PDA

View Full Version : Would it be easier to "Save Paintball" through time, dedication and compition.

Star_Base_CGI
07-25-2003, 11:39 PM
All things being equal? Would it be possible to "Save Paintball" through good old American inginiuty?

Would it be easier to "Save Paintball" Through time, dedication and compition.

Time and time again compaines win through stratigy and money? Is it possible to do it the old fashioned way.

A couple of years ago, i was working at a computer store. Christian Broadcasting had an article about how Cristian based companies are more successfull than regular companies.

Over time the baby boomers will retire and the economy will improve.

My experience tells me no but I would like to think good will always win out over evil.

Given a choice would you play at CPX or other. Would you shoot SP or other?

DiRTyBuNNy
07-25-2003, 11:53 PM
I would rather just see the SP building erupt in a ball of flame as we all stand around singing Johnny Cash..

"...down down down...and the flames, they went higher...and it burns burns burns...in a ring of fire...in a ring of fire..."

Star_Base_CGI
07-25-2003, 11:55 PM
I fell into a burning ring of fire. It went down down down and the flames kept burning higher and it burns burns burns.

The ring of fire, the ring of fire.

The ring of fire. LOL.

Animal Mother
07-26-2003, 12:04 AM
Johnny Cash.. the only country singer I have ever liked.

Well.. then ther.. tha.. tha.. ther.. theres.. Meh.. meh.. me.. meh.. Mel Tillis.

:)

DiRTyBuNNy
07-26-2003, 12:06 AM
Well...we only wish SP would fall into a ring of fire..

Star_Base_CGI
07-26-2003, 12:10 AM
Flame SP

DiRTyBuNNy
07-26-2003, 12:11 AM
you know you can borrow that Anti-SP pic from my sig...I just decided to host it since my website gets absolutely no traffic..

Star_Base_CGI
07-26-2003, 12:15 AM
I was trying to post this one.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=930340

Toxic Dave
07-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Now you want SP Burnt down?? That's great put 180 for the most part good people out of jobs. Shut down one of the few Made in the US companies in paintball. And really hurt the economy of Latrobe, PA. You people have no clue, if it were Tom sueing people for infringing on his designs, you'd be dancing in the streets. SP is very protective of their patents, as they should be, it's their design to do what they please, and it pleases them to defend them. It's called protecting your biz.

dave

DiRTyBuNNy
07-26-2003, 03:13 PM
I complete understand what you're saying, TD...and I didn't mean actually burning them down..just metaphorically. And as far as SP defending their patents, that's fine, that's their deal...but they are going to have to live with the result of their actions...and have they thought of that yet. I'm sure Bud or Tom may have some patents that they COULD enforce and screw SP with but they decided that for the good of the sport they would let them go unenforced. Yes, that was their decision, because they saw the bigger picture which is something I think SP lacks. That's fine if SP wants to sue ICD or WDP, they have their right, but I also have my right to tell everyone I know to boycott Smart Parts and they can burn themselves into the ground.

Toxic Dave
07-26-2003, 06:39 PM
I know for a fact that SP has some pretty brilliant minds in their midst, I'm quite sure that they aren't going to destroy the industry purely to create a monopoly. The fact is the Gardners are partners with DYE (Matrix) and National Paintball (Intimidator) in the PSP, they won't destroy that partnership. I know that there is old, bad blood between them and WDP and I wouldn't be suprised to see that get ugly.

People worry too much about the state of the industry, If I didn't have a job at a manufacturer and custom shop, I wouldn't care about all the politics, all I'd care about is if I could get paint and air so i can play.

dave/ toxic/ gzs

DiRTyBuNNy
07-26-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Toxic Dave
People worry too much about the state of the industry, If I didn't have a job at a manufacturer and custom shop, I wouldn't care about all the politics, all I'd care about is if I could get paint and air so i can play.

Well..I guess this is because paintball is still small enough of an industry that we can still have an effect on it. And as far as has been described earlier, if they can in fact enforce the broadening of their patent as has been described in other threads they definitely could go after DYE for the Matrix.

Albinonewt
07-27-2003, 01:38 AM
And, I believe the answer to the original question to be that ingenuity will eventually save the day. As I stated in the now extremely long thread I truly do belive that no matter which way the suit goes it will change the paintball industry as different companies gear up for their next innovation to avoid the problems that may be created with the suit.

The one other thing I think will happen is that companies will be forced to view themselves more as competitors and less as a community, which has advantages and disadvantages.