remote in the valve I woudn't do it, what if your remote got snagged and it pulled on the threads of the valve? Alright it's unlikely but think what a valve with stripped threads might do ?
I'd run it into a gas-trough though, just in case...

Army
07-27-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Matt_mg
Hey army that's a pretty offensive barrel condom you got there ;)...

I live to offend the ignorant:D

Strider
07-27-2003, 07:34 PM
I used to run this setup into my mag:

steimway
07-27-2003, 07:51 PM
I run co2 into a gas through stock, and then through an expansion chamber/foregrip and then into my gun. It works well, but it starts to freeze up during long strings. Living in maine doesn't help either. I'll be going to hpa pretty soon.

ß.C.
07-27-2003, 09:12 PM
I use to when I didn't have a 45/45. It took a lot of the weight off. And yes a q/d into a fitting would work on the valve.

yurchikcs
07-28-2003, 06:44 PM
Used to, that's how I ran when I first picked up my mag.

Aegis
07-28-2003, 07:37 PM
The biggest down side I have found with a remote is that you can set your marker down while talking to someone, then forget about it and walk away from the table. How far you get depends on the length of your remote.